H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 03-16-2004, 12:16 AM

cinci is off the scale

I finally have some pictures of my Road Armor bumper and black grill. The bumper is great, very sturdy and I have had quite a few comments on how this helps the look of the truck. I do think it looks better with the black grill than the chrome one.

I haven't installed the SMA grill guard, as you can see, but hopefully will accomplish that this week. It appears that we may be able to mount it with just modifying the factory mounting brackets. I will take photos and post when finished.

[This message was edited by cincih2 on 03-16-04 at 07:42 AM.]

[This message was edited by cincih2 on 03-18-04 at 07:16 AM.]

[This message was edited by cincih2 on 03-18-04 at 07:36 AM.]
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon

cinci is off the scale

I finally have some pictures of my Road Armor bumper and black grill. The bumper is great, very sturdy and I have had quite a few comments on how this helps the look of the truck. I do think it looks better with the black grill than the chrome one.

I haven't installed the SMA grill guard, as you can see, but hopefully will accomplish that this week. It appears that we may be able to mount it with just modifying the factory mounting brackets. I will take photos and post when finished.

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon

cinci is off the scale

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 03-16-2004, 12:28 AM

Detonate is off the scale

Congrats! It looks great.

I can't wait to see it with the SMA Brushguard installed.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

That is sweet. It looks like you have a bit less of an approach angle in the front...somewhat more of an overhang?

I think it looks awesome without the grill guard, but probably will look equally as awesome with.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:42 AM

alecs wife is off the scale

Great job on the instalation!!!!!
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 03-16-2004, 01:01 PM

Is that the 12,000 lbs MileMarker?

What rope are you using with it?

How easy is it to pop that grill on and off?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:28 PM

cinci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
Is that the 12,000 lbs MileMarker?

What rope are you using with it?

How easy is it to pop that grill on and off? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Det,

That is the 12,000 lbs MileMarker It is the 75 series but you should use the 70 series as the installation is easier.

The line is X-Line made by Off Road Only . It has an 18,000 lb rating compaired to the wire with 14,000. I originally bought it for my warn 9500ti due to its high resistance to heat, necessary for electric winches. The hook is a safty hook, that comes with the cable, and is rated at 28,000 lbs. I like the safty factor of synthetic cable and you don't have as much of a problem of it kinking if it is not spooled on evenly. This is a problem with wire cable, right R2 .

The grill has standard GM pressure snaps with one at the bottom on each side and two accross the top. You can simply pull it out and press it back on with your hands.

The only issue is starting it behind the controle knob on the top. I thought about clearancing this but it is not difficult and I prefer not to cut the grill.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 03-16-2004, 01:49 PM

Just a suggestion, but since you have a rope line, you might want to consider using a black friction based fairlead.

I think that would look awesome!

From what I understand, a roller fairlead doesn't do you any good with a rope, and is actually worse for the line.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:56 PM

cinci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
Just a suggestion, but since you have a rope line, you might want to consider using a black friction based fairlead.

I think that would look awesome!

From what I understand, a roller fairlead doesn't do you any good with a rope, and is actually worse for the line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Det,

I actually have the nice aluminum fairlead that ORO sells. I haven't installed it because I haven't decided what to do with the license plate. James is going to send me a bracket that will clamp to the roller fairlead but won't work with the aluminum fairlead. I was thinking once I get the brush guard installed I may be able to attach the license to that.

I read from ORO that the issue with the roller fairleads is that you can get the rope pinched in the corners which could damage the rope. I will just be careful until I change fairleads.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 03-17-2004, 04:50 AM

sKauGhTiEe is off the scale

Do you have your SMA grill guard on yet? Love to see pics of it....
Old 03-17-2004, 11:21 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

Gee, those morons haven't found this thread yet -an actual H2 thread.

Love that bumper -contrary to a coupla liars on this board, I gotta pay for one. Question about the nice aux lights though, Cinci:
I've seen quite a few lights in the grill there. Isn't anyone worried about blocking airflow? Ever plan on driving her out west?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonkaH2:
Gee, those morons haven't found this thread yet -an actual H2 thread.

Love that bumper -contrary to a coupla liars on this board, I gotta pay for one. Question about the nice aux lights though, Cinci:
I've seen quite a few lights in the grill there. Isn't anyone worried about blocking airflow? Ever plan on driving her out west? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It would be because it's in the photo section. What lights are you referring to? The two lights on the grill guard are Hummer options. The ones in the bumper are not blocking any air flow that was originally there.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

Yeah, the ones he had on before the bumper -I assumed he'd put them back on. I know dealers will put them there, but that doesn't really comfort me. I just wondered if anyone had had problems.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't start anything in this thread out of respect for cinci. This is his album, not another sales pitch.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Frank,

It's OK, he's a RA Stock Holder.

How's the house comming along?

My Video Collectionez

Old 03-18-2004, 02:40 AM

cinci is off the scale

Tonka,

I had the lights on all last summer with no problems. Others on this forum have had three or four lights on the front and reported no problems. I have not driven out west in continuous 100 plus heat so take this for what it is worth.

Paragon and Frank,

Thanks for the respect.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 03-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonkaH2:
Yeah, the ones he had on before the bumper -I assumed he'd put them back on. I know dealers will put them there, but that doesn't really comfort me. I just wondered if anyone had had problems. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dealer's don't just put them there, they are a suggested accessory from the manufacturer. They are not just something the dealer sell and adds, if you order your H2 through GM it is an options just like adding leather seats.

Anyway, they don't block any airflow from entering the grill. Airflow is just not entering in a straight line, it flows around the lights.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:11 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zing:
That is sweet. It looks like you have a bit less of an approach angle in the front...somewhat more of an overhang?

I think it looks awesome without the grill guard, but probably will look equally as awesome with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But with any winch you put on the front you are going to impact the approach angle.

I think it looks really good and can't wait to see how it looks with the brush guard on.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrgMstr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zing:

I think it looks awesome without the grill guard, but probably will look equally as awesome with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But with any winch you put on the front you are going to impact the approach angle.

I think it looks really good and can't wait to see how it looks with the brush guard on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It appears the effect on the approach angle is negligible. The bumper appears to maintain roughly the same angle all the way up and then the fairlead sticks out. This probably could be overcome by angling the approach to the obstacle and gettin one wheel on first. Otherwise the bumper looks as though it could withstand being slid up the obstacle.