H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Macaque is off the scale

I really like all your answers to the questions I read in this forum. The one thing I keep asking myself is "how do you know so much?"
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 PM

Macaque is off the scale

I really like all your answers to the questions I read in this forum. The one thing I keep asking myself is "how do you know so much?"
Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, but there are just as many people who know more than I do on this site.
I do have an advantage that I have access to all GM engineering documents, service procedures, and where I'm currently working we have a couple H3s in the back. One is completely stripped to the space frame for end of live engineering.
I have worked for GM for 14 years, and most of those years have been in service engineering with half being in Spring Hill TN running the vehicle engineering development center onsite at Spring Hill Assembly (used to be known as Saturn Corp.)
The time in TN I was the "bumper to bumper" service engineer, meaning that everything that was between the front and rear bumpers, I had to know.
That has changed and I'm more specialized now; not sure if that is good or bad.
I also have a habit of studying about everything I purchase. Before purchasing the H3, I studied in detail what made this vehicle go, how well it was made, etc.
From my research, that includes talking with many people at GM, I found this to possibly be the best first year vehicle GM has made to date.
Yes, they used the Canyon/Colorado platform, but the improvements to the drivetrain, the frame, the suspension, etc., made it a heck of a lot more than a Canyon or Colorado. (I'm not knocking these little pickup trucks, since they are also good vehicles, they are just not Hummers).
I learn as much from this forum as I give out. Heck, this morning I'm laying under a H3 looking at the Hitch, and never thought to look at the bumper, which someone correctly stated was different between a vehicle with or without a factory installed hitch. So, I learn everyday myself.
Now, I have to finish packing, and get ready for the my first road trip in the H3. I'm scooting back to TN (where I really should be), and partying.
Talk to you guys and gals in a week.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macaque:
I really like all your answers to the questions I read in this forum." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already told him he was MY HERO!!

A cornucopia of knowledge and humble too....gotta love it!
Old 09-03-2005, 02:24 AM

OtherCarAMini is off the scale

Well I say we make this the official thread of f5fstop celebration. His posts were very helpfull in giving me a lot of the information I needed to make a decision to buy my H3. Then he was personally very helpfull during the purchasing process. And now I continue to look forward to his posts.

Thanks for all your help
Old 09-03-2005, 02:50 AM

Kid Shyleen is off the scale

I second that. He has been very helpful and eager to share his information, and for someone like me in the process of buying, this info has been invaluable.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

f5fstop is THE MAN.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:22 AM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Yes, I have learned a lot as well but I always got f5fstop confused with H3Lady.............
just kidding, thanks again f5fstop
Old 09-04-2005, 03:07 AM

H3OH is off the scale

f5fstop is the man!

While I'm sure he could provide us this wonderful knowledge and then complain about it, he doesn't.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more of your insightful posts!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Every Saturday I don my Burger King crown and my Hugh Hefner smoking jacket and offer burnt sacrifices to my Lord King Boofoo, The real Ayatolla of Rock n Rolla. The infinate f5fstop!!
My only problem is that I am running out of poodles to sacrifice. Just Kidding poodle and animal lovers! Actually their stuff animals I won at the Carnival. My nieghbors are starting to get spooked, I think. All kidding aside f5fstop is a true guru and I am happy to know that if he bought a H3 after doing more reasearch than I could ever do. Then I know I got a great SUV!!!!
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.