H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it just because it?s a Hummer? WTF???

Someone for the love of God tell me why people always want to fuk with me and my truck??

I can?t pull out of my work parking lot without having someone rev their engine as they go past.

More to the point, I?ll give an example of my fukkin? road rage.

I took my wife and daughter?s white water rafting yesterday in NC. We were in Bryson city and so close to tail of the dragon, I thought I?d take the H2 through it.

Because everyone else was about to throw up, when we left, we didn?t backtrack and come back the way we came in, I just continued into TN and eventually came out on I-40.

So the speed limit is 70. I?ve got the cruise set on 83-84?ish. I fly up on a older S420 Mercedes with temp tags on it so I tap the brakes to shut off the cruise and hope that this guy running under 70 will move. (I give him plenty of room and time to move, I didn?t just crawl up his butt)

Nope, nahhh, that would be too easy. The stupid fukker drops to just over 60 and refuses to get out of the left lane. I can?t go to the right because he?s driving even with a semi and there is another one behind that one.

I give him a bit hoping he?s just not paying attention and realizes that he needs to move.

No freakin? way, this guy knows I?m (now on HIS ASS) and refuses to budge. This goes on for a 2-3 miles and now I can?t even back out and go around everyone because there?s at least 20 cars behind me.

I was just going to drive on the shoulder and whip around him but I?m already to get into something I shouldn?t with my family in the car.

Finally, after 2-3 miles, he punches it, cuts off the semi and runs on down the highway moving over 3 more lanes. Apparently he thinks he?s going to outrun me so as he does, I punch him and run him down. He can?t get out of my way and as I fly by him, I SLIDE into his lane with him next to me running him into the shoulder.

You know, it was completely idiotic for me to bring myself to his level. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY FUK WITH ME??? He ended up hitting the gas and going anyways, why not just do that in the first place instead of going through all this??

My actions are not condoneable, they were no better than his but I don?t understand why people like this start crap like that? When you see someone coming up on you, why not just move over. I gave him plenty of opportunity to do so but that wasn?t good enough. Is it because it?s a big truck? Are people just that stupid?

I don?t get it.

Mark
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it just because it?s a Hummer? WTF???

i have only had 1 time where someone has gone out of thier way to screw with me, and it is very similiar to yoursituation.

on a 2 lane highway, guy with 3 others in the car were next to a semi. i came up on him, and slowed down, and there were plenty of cars behind me catching up. he just kept with the semi for many miles. the semi driver saw what was going on and tried speeding up and slowin down, and the guy just kept with him.

he eventually sped up and got over, but i think it was more of me riding his ass with my brights on and flooding the whole interior with nice bright light.

had another situation with a semi truck who decided he wanted to be in my lane.. the far left speed lane as i was about mid way passed him. i had my wife in the H2 and she was all pissed when i had to lock up the tires and try to get over so we didnt get sqished. it was very very close.. im still surprised i didnt get and damage from him or from the barrier.

i got around him and pulled in front of him and locked up my tires while giving him the bird out of the sun roof. then called in his company in the end and giving them his truck #. Lic plate# and telling them how he almost killed us.

for the most part, people here in minnesota tend to move over when they see me coming. i have seen cars ride the ass of other vehicles and finally cut over and pass the guy.. then when i get up on thier ass, they move over quickly
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it's because American drivers don't look in their rear view mirrors and many don't care. They are oblivious many times and I have found the same thing when I'm on the highway in several of my cars. In Germany they know how to drive the autobahns and people get out of the way.....fast in most cases. The heads up displays on Corvetttes drop the 2 once your over 200 kph - so don't be confused by the numbers. Can you imagine American highway drivers reacting like this?
Having been in the Air Force there and gone back for vacations I think German autobahn drivers are the most courteous in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1s6jzGtskI
Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Some people are just jerks and the Hummer brings it out more when they see one. I was also stationed in Germany many moons ago and if you play games and block people in the passing lane on an autobahn you die. I loved driving the autobahns, but I saw a lot of wrecks on it where you couldn't even make out what kind of car it was before the wreck. NICE VIDEO! Love the sounds of the gear changes.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 07-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya know, I've actually had the complete OPPOSITE experience. Maybe it's where you live? But in my area, people respect the Truck. It's borderline worship, I swear. I'll be in a merge lane and 9 times out of 10, people in the main road will STOP to let me merge in. It's freaking nuts. At any stop sign, they wave me through, even if THEY have the right of way. This area is mostly trucks tho, so that may be it?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Hummer Guru

