H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Field Scout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3 gas pedal knocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1007
bject: Clunk Or Knock Noise Heard And Felt Through The Steering Wheel Or Brake And Accelerator Pedals - keywords intermediate rattle shaft #PIT4448 - (06/27/2007)
Models: 2007 Hummer H3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
A clunk or knock noise is heard and felt through the steering wheel or brake and accelerator pedals, the cause is a slip/stick condition in the lower steering shaft. This is a temperature sensitive issue and usually requires the vehicle to have been driven for a period of time to increase under hood temperatures

Recommendation/Instructions:
Replace the lower steering shaft part no. 25776339. There is a high probability that replacing the shaft will correct the condition as there are only a small percentage of parts that exhibit this condition. This PI will be updated when a new part number becomes available.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Mine has this problem to just bought three weeks ago Seems to be widespread

went to dealer yesterday for a/c and rear locker problems and was told about this very thing dealer said bring it in and they will take care of it does seem to be wide spread in 07's glad mines an 06
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

joedirt is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I noticed mine early on. I knew there was definitely a problem somewhere in the front end. The problem will arise after long drives or increased outside temperatures (you will feel it faster if the outside temperature is pretty hot). I now have 12K miles on the car and are still waiting for GM to get the new shafts to my dealer. I think I will call them tomorrow because it is driving me nuts...especially with the 100 Degree houston weather. The service guy said that he saw the problem more on the adventure models rather than the basic models. Before, he told me that they were just replacing the shafts with the same design and not the redesigned one. Have the redesigned shaft models been released yet from GM?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Hummer Novice

FISH5337 is on a distinguished road

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM STARTED MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. IT TOOK THEM 2 WEEKS TO FIGURE THE PROBLEM OUT. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THINK I HELPED OUT A LITTLE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 03 DURAMAX. I GOT MY NEW SHAFT IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY. FIXED PROBLEM RIGHT UP. ON MINE THE BUSHING AT THE COLAPSE POINT ON THE STEERING SHAFT WAS CRUSHED. THEY SAID THAT WAS LETTING THE SHAFT FLEX IN AND OUT. IT TOOK ABOUT 45 MINUTES TO FIX. AFTER THE DEALERSHIP FIXED MINE THEY HAD 6 OR 7 MORE RIGHT AFTER MINE WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS. GOOD LUCK HOPE EVERYBODY GETS THE NEW SHAFT.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>?{ . N 29.47.89 W 95.25.71
Spuds is on a distinguished road

Called McGinnis Hummer and they said they were familiar with the problem and would just go ahead and order my part. Two days later it came in and they said that it's about a 25 minute fix. Took it over at lunch time and was given a loaner. Was done by the time I got off work.
'87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'91 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
'04 VW Touareg VR-6
'07 Hummer H3 I-5 Lux/Offroad

Current:
'03 Ford Ranger Super Cab FX4
'09 Hummer H3 Alpha Offroad

Handle every situation like the dog !!
If you can't Eat it or Screw it; Piss on it and Walk Away.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point

I go in this Saturday to get mine fixed. And to get an alignment for my new torsion bars.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack
Old 08-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

BST1YET is on a distinguished road

I just spoke to my dealer, it has been two weeks since when they were suppossed to have order the new part and still has not come in. Its starting to drive me crazy, especially on 100 degree days.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey 6pack - did you take your truck in on Saturday? Did they fix it? What was the repair?
Thanks!

Last edited by ChiHummer3 : 08-27-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

YANKEES31 is on a distinguished road

I just got off the phone with my dealer...He is ordering me the part and hopefully it will be in by next Tuesday so I can get it in. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said it was the intermediate shaft.

2007 H3X-MOTO METAL 951'S-TOYO 33x12.5 MT'S-MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST-TRUXX LEVELING KIT-PIONEER AVIC Z2-CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM-REAL WHEELS HOOD DECK GRILL-NUMERIOUS OTHER CHROME ACCENTS

http://jaredneumann.tripod.com/index.html
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Chi, yes, I had mine in on Saturday and they replaced the lower (I think) steering shaft. I have not noticed the problem so far. All warrenty work. Although I have a gauge cluster issue and I got the standard dealer reply: Cannot reproduce the problem. That's annoying.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

trailerpup is on a distinguished road

Is this all 2007. Or, is it a pre-change over thing like the window/lock control move. I have late model 2007 with 3000 miles. No problems so far.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

YANKEES31 is on a distinguished road

Mine has a production date of 1/07 and it has the problem. Window controls are old version

2007 H3X-MOTO METAL 951'S-TOYO 33x12.5 MT'S-MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST-TRUXX LEVELING KIT-PIONEER AVIC Z2-CARBON FIBER INTERIOR TRIM-REAL WHEELS HOOD DECK GRILL-NUMERIOUS OTHER CHROME ACCENTS

http://jaredneumann.tripod.com/index.html