H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 05-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale
Default Moving DVD players from cloth to leather?

I was able to find a pair of headrest DVD players on eBay for a good price ($925 or so). Problem is they are cloth and I have a leather interior. I thought it would be easy enough for a car audio guy to cut these into my leather headrests, but now I'm not so sure. The one guy I called said he couldn't do it. Anyone have suggestions?

-Chris
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 05-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving DVD players from cloth to leather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeinck
I was able to find a pair of headrest DVD players on eBay for a good price ($925 or so). Problem is they are cloth and I have a leather interior. I thought it would be easy enough for a car audio guy to cut these into my leather headrests, but now I'm not so sure. The one guy I called said he couldn't do it. Anyone have suggestions?

-Chris

Was this at a reputable install shop? I would think that they would be fairly easy to pull from the cloth headrest and reinstall too. Check around with a couple of other shops. Not sure if you saw my post in your previous thread about this but if possible, could you post some pics of the wiring for the units. I am trying to find where I can tap into the driver side A/V feed to split it so I can feed both the passenger side unit as well as my NAV unit. I think I have found where the dealer put the control module but not sure. I certainly would appreciate it.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I'm going to call a few more places. I was bummed - really wanted to get them installed this week.
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 05-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

It might not be that easy--some aftermarket setups actually use larger headrests and utilize custom made hollow posts. Just depends as your oem headrests will accomodate *MOST* monitors 7" and smaller. You will not be able to transfer Invision or Vizualogic units with built in dvd's very easily at all (been there, done that!!).
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to know kodiak, thanks for the info. cmeinck, I noticed yesterday that the manufacturer of these is located across town so I am trying to find out from them if there is a breakout cable I can get. Have you tried to contact them about maybe doing an exchange?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Called another car audio guy today and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Seller didn't ship until today, so I have a few days to research the issue. I'm hoping I get to keep this system. They just look awesome.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Slammed Vette is on a distinguished road

Found a set on ebay in leather new for ya.!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hummer-H3-headre...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeinck
Called another car audio guy today and he said it wouldn't be a problem. Seller didn't ship until today, so I have a few days to research the issue. I'm hoping I get to keep this system. They just look awesome.
Take a look at the "Description" area in Slammed Vette's Ebay post.It has info about swapping headrests.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

I ended up buying these. Now I have two sets. I didn't want the hassle of having someone cut into my headrests. This way, I'll just install these bad boys and sell off the cloth ones.

Oh the trouble we go through for entertainment.