I honestly think it?s people just trying to be jerks. This is NOT the first time.. I?ll bet I can give at least 8 incidences in the last year.

About 2 months ago, I had a woman in a Highlander drop to 60 (in a 65) and drove exactly next to the semi next to her.

The difference was I was pulling a 18? car trailer (empty). I followed and followed, flashed my lights, eventually crawling up her ass to the point I was about to push her.

All that did was make her slow down....

Finally, I slipped the truck into 4WD and punched it. I passed her in the median of the highway with two wheels in the grass and two wheels in the shoulder.

I then used the trailer to move her into the right lane.

Though I must sound like a raving lunatic, I?m not UNTIL you keep fukking with me. I will be more than courteous, I will go out of my way to let someone in before they even put their turn signal on.

I don?t care if I?m running 80 in a 60 in the left lane, if I see someone flying up behind me, I MOVE THE FUK OVER.

My biggest pet peeve is people that drive in the left lane, my years ago, I had a 3? decal in my back glass that said...

IF I HAD TO PASS YOU IN THE RIGHT LANE
GET THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!

Like I said, I will give them the benefit of the doubt meaning perhaps they didn?t see someone coming up behind them... perhaps they just weren?t paying attention and didn?t realize they were going slow in the left lane... it?s cool, it happens.

BUT once you realize that someone is behind you, the courteous thing is to safely move over, don?t purposely be a jerk.

The moron in the mercedes must have **** his pants when he saw the hummer bearing down on him, he punched it and I chased him down like he was sitting still. I love the duramax...lol.

I live by the rule, give respect, get respect.. don?t and see what happens.

Morons.

Mark
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Z06RB is on a distinguished road

It is a shame the duramax wasn't an option from the factory.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

pwrhse2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
I honestly think it?s people just trying to be jerks. This is NOT the first time.. I?ll bet I can give at least 8 incidences in the last year.

About 2 months ago, I had a woman in a Highlander drop to 60 (in a 65) and drove exactly next to the semi next to her.

The difference was I was pulling a 18? car trailer (empty). I followed and followed, flashed my lights, eventually crawling up her ass to the point I was about to push her.

All that did was make her slow down....

Finally, I slipped the truck into 4WD and punched it. I passed her in the median of the highway with two wheels in the grass and two wheels in the shoulder.

I then used the trailer to move her into the right lane.

Though I must sound like a raving lunatic, I?m not UNTIL you keep fukking with me. I will be more than courteous, I will go out of my way to let someone in before they even put their turn signal on.

I don?t care if I?m running 80 in a 60 in the left lane, if I see someone flying up behind me, I MOVE THE FUK OVER.

My biggest pet peeve is people that drive in the left lane, my years ago, I had a 3? decal in my back glass that said...

IF I HAD TO PASS YOU IN THE RIGHT LANE
GET THE HELL OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!

Like I said, I will give them the benefit of the doubt meaning perhaps they didn?t see someone coming up behind them... perhaps they just weren?t paying attention and didn?t realize they were going slow in the left lane... it?s cool, it happens.

BUT once you realize that someone is behind you, the courteous thing is to safely move over, don?t purposely be a jerk.

The moron in the mercedes must have **** his pants when he saw the hummer bearing down on him, he punched it and I chased him down like he was sitting still. I love the duramax...lol.

I live by the rule, give respect, get respect.. don?t and see what happens.

Morons.

Mark

WOOSAH, WOOOSAH! ROFLMAO....Money Mahoney you're gonna blow a gasket man....Chill brah! LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Devilsfan, I honestly think it is because you are in TX. People actually have some pride and respect for our country and the great things that come from it there. Everywhere else is getting too full of liberalists and hybrid drivers; they are quick to forget how our country got to where they are today. Head up to ID, UT, WY, and MT and people all of a sudden respect the ride again, funny how that works.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I INSTALLED TRAIN HORNS.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
Devilsfan, I honestly think it is because you are in TX. People actually have some pride and respect for our country and the great things that come from it there. Everywhere else is getting too full of liberalists and hybrid drivers; they are quick to forget how our country got to where they are today. Head up to ID, UT, WY, and MT and people all of a sudden respect the ride again, funny how that works.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree...

I mentioned we went white water rafting and about a month ago we went to the mountains. I could feel the tension, no doubt. A bunch of tree hugging, back packin?, mountain climbing, bike riding, granola eatin? motherfukkers.

And here I pull in with all the volvos, priuss, and jeep people. (as an owner of 3 Jeeps, why is it acceptable to the green people to drive a 13-15mpg Jeep anyways?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH23H2SUT
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I INSTALLED TRAIN HORNS.

Oh, I have train horns, they died last week, I think the solenoid is dead again. (that?s like the third one in the last year or so... POS)

It wouldn?t have made a difference, when you see nothing but the bottom of bumper in your rearview mirror they know you?re there.

Mark
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
...as well.

OrangeCrush...you need to get a PA system. Ever since I've installed mine driving around DC is so much more enjoyable. If someone pisses me off I let'em know...IMMEDIATELY. It's done wonders for my bouts of road rage...and it freaks people out a bit too. LOL! It's funny so see people's faces when they hear a voice booming around their vehicle saying, "HEY, A55HOLE..."
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
...as well.

OrangeCrush...you need to get a PA system. Ever since I've installed mine driving around DC is so much more enjoyable. If someone pisses me off I let'em know...IMMEDIATELY. It's done wonders for my bouts of road rage...and it freaks people out a bit too. LOL! It's funny so see people's faces when they hear a voice booming around their vehicle saying, "HEY, A55HOLE..."

DUDE, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT!!!!

That is a GREAT idea... MOVE THE **** OVER. hehe

Mark
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
DUDE, I WAS THINKING ABOUT THAT!!!!

That is a GREAT idea... MOVE THE **** OVER. hehe

Mark
I can honestly say that I don't get nearly as angry when encountering idiots on the road since the PA. It's something about 'being heard' and 'letting it out' that is very therapeutic. Even if I don't give them a piece of my mind, just knowing that I CAN is very calming to me.

Carson SA-385 is the way to go...good price, good quality, relatively small form factor.

http://www.carson-mfg.com/sa-385-alert.php
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ghlight=carson
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road

I often wonder if putting a strobe kit in your headlights (they're available for construction trucks) would have any effect to get people to move.
Not sure if it's legal, but damn, something needs to wake these clowns up.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmill28
I often wonder if putting a strobe kit in your headlights (they're available for construction trucks) would have any effect to get people to move.
100 watts of "YO FUKNUTZ!" coming from my grill usually wakes them up...usually.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmill28

Definitely not legal but cool idea.

Mark
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

When my rig was on the streets, traffic parted like the red sea. I couldn't count on both hands how many times someone would start to pull out, see me, bang the tranny in reverse and smoke the tires just to get the **** out'a my way.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road

I read about these things happening to H2s, including the FUH2 site, but I have never had anything negative happen to me while driving, parked in the car, or parked out of the car.

And my license plate reads - REAL8R that's like a double target.... guess I'm lucky... knock on wood

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines