H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-12-2002, 12:47 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Tonight the local Marines put up a camper attached to a crane in the walmart parking lot. A marine officer will stay up there for so many days until they receive a certain amount of toys that they will donate to children this christmas. It's a great event. I think the last guy stayed up in the air for around a week or so. He only comes out when the wind is to much for the camper and crane.

Anyway...down below there were cables attached to military Humvees to stablize the camper up in the air. A total of 6 Humvess were used.

My son saw these and yelled out "HUMMAAAHsss!" as we rode by. Granted he is only 3, he can spot a Hummer a mile away. So we stopped in the parking lot and rolled up to where the marines were located.

I rolled down the window and asked them if they needed another Hummer to help hold the camper!!! Hee hee...they just cracked up and rushed over to check out the H2. There are only a few in town and many had not seen one in person. They were definitely impressed with the seats in the H2.

So we got to check out the Humvees and my son got to sit inside and he thought that was something. He was a little concerned about the "sunroof" in one of them...the place for the M50??? Not sure which one he said. But I thought that the rifle holder near the windows were cool. Gotta get one of those!!!

They also told me that we can get our Hummer club together and go through the Humvee course at the base! YEAH!!! Woo hoo cannot wait to call our folks and get them together!!!

ALSO...they sell the refurbished Humvees that are retired but in good condition on the base and you can get a great deal on a set rather than buying just one!!!

Hmmm...I am thinking that one of those babies would be fun to fix up. You know, this old Hummergirl is a lot like Marthat Stewart without the corporate hulla-ballew!!

It's been a while since I have been up near a Humvee in a long time and forgot how HUGE they really are. I am thinking that I could fix up the seats and make them more comfy and let one of those Hummers be another "play" vehicle.

So, anyone know anyone who has refurbished a Humvee? I know Outback restaurants use them for advertising around here. They have them painted with their logo. They look great.

I think this would be a fun project next year!!!

Any thoughts on this and what's the difference from the Humvee and the H1 or is there any difference as far as mechanics go???

Thanks in advance!

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-12-2002, 12:47 AM

Tonight the local Marines put up a camper attached to a crane in the walmart parking lot. A marine officer will stay up there for so many days until they receive a certain amount of toys that they will donate to children this christmas. It's a great event. I think the last guy stayed up in the air for around a week or so. He only comes out when the wind is to much for the camper and crane.

Anyway...down below there were cables attached to military Humvees to stablize the camper up in the air. A total of 6 Humvess were used.

My son saw these and yelled out "HUMMAAAHsss!" as we rode by. Granted he is only 3, he can spot a Hummer a mile away. So we stopped in the parking lot and rolled up to where the marines were located.

I rolled down the window and asked them if they needed another Hummer to help hold the camper!!! Hee hee...they just cracked up and rushed over to check out the H2. There are only a few in town and many had not seen one in person. They were definitely impressed with the seats in the H2.

So we got to check out the Humvees and my son got to sit inside and he thought that was something. He was a little concerned about the "sunroof" in one of them...the place for the M50??? Not sure which one he said. But I thought that the rifle holder near the windows were cool. Gotta get one of those!!!

They also told me that we can get our Hummer club together and go through the Humvee course at the base! YEAH!!! Woo hoo cannot wait to call our folks and get them together!!!

ALSO...they sell the refurbished Humvees that are retired but in good condition on the base and you can get a great deal on a set rather than buying just one!!!

Hmmm...I am thinking that one of those babies would be fun to fix up. You know, this old Hummergirl is a lot like Marthat Stewart without the corporate hulla-ballew!!

It's been a while since I have been up near a Humvee in a long time and forgot how HUGE they really are. I am thinking that I could fix up the seats and make them more comfy and let one of those Hummers be another "play" vehicle.

So, anyone know anyone who has refurbished a Humvee? I know Outback restaurants use them for advertising around here. They have them painted with their logo. They look great.

I think this would be a fun project next year!!!

Any thoughts on this and what's the difference from the Humvee and the H1 or is there any difference as far as mechanics go???

Thanks in advance!

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-12-2002, 02:37 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

The old pro's in the Hummer Club very strongly urged me to steer way clear of used Hummvee's....they say those things are used, abused, thrashed, trashed and just plain shot. The 'kids' push 'em out of airplanes and just abuse them hardcore. I've been assured I'd spend more getting it refurbished and 'upto speed' then the cost of a used Hummer. Plus...they're strippy's on the inside and typically don't have CTIS or other features the Hummer has.

Honestly...I still think of getting one, but I thought I'd give you the same warning the H1 guys gave me.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:44 AM

JJ is off the scale

Yea, I think I'm with Steve on this one, I've heard similar stories from the guard guys around here.

As creative as you are AMY, what do you think about putting one in your front yard buried to the grill, fill the interior with dirt and plant some banana trees. Or, you could seal it up real tight, fill it with water and dump some bass into it...

JJ
Old 12-12-2002, 11:08 AM

H2HH is off the scale

Amy,
I'll bet your son would like a Hummah for the yard too! I predict HUMMV's sprouting up in playground sandboxes everywhere.
H
Old 12-12-2002, 03:26 PM

would do the bass thing but seeing we already have a nice koi pond and a lake the water theme might be over done.

Too bad the covenents in the neighborhood and city restrict broken down cars in the yard, or I would attempt it.

Hey how about doing the Humvee like in the James Bond movie that just came out where the ferrari's dove into the ground! That just cracked me up!!

well we were only thinking of getting the used Humvee to use as the "trashed" vehicle to get stuff from Lowe's or Home Depot. And to use on the parades that we have here in the neighborhood. Yes we do parades at Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. Also boat parade as well. We have lots of fun down here!!!

Not looking for creature comforts in this type of vehicle. You know something we can take and run the hell out of in the woods with out having to worry with the skins or paint job on the "Good" Hummer.

Of course we would only get one that the body shop cuzins could fix fer us.

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-12-2002, 03:31 PM

Hee hee...my son would love that!!!

~amy
Old 12-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

that's exactly why I want an H1 or Humvee as well: so I could offroad it with no regard to the pretty finish and paint! I'd love to get one that I could use as a thrasher.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:43 PM

Hey steve...

this topic reminds me of that Gary Larson comic strip with the two grizzles in the woods in that abandoned old truck...one of them says "Hey if we could get this baby running...Just think, we would be the grizzlies from hell"!!!

it was one of those older far side comics years ago!

~amy
Move it or Lose it...