H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-02-2004, 06:22 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, I traded my H2 in a couple weeks back. Anyhow, my truck sold in less then 4 days, a guy took one look at it and fell in love with it. Not even 2 days after his purchase, it had to be taken down to the dealership for a ton of repair work, something with the tranny, breaks, etc. Anyhow, I was talking with my buddy at the Chevy dealership and he showed me the paperwork of what exactly was done to the H2 during it's 2 week stay at the Hummer dealership getting fixed. Supposedly there was a recall on the shift linkage, which they replaced, as well as there being a recall on the driveshaft. "Driveshaft too short, replaced with newer model longer driveshaft" is what the paperwork said. Anyone know about this driveshaft deal? I hadn't heard of either of these, and of course was never notified of these recalls because the Hummer dealership here is the pits. Anyhow, my truck was an early model 2003, purchased in August of 2002. Just figured I'd let some of you know about this.

-Grim

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, I traded my H2 in a couple weeks back. Anyhow, my truck sold in less then 4 days, a guy took one look at it and fell in love with it. Not even 2 days after his purchase, it had to be taken down to the dealership for a ton of repair work, something with the tranny, breaks, etc. Anyhow, I was talking with my buddy at the Chevy dealership and he showed me the paperwork of what exactly was done to the H2 during it's 2 week stay at the Hummer dealership getting fixed. Supposedly there was a recall on the shift linkage, which they replaced, as well as there being a recall on the driveshaft. "Driveshaft too short, replaced with newer model longer driveshaft" is what the paperwork said. Anyone know about this driveshaft deal? I hadn't heard of either of these, and of course was never notified of these recalls because the Hummer dealership here is the pits. Anyhow, my truck was an early model 2003, purchased in August of 2002. Just figured I'd let some of you know about this.

-Grim

Hey everyone,

-Grim

Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

I think there was a post about the drive shaft thing a ways back, but I don't get any recall info either.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 PM

TroysH2 is off the scale

My 2003 (August purchase also) is at the dealership having the drivers side shaft from the front differential replaced/repaired(leaking/seeping from the seal). There is a prior post with many 2003 H2 owners having the same condition. I do not know of any recall on the front shaft/seal/differential.

This has taken over 3 months, 5 visits, and 20-25 phone calls.

I hope its finally fixed when I pick it up tommorow.

I have over 37,700 miles with no major problems from the H2. I wish I could say the same about the dealership service.
good luck,
troy
Old 06-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH2Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

what does it feel like before having the drivers side fron differential replaced? was the steering wheel shaking like it felt like the wheels or steering wheel may fall off?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhiteH2Kid:
what does it feel like before having the drivers side fron differential replaced? was the steering wheel shaking like it felt like the wheels or steering wheel may fall off? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if there were a "feeling" before the diff goes out how would you expect it to override your overwhelming feeling of being a sissy little puss? Are you trying to BS your techs with some other problem? They probably roll their eyes when they see you coming.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Im living better...Dont care about your comments.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> originally posted by Vanilla Loser,
Im living better...Dont care about your comments. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good comeback....douche bag.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhiteH2Kid:
what does it feel like before having the drivers side fron differential replaced? was the steering wheel shaking like it felt like the wheels or steering wheel may fall off? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I am confused. What exactly is the "driver's side front differential?"
Old 06-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the opposite of the passenger side differential. They both come standard on all 8 wheel drive vehicles
Old 06-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

You guys are tough let me tell you... Im not even going to waste my energy typing to you dirt bags...
Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You guys are tough let me tell you... Im not even going to waste my energy typing to you dirt bags... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You ninny, what did you just do?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:50 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

And now back to our regularly scheduled post:
In case anyone else is interested, got the new driveshaft under warranty, it's listed as 'excessive drivetrain lash problem' or somesuch, and someone posted it here on Elcova. I got it fixed under the extended warranty, too.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Any 'symptoms' before this part goes bad?

Stacy
Old 06-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are tough let me tell you... Im not even going to waste my energy typing to you dirt bags... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes stop it, I mean it!
Old 06-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are tough let me tell you... Im not even going to waste my energy typing to you dirt bags... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 06-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Grim, none of those issues with my mid-January 03 H2. Thanks for the heads' up.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:11 PM

Paul L is off the scale

"it's listed as 'excessive drivetrain lash problem' or somesuch, and someone posted it here on Elcova." <span class="ev_code_RED">HEY guys do any of you have a copy of the recall or notice?</span> I have been trying to fight this with no results. They gave me a notice from GM saying not to do anything with backlash as it is standard - BS - I can move the truck (in park) 4" ............ please send me a copy or pm me with you repair order (without your info on it)
Old 11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ice, ice baby...
Attached Images