H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 05-18-2004, 12:09 PM

cinci is off the scale

Here are some pics from the Kinzalow event in Dayton TN. The first day we ran Moderate Plus trails with some of the SUTs, 15 total, that included the V ditch that provided some spectacular pictures as well as a spectacular ride.

On days two and three I ran the difficult trails with the H1s. On 3 of the four trails that I ran they said that I was the only H2 to ever go down the trails.

I was testing the HD tie rods for Rubber Duck 4x4 this was version 2 and I think they have it right. I have no financial connections with them other than I am a willing guinea pig for testing some of their new off road products.

I will also post a link to some other pictures from the trip taken by some of the other H1 owners. In one of these pictures you can see the right rear tire completely off the ground due to a large rock under the rear diff. Other Kinzalow Pics

They said they could follow me down the trail by the silver shavings form the front skid plate laying on the rocks.

I have included some pictures of the underneath of the truck after day two when I was having new idler and pitman arms installed as well as a new steering gear. The idler pitman were basically worn out when I arrived at the event but after two days on those kind of trails they needed to be replaced. GM is supporting these events with Mechanics a parts.

I think the H2 surprised every body on what it could do however, the six inches of ground clearance that it gives up to the ones is a major disadvantage. Most of the rocks that they would straddle we need to put a tire on to get over. Also, the H2 needs more of a finesse line and can not be hammered like the H1.

I broke a half shaft on the trail at the end of the second day. I was trying to clime over a two foot rock in front and the wheels were turned all the way to the drivers side. Tires weren't spinning but I was applying throttle and suddenly it went pop. It probably wouldn't have happened if the wheel hadn’t been turned all of the way but those things will happen.

If I hadn't had the RD4x4 under carriage I would have probably left the transfer case and oil pan on the trail. The front skid plat that you see is being reinstalled after taking a ten pound sledge to it for about ten minutes to try to straiten it back out. It was pushed all the way up against the front diff. If you did this often the front skid will have to go. I think the Duck is working on another model with plate on the outside.

The trip was great, the trails were unbelievable, and the H2 is awesome. However, it is not a H1.
Attached Images

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon

cinci is off the scale

Here are some pics from the Kinzalow event in Dayton TN. The first day we ran Moderate Plus trails with some of the SUTs, 15 total, that included the V ditch that provided some spectacular pictures as well as a spectacular ride.

On days two and three I ran the difficult trails with the H1s. On 3 of the four trails that I ran they said that I was the only H2 to ever go down the trails.

I was testing the HD tie rods for Rubber Duck 4x4 this was version 2 and I think they have it right. I have no financial connections with them other than I am a willing guinea pig for testing some of their new off road products.

I will also post a link to some other pictures from the trip taken by some of the other H1 owners. In one of these pictures you can see the right rear tire completely off the ground due to a large rock under the rear diff. Other Kinzalow Pics

They said they could follow me down the trail by the silver shavings form the front skid plate laying on the rocks.

I have included some pictures of the underneath of the truck after day two when I was having new idler and pitman arms installed as well as a new steering gear. The idler pitman were basically worn out when I arrived at the event but after two days on those kind of trails they needed to be replaced. GM is supporting these events with Mechanics a parts.

I think the H2 surprised every body on what it could do however, the six inches of ground clearance that it gives up to the ones is a major disadvantage. Most of the rocks that they would straddle we need to put a tire on to get over. Also, the H2 needs more of a finesse line and can not be hammered like the H1.

I broke a half shaft on the trail at the end of the second day. I was trying to clime over a two foot rock in front and the wheels were turned all the way to the drivers side. Tires weren't spinning but I was applying throttle and suddenly it went pop. It probably wouldn't have happened if the wheel hadn’t been turned all of the way but those things will happen.

If I hadn't had the RD4x4 under carriage I would have probably left the transfer case and oil pan on the trail. The front skid plat that you see is being reinstalled after taking a ten pound sledge to it for about ten minutes to try to straiten it back out. It was pushed all the way up against the front diff. If you did this often the front skid will have to go. I think the Duck is working on another model with plate on the outside.

The trip was great, the trails were unbelievable, and the H2 is awesome. However, it is not a H1.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon

cinci is off the scale

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 05-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a nice story cinci, but where's the pics??
Old 05-18-2004, 01:00 PM

cinci is off the scale

I was trying to send this as a zip file and apparently it didn't go the first time.
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 05-18-2004, 01:05 PM

cinci is off the scale

The V ditch
Attached Images

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 05-18-2004, 01:06 PM

cinci is off the scale

Attached Images

Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 05-18-2004, 01:07 PM

cinci is off the scale