H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I think I just got screwed....

...by a fellow 3er! I parked in a Target parking lot next to a black H3 with silver center caps on their wheels....came out and my old style, black center caps were gone!!! I was only in the freaking store or 20 minutes! I'm so pissed!

I filed a police report, which even the officer admitted would probably get me no where other than to help with an insurance claim. I've got my fingers crossed that Target's surveillance cameras picked up the a$$hole taking them. SOB!!!

Stealing shiot off of someone's ride is .
Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I think I just got screwed....

Hope they catch the turd
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks You cant get the black ones at the dealer.
Did he get the spare ?.
try Ebay for replacements.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

ahhhh that really blows! thats soooo lame tat someone would do that. however my honest opinion i dont think it was the guy in the other H3 becuase if he has chrome he probably doesnt want non-chrome. Was that h3 gone when you got back to the parking lot?

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
ahhhh that really blows! thats soooo lame tat someone would do that. however my honest opinion i dont think it was the guy in the other H3 becuase if he has chrome he probably doesnt want non-chrome. Was that h3 gone when you got back to the parking lot?

Yep - the other 3 was gone when I came out of the store. I can't believe that it would've been anyone else who took 'em. Most people don't even know you can walk up and just pop them off. If the focker didn't take them to swap out with his own.....he's probably selling the damn things on eBay. I'll probably be buying them back from the turd! (I prefer the look of the black to the silver - so I'll probably be searching eBay for them since you can't get them at the dealership anymore)

This sucks!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
That sucks You cant get the black ones at the dealer.
Did he get the spare ?.
try Ebay for replacements.

Nope - he didn't get the spare. Thankfully, I have a tire cover over the spare. If the SOB had a boulder gray truck he probably would've taken the damn tire cover too!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHummer3
Yep - the other 3 was gone when I came out of the store. I can't believe that it would've been anyone else who took 'em. Most people don't even know you can walk up and just pop them off. If the focker didn't take them to swap out with his own.....he's probably selling the damn things on eBay. I'll probably be buying them back from the turd! (I prefer the look of the black to the silver - so I'll probably be searching eBay for them since you can't get them at the dealership anymore)

This sucks!!!

which target this happen at, just so i know when to keep an eye out.

also carefull at the carwashes, last time i was at one near fulerton and 94 or something like that, i didnt have my caps on cauze i came back from weeling and the attendant comes up and hes like i got some of those in chrome if you want. i was thinking what the ****, should have bitch slapped him rite there, but he was kinda big.

your not on the south side are ya?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

How H3ers treat other H3ers reminds me of that National Geographics documentary of monkeys eating each other.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
How H3ers treat other H3ers reminds me of that National Geographics documentary of monkeys eating each other.
Or like little squirrels that will cannibalize their buddies.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks Chi. I bet the surveillance tapes get it. Target has pretty good ones. I hope anyway.

Sorry.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
which target this happen at, just so i know when to keep an eye out.

Tinley Park.

The manager at the Target said they would pull the surveillance tapes of the parking lot...but the cop basically said - don't hold your breath that we'll catch the guy that did it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
That sucks Chi. I bet the surveillance tapes get it. Target has pretty good ones. I hope anyway.

Sorry.

Thanks! Yeah - the Manager at Target made it sould like they should have caught the guy on tape, but the frickin' cop really didn't sound optomistic. "The detectives are pretty busy."

Perhaps if it was THEIR Hummer they'd look right into it. Sheesh - I gave them a 20-30 minute time frame that I was in the store. How hard is it to review the tapes???
Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah - the Manager at Target made it sould like they should have caught the guy on tape, but the frickin' cop really didn't sound optomistic. "The detectives are pretty busy."

Perhaps if it was THEIR Hummer they'd look right into it. Sheesh - I gave them a 20-30 minute time frame that I was in the store. How hard is it to review the tapes???

Chi,

That does suck. I have the black ones also, I like them better too.

About the cops, trust me, they are not going to get your center caps back for you. The cop that told you the detectives were busy was telling the truth. Chicago is a big city, this crime while important to you, is really very minor for them to spend time on. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just trying to explain it realistically.

If you want the black ones again, you'll just have to go find some more. Sorry, it really does suck, and it could happen to any of us just as easily.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
About the cops, trust me, they are not going to get your center caps back for you. The cop that told you the detectives were busy was telling the truth. Chicago is a big city, this crime while important to you, is really very minor for them to spend time on. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just trying to explain it realistically.

Oh - I know. I don't expect that I'll hear back from the police. I knew that before I even called them. I just wanted report # in case I file a claim through insurance.

I know the police are busy. I'm not trying to knock them...but it's just discouraging, knowing that this SOB is probably right there on the surveillance tape, but the cops don't have the time to view it and deal with it. Justice - ya gotta love it.

I guess what pisses me off most is that I won't be able to just go to the dealership and pick up new ones and be done with it. It's going to be a search to find replacements.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

what a freakin' loser !!!!

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Steve #1 is on a distinguished road

Chance are that even if there is video, it won't be of much use.

Typical parking lot cameras give you one of two things. Some will be zoomed out and give you a wide shot of the parking lot. You may be able to see someone walking up to the vehicle but won't be able to identify the person or in most cases the make or model of any vehicle they may have been in, much less a license plate. The other type of parking lot camera will pan and zoom around the parking lot. There is a slight chance that the camera could catch the person, and a even lesser chance that the person could be identified IF the camera happened to be pointed in the right direction at the right time.

It's not hard to review the tapes, but it can be hard to find what you're looking for.

If you want anything to happen with it you will need to do the legwork. Call the store and talk to the Assets Protection Team Leader. If they have decent video, and the person had made a purchase in the store using something other than cash, there is a good chance they could give the detective everything needed to track them down. Find out who the detective assigned to the case is and make sure anything the store video shows is acted on.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC

H2ers in the H3 forum reminds me of seeing that short bus full of retards in hockey helmets.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40

Last edited by stagger_lee : 09-13-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tinley Park.

The manager at the Target said they would pull the surveillance tapes of the parking lot...but the cop basically said - don't hold your breath that we'll catch the guy that did it.

I had aways thought that Target was in Orland Park, becuase it was north of 159th street.
That sucks though
Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

That does suck. Of the 4 times that my truck got broken into or vandalized, the only time the cops took an interest was when the entire truck got stolen. I didn?t even know it was gone from my garage. The cop called to ask if I had given my son permission to drive my Hummer. (He had pulled him over for a traffic stop.) Since I don?t have any kids that I know of I thought something was off. The kid bolted and got away. That pissed the cop off so much that they dusted for prints (I was shocked). The kid (26 y/o) is now a guest of the state for 6 months. Good luck with your theft recovery.

Last edited by tower : 09-13-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
H2ers in the H3 forum reminds me of seeing that short bus full of retards in hockey helmets.

Ouch...

Sorry to hear about that Chi. Some people who drive Hummers really shouldn't. They give us 'good guys' a bad name!