H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: V8 a reality.

I am pretty sure that the I-5 will stay in the lineup, because if they drop the 5.3 in the Colorado/Canyon as well, I would think the I-4 would go bye-byes in those trucks. So I doubt you're going to see a "huge" hit in depreciation. I think it will be more than normally expected.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I am pretty sure that the I-5 will stay in the lineup, because if they drop the 5.3 in the Colorado/Canyon as well, I would think the I-4 would go bye-byes in those trucks. So I doubt you're going to see a "huge" hit in depreciation. I think it will be more than normally expected.

I hope you are right, the V8 alone shouldn't cause depreciation to jump too much. But by the end of the year I expect a 2006 to have depreciated about 35%. So to trade up to anything, the loss will be about $10K-$15K regardless.

btw - BH2- how's the new gig in car sales going so far?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Demo is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeep has been selling the Grand Cherokee with a 6 cyl. and the V8 as an option for as long as I can remember. I am absolutely positive GM will keep the I-5. I agree it is a adequate for most, but not for me. I am very excited about a the V8, but like Humbebe I am also looking into other options (supercharger). I travel alot with alot of gear and I really like to have one vehicle that is my very own Swiss Army Knife.

I had to change out my exhaust to fit my air tank. So I had the guys at Midas put a Flowmaster and dual exhaust. With the 35's it makes alot of noise but doesn't really go anywhere. LOL My wife and I decided to get a personalized License plate, ISNDFST (i sound fast).
Old 03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Steve - SanJose

I just had a ride in a Porsche Turbo with an aftermarket exhaust system at lunch. Lots of cool noise and plenty of power to match! I think I need one. Never mind.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road

Im staying witht he I-5. I dont know why American companies aren't looking into introducing Diesel engines in the smaller vehicles like VW and other foreign companies are doing. ie:V12 TDI Tourag, Jetta and Passat TDI on market already. I would love a I4 Diesel or small 6 diesel in these things, but I doubt that will happen. I guess americans are all about the muscle and displacement not high torque at excellent gas mileage. What do you guys think?

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

V8 is great! However the future is not traditional solutions. The I5 is a great engine. GM needs to refine it and hone it. For its original intent the H3 is well suited to the I5. The pundits have had thier way. For most needs the I5 is perfectly suited to the H3, Coly, & Canyon platforms.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
I just had a ride in a Porsche Turbo with an aftermarket exhaust system at lunch. Lots of cool noise and plenty of power to match! I think I need one. Never mind.

Don't do it "S".... If you are getting the bug... Move back into some good old Big Block Push Rod Amerian Muscle like 454...502..572.

Drop that into your favorite 60's 70's American Muscle Car Body (GM) and you can rock..!! You can even add Custom Suspensions for the track and or high performance handling for the street.

Build yourself a nice Retro Rod ..It'll give you a biger return down the raod then a Porsche.

And..if you don't want to deal with a restro rod... Go for a Nice ZO6 505 HP Corvette. It'll beat the pants off any Street Porsche.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Steve - SanJose

Smile Re: V8 a reality.

VVN - That turbo was something. I've recovered my senses, my Boxster S is fine for as often as I use it.

Not a big fan of Vettes, too much rattling and the smell of fiberglass/plastic on hot days. I'm sure the newer versions are better.

The Hummer gets used daily, a great UAV.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road

?diesel?...good talk, good talk.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
VVN - That turbo was something. I've recovered my senses, my