H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-10-2003, 04:17 AM

Solstice is off the scale

I'd would absolutely LOVE to have one, and I knew I wanted one when they first came out. But lately I've heard so many stories about people around here having their vehicles damaged and vandalized because of sheer stupidity and lack of respect from others, it makes me really nervous to dump such a large amount of money into something that seems just like waving a green flag to bring on the lamers. I've driven cars that catch a lot of attention for quite some time, but now I'm beginning people put the H2 on a whole new level and I'm not sure the unwanted attention it is appearantly bound to bring is quite worth it.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:17 AM

Solstice is off the scale

I'd would absolutely LOVE to have one, and I knew I wanted one when they first came out. But lately I've heard so many stories about people around here having their vehicles damaged and vandalized because of sheer stupidity and lack of respect from others, it makes me really nervous to dump such a large amount of money into something that seems just like waving a green flag to bring on the lamers. I've driven cars that catch a lot of attention for quite some time, but now I'm beginning people put the H2 on a whole new level and I'm not sure the unwanted attention it is appearantly bound to bring is quite worth it.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:45 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Catching all the attention is part of the Hummer experience, or WAS. After 1+ year, I frankly don’t think many people look at my Hummer anymore, and it does not matter. In 19,000 miles, I never had any problem, not even a dirty look, and I am in the most crazy Liberal part of the US. Maybe I have been lucky, or maybe I have that “Don’t mess with me” look, people generally don’t mess with me if they have a glance at me. I park on the street and walk away, I don’t check on it and I don’t even think about it; that is in San Francisco.

By the time every Hummer owner bought a Hummer, everyone knew exactly what they are getting in terms of attention, and I think that is a core part of the Hummer character, whether they will admit it or not, and naturally most will never admit it. Even without the Hummer, we are the type of people everyone look at when we walk into a party, restaurant or a banquet hall, by design.

If you can’t handle that, Hummer is not for you. Sure, you had fancy cars, but my friend, Hummer is a total different story, hold on to your pants.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Alec on the fly! This Gang Wars stuff has turned you into a monster!

RRRRRROOOOOWWWWWLLL!

" It's A Small World After All "

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-10-2003, 05:04 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Please don't buy an H2!!! You're so not worthy to own one.
Might I suggest a VW Beetle Cabrio. It's a nice car for chicks. I am assuming you're a chick, right. I mean you don't sound like you've got any testicles.

The Real Bully
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I am not trying to convince you Solstice, these guys are probably right you shouldn't get one if this risk is enough to sway you. But it's sort of like you read about someone getting mugged in your local paper and you decide not to go outside anymore. Isolated incidents that affect relatively few people.

I park where ever I find a spot anywhere in or out of the city, no problems. Yesterday I parked in Hell's Kitchen in NYC, no problems. Often I see finger prints on the glass from admirers. Like MAC, only expressions I get from people are those of joy. One of the reasons I got black it that's less obvious than the other colors, so if you do find that you must be an H2 owner, get black or better yet pewter. And if you do get a scratch or worse, well then there's insurance.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:20 PM

Paul L is off the scale

THANKS DENNIS,
It's going to take a week to get that song out of my head.

http://www.carpentryasanart.com
Old 11-10-2003, 03:49 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

GOOD, don't want ya, don't need ya, now quit yer snivlin and hit the road, the YUGO CHAT ROOM IS THAT WAY------->!!!!!!!!! LATER
Old 11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like the problems with H2 vandalism are on the liberal coasts. So it really depends where you live. Had mine almost a year and no problems in Colorado.

I've had a few Kalifornia salutes, but the waves and grins have far outweighed the negative attention.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Stoly,

You do what you feel is best...but not buying an H2 on account of a few vandalism stories is hardly a worthwhile reason.

I've spoken with lots of people who have owned Vette's, Mercedes, Jag's and other nice vehicles....it would seem the low-lives of the world are equal-oppotunity vandals.

I'm sorry you won't be sharing in the fun. Perhaps you've not accounted for all the "I regretted buying an H2 stories" as well??????

- The Original Bully
Old 11-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's too bad that you've talked yourself out of the Wonderful H2.
If I was afarid of getting a vehicle because of possible vandalism, I would be riding a bike to work every day.
Just suck it up, go to your local dealer, and just tell 'em what color you want.
Talking from experience, I've had my H2 raped several times, but what the hell.
If they want what I've got, they better be ready for a fight next time.
Locked and loaded!
You can do it!!
Old 11-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

SHHHHH!! Be quiet Rick, we had the puss talked out of it!!
He needs to go look at the very radical and wild Honda Prelude. It's got mad stylin' and gets dope MPG!!! Think of all the biznatches you'll have on your jock when you're behind the wheel of a fresh Prelude!!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:56 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

dirty,
you da' man, you dirty Be-otch! I've even heard that there is a Honda Pilot incentive going on now..... HURRY IN RIGHT NOW for your flying freak-mobile.....but hey, the 'huggers will adore you!

gasman
Old 11-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Solstice, don't listen to these evil lost souls. If you buy a Honda or Toyota, it will be in Mexico in less than a week. Nobody will scratch a Honda or Toyota, nobody is that stupid to scratch a car you are about to steal and send across the border. Hummer on the other hand wastes so much gas, no one down there is stupid enough to buy a stolen Hummer.

I am indeed sorry these people are so mean to you, it is uncalled for. I, on the other hand, is always nicest and true.

Have you ever thought about Oldsmobile? No one hate an Oldsmobile, how can you? no one steal an Oldsmobile, why would you? Even Immigration border agent won't check the trunk of an Oldsmobile. Buy an Oldsmobile, its you.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Quote from Mac "I, on the other hand, is always nicest and true. . . No one hate an Oldsmobile"

You sound like Yoda. I think he was part Japanese too. Keep working on your english.

Jim
Red H2
Old 11-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

and yo wok on yur mexican. Hey, watch out, I heard INS is raiding all the Wal-Marts, next stop St. Louis. better drop your mop and head for the door.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:32 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

DAM! Mac is on a roll.

Sol- by an Element and put H2 stickers on it and put a vanity plate on it that says something clever like "BABYHMR" or something like that.

That will save you 40K and no one will vandalize an Element, no one cares about that POS.

There, problem solved..............

Plus the Honda web sites are full of folks like yourself ready to talk about surfing or doing something trendy in your Element....

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 11-12-2003, 04:37 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Wow....would you look at that? 3 posts: me, Heehaw and MAC side-by-side.....that takes me back about one year ago when the H2 was a glimmer of hope in the eyes of most these folks...and they were all too smart to jump-in yet...letting us fools go first!

MAC, you've got some kind of axe to grind against Asians??? I'm gonna have to ask you to stand down and back-off altogether...such insensitive and racial comments present an afront to my delicate nature!

Senior' Haw.....please tell me my efforts to find a pretty & scenic trail (free of any serious obstacles and all potential damage) weren't in vain? Will I be seeing Bonnie's pretty face come the 15th?

....didn't think so
Old 11-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Well Steve, I've been bantering with Mac since day one on this Forum (he got here only one day before me). But I must say, he seems to be getting a little sensitive in his old age. Such over-reaction is symptomatic of other deep seeded problems. Let's just hope he gets back on his meds.

Adios amigo! Yo quiero una mas cervesa.

Jim
Red H2