H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

Ok, I've seen a few of the pics of the logos on the back windows and the full treatment from the guy with the surf/skate/board shops.
Anyone have any comments on the value to their business from advertising carried/displayed by their H2?
Any anecdotes about clients/business gained (or lost...) from driving an H2 w/ your business emblazoned on it?
Any suggestions for designing a graphics scheme?
Any regrets? I'm a little hesitant to do anything more than the back windows but some of the graphics that I have in mind would be pretty cool if they were bigger.
Any comments on removing vinyl graphics if I find that it is a mistake?
Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM

Ok, I've seen a few of the pics of the logos on the back windows and the full treatment from the guy with the surf/skate/board shops.
Anyone have any comments on the value to their business from advertising carried/displayed by their H2?
Any anecdotes about clients/business gained (or lost...) from driving an H2 w/ your business emblazoned on it?
Any suggestions for designing a graphics scheme?
Any regrets? I'm a little hesitant to do anything more than the back windows but some of the graphics that I have in mind would be pretty cool if they were bigger.
Any comments on removing vinyl graphics if I find that it is a mistake?
Old 06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

The single largest deal I have ever made was due to my H2 - parked out front of a bar in Miami during the boat show - some guy walked up to me - asked me about the car - asked me about the company logo. I had some equipment in the back - did a demo right there in the street and he ordered a lot of equipment for his places in the US Virgin Islands.

03 Lux, Manik Racks, and yes I bought "The Yellow One"
Old 06-03-2003, 08:02 PM

ROCKN\'FJ is off the scale

Vinyl logos and lettering can be removed with a heat gun, but 9 times out of 10 you can still see where they were because as the paint fades (and all paint fades to some degree), it doesn't fade under the vinyl.

Personally I think that it's smart advertising. A friend of mine owns a body shop and parks his white H2(with purple flames) in front of his place. I hadn't really noticed his shop in years, but I look at that H2 every single time that I drive by. It really does draw the eye.

Since I don't own an H2 and don't plan on purchasing one in the future, I'd call my opinion unbiased at the very least.

Follow meeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey John...

While YOU may not plan to buy an H2 in the future, I'd talk to Leslie about HER plans!!!

Where was your purple-flame buddy this last weekend??
Old 06-03-2003, 09:46 PM

Spidey is off the scale

I have had phenomenal response through mine. Unexpected places or simple chores such as picking kids up from school, grocery shopping, leaving restaraunts or parks where I have never, nor would ever have attempted to advertise before has absolutely amazed me with the amount of potential customers who have approached me saying that they never knew I was in real estate and have either taken my card or phone #. There is no question the bar has been raised for me within the local Market place in a very short time period. ( since Good Friday) It is completely due to the presence of the hummer.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2003, 09:50 PM

Spidey is off the scale

Wider view shot. I have had such a great response I've ordered the rear window as well. The only negative is that you have to watch how you conduct myself on the road because of the fact you are a walking billboard. No more nose pickin, speeding or road rage.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Here is mine - done by a friend of mine in Naples - works wonders with vinyl - on the glass is probably the best bet - no damage to paintwork. Loads of resonse to it over the last few months.

Attached Images

Old 06-04-2003, 02:07 AM

Thanks guys, great stuff - exactly what I was looking for! More, more!

Andy C: care to put a dollar figure on the value of the deal you mentioned? General terms, I mean, I don't care what you make or anything, just trying to get as much info as possible to make a business case for buying an H2.

Spidey: yeh, I've thought of the downside - there have been a few times when I have almost called a company to tell them what a jerk their driver was being on the road! I'm fairly aggressive on the road but never obnoxiously so - at least I'd like to think I'm not... I'm kind of thinking that an H2 will tone down my driving anyway... and, no, I don't cut in and out or anything - but I do like to maintain a fairly rapid rate of forward progress!

Rockn'FJ: yes, I know about the paint fade problem... I want to keep it to just the windows but wouldn't be able to use the graphics that I have in mind if I go that route.

Andy C: I notice that you don't have a phone number on there? Aren't you afraid that you might be losing the potential customer who does not have e-mail access? I know it seems ubiquitous but there are still a pretty surprising number of people out there without it. What made you go with just the e-mail address?

Anyone else with any stories?
Old 06-04-2003, 02:44 AM

PS: I'm also interested in hearing of any negative reactions - anyone think that you are making too much money? Charging them too much for your services?
I'm a little sensitive on this score as I worked with someone years ago who wore a wore a watch that cost more than many people's cars, about 3K in other jewelry, and drove a very expensive car. I know that people are impressed by success - but they also don't like having their nose rubbed in how much you are making. This guy lost a client who was deeply offended by the display of wealth and I know that because the guy told him to his face - and I wonder if there may have been others who never said anything but never called again.
Anyway, just spitballing, trying to make a business case for advertising on this bad boy...
Old 06-04-2003, 06:15 AM

Spidey is off the scale

Quote "PS: I'm also interested in hearing of any negative reactions - anyone think that you are making too much money? Charging them too much for your services?"

There has been that type reaction the odd time where walls do seem to go up. I simply tell them that "hey I don't charge any more then then the other guy" and usually win them back when they see my enthusiasm and passion about my H2 and not a conceited arrogant nature towards in. I give their kids a ride in it etc. I have found the complete opposite to your last post. An awesome conversation piece.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

It was a 50k equipment deal.

I only put an email address on there - I deal with commercial grade wireless equipment and thought that anyone needing me had to have email.
I did once get a call - they linked to my website - from a girl that wanted to hire me for a day to drive her Granfather around - he had always wanted to drive in a Hummer - unfortunately I was too busy and couldn't do it.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy C:
It was a 50k equipment deal.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome! Very nice.
Just curious - how would someone know what type of security you offer? What I mean is seeing the name of your company on the H2 I would assume you are just another Viper dealer/installer and move on. What prompts people to contact you? Not at all trying to bust your chops or anything - just wondering and gathering info to help in marketing my business.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:03 PM

Spidey is off the scale

Quote "I did once get a call - they linked to my website - from a girl that wanted to hire me for a day to drive her Granfather around - he had always wanted to drive in a Hummer - unfortunately I was too busy and couldn't do it."

I had a simular thing happen to me. I recieved a call a few nights ago from "friends of friends of ours" Their boy's grad is coming up on Friday Apparently he's absolutely crazy over the H2's (that's hard to believe!!)
So they wanted to make his grad special and surprise him by renting one for him but none are availible. They asked me if it was possible to rent me for the night to chauffeur him and his date to their Grad dinner. I know of the family -- not much money -- but good people and a great kid. I told them I would be honored to , if thats all it would take to make it special
Let's do it, no problem and no charge ! Let's make his day
I'm not staying the whole evening just picking him + date up and dropping off at festivities !!! Maybe just around the corner from destination
I'll let him drive it to the front doors ...... we'll see.......
Maybe I'll take Steve's route to the rooftop and down the stairs !!
Anyone had something simular happen to them ??
Old 06-04-2003, 03:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

Spidey,

You are helping to restore my faith in humanity.

That's a great thing to do!

Ed
Old 06-05-2003, 12:41 AM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

I've got the magnets on my doors, and here in the midwest, the reaction is unbelievably positive. People read the sign out loud -the weirdest thing I ever heard. I've only had one person who was shocked that a natural food store owner would get a gas hog...

In fact, it convinced my nephew to get one to advertise his pub in Ohio -huge response. Best advertising vehicle money can buy, plus a $30K write off.

Oh, and I've had on-the-spot marriage proposal too, but that had nothing to do with the signs.

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. pkg.
Alaska to ??? June '03
www.sunspotnatural.com
Old 06-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Soon after I got the Hummer, one of my many sisters-in-law wanted to borrow the Hummer to drive around her office parking lot and take her staff to lunch, I said "Sure, anytime." "No, you don't mean that?" "Why not? help yourself. Just leave your SL here." I never mind other people driving my vehicles. She never did drive the Hummer, I think Hummer is a bit scary for a lot of people to drive.

At a reunion in Sacramento a few weeks ago, one of the wives borrowed my Hummer for a drive and took off with my wife. Boy, is that woman a super aggressive driver! took off in the Hummer like a rocket. Had me worried for 5-10 minutes standing at the hotel lobby.

Spidey, give the kid a 5 minute test drive before he gets to drive in front of his friends or any crowd. Dangerous things can happen when an excited kid drives a huge truck in front of his equally excited date and friends. None of us drive too well when showing off, wave and laugh at the same time.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:14 AM

Lil Devil is off the scale

So far mine has attracted a lot of attention. It was worth the cost of the decal in my opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------
2002 Vette; Vortex Intake, Vortech S/C, Stage II heads, comp cam (220/220/114/.581), 3.90 gears, 14 inch cross drilled rotors, 170 stat, NGK TR6, B&M Ripper Shifter, Autometer Boost & Fuel pressure gauges on a-pillar, Hotchkis Sway Bars, HRE 543 wheels (F:265/35 R:295/35), Z06 titanium exhaust, RK LT headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Programming by Morgan Motorsports, 5% tint, AA Frame & Rocker Savers, TB Bypass, Lowered 2", Custom Audio;570 RWHP Dyno Here

2003 H2; 37 inch tires, Manik Off-Road pkg., Airaid Intake, Custom Audio
Old 06-05-2003, 01:14 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonkaH2:
I've got the magnets on my doors, and here in the midwest, the reaction is unbelievably positive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that, I'm considering the magnetic signs but really like the look of the vinyl better... all though it would be easy to get carried away... not that this one is really over the top - I've seen some of these vehicle wraps that were just outrageous!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
In fact, it convinced my nephew to get one to advertise his pub in Ohio -huge response. Best advertising vehicle money can buy, plus a $30K write off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, actually, the write-off now is whatever you pay for the vehicle - up to $100K.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:03 AM

ROCKN\'FJ is off the scale

Steve R <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Where was your purple-flame buddy this last weekend??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His H2 will only see dirt if I'm driving by and one of my Swampers throws a chunk of terra-not-so-firma from the tread! (Hopefully on his hood.)

Follow meeeeeeeeeeee!