H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

I finally found the time to take some nice pics of my rig. All shots were taken with a SONY K750i mobile phone (great camera - quality was even better before I had to scale it down to fit max. upload size to this album). Post processing was done using Photoshop CS.

My H3: Black/Black, Lux. pkg. (first version incl. homelink, lit makeup mirrors etc.) chrome appearance pkg. (first version incl. roof crossbows in chrome), chrome wheels, sunroof, XM, black GM OEM brush guard, black GM OEM side steps, trailer hitch receiver cover, lockable fuel cap etc.

Mods: Bumpers and mirror caps painted in body color, rims painted in body color with "fake CTIS"-clip left in chrome, nicely integrated backup sensors
Old 10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

I finally found the time to take some nice pics of my rig. All shots were taken with a SONY K750i mobile phone (great camera - quality was even better before I had to scale it down to fit max. upload size to this album). Post processing was done using Photoshop CS.

My H3: Black/Black, Lux. pkg. (first version incl. homelink, lit makeup mirrors etc.) chrome appearance pkg. (first version incl. roof crossbows in chrome), chrome wheels, sunroof, XM, black GM OEM brush guard, black GM OEM side steps, trailer hitch receiver cover, lockable fuel cap etc.

Mods: Bumpers and mirror caps painted in body color, rims painted in body color with "fake CTIS"-clip left in chrome, nicely integrated backup sensors
Old 10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
I finally found the time to take some nice pics of my rig. All shots were taken with a K750i mobile phone (great camera - quality was even better before I had to scale it down to fit max. upload size to this album). Post processing was done using Photoshop CS.

Mods: Bumpers and mirror caps painted in body color, rims painted in body color with "fake CTIS"-clip left in chrome, nicely integrated backup sensors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That looks sweet! Are you going to do the grill too?

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 10-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
That looks sweet! Are you going to do the grill too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nah... I thought about that for quite some time, but the chrome grille is very "hummerish" to me... So I guess I'll stick to it. A black grille would take away a lot of that "in-your-face" design IMHO.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Looks great!!! I would do the grill too. Or go with black chrome!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
That looks sweet! Are you going to do the grill too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nah... I thought about that for quite some time, but the chrome grille is very "hummerish" to me... So I guess I'll stick to it. A black grille would take away a lot of that "in-your-face" design IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah either way....I think it looks badass! came out real nice

Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Nice truck, Sharkster.

Have you posted info about the backup sensors before? If so, I must have missed it.

How many sensors did you put in the bumper? Do you have audible and visual indication inside?

This is one of the add-ons I'm thinking of doing, but I'm not much of a ground-breaking guy, so any advice would be great.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HumbleAg:
How many sensors did you put in the bumper? Do you have audible and visual indication inside? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's audio only. I installed 2 sensors, since I didn't find a suitable spot for more sensors. Two sensors are sufficient though if you go straight backwards. The corners aren't really well covered, but the "invisible" areas behind the truck are taken care of by these sensors.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Shark, what paint did you use? The bumper has the black chrome look. Do you have any close ups of the rims?

Old 10-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

Shark, what paint did you use? The bumper has the black chrome look. Do you have any close ups of the rims? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In reality the paint on the bumpers looks just the same as the one on the rest of the car's body.

Can't tell you any details about the paint though, because I didn't do it myself, but had a local bodyshop do it. I am pretty happy with the job they have done... Paint is pretty much factory quality... (which doesn't mean a lot though).
Old 10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HumbleAg:
How many sensors did you put in the bumper? Do you have audible and visual indication inside? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's audio only. I installed 2 sensors, since I didn't find a suitable spot for more sensors. Two sensors are sufficient though if you go straight backwards. The corners aren't really well covered, but the "invisible" areas behind the truck are taken care of by these sensors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a photo of where you located these sensors? Also, do you have any interference with the rear spare tire?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
How many sensors did you put in the bumper? Do you have audible and visual indication inside? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's audio only. I installed 2 sensors, since I didn't find a suitable spot for more sensors. Two sensors are sufficient though if you go straight backwards. The corners aren't really well covered, but the "invisible" areas behind the truck are taken care of by these sensors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a photo of where you located these sensors? Also, do you have any interference with the rear spare tire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You can see the sensor very good on picture 7. The other sensor is located at the exact same position on the left side. You can also spot them on picture 3.

I do not get any misreadings from the spare tire, but it took my garage a lot of time to "adjust" them.

They work pretty good. If you want to, then I can take more photos of the sensors and send them to you and/or give you the brand and product IDs of the sensors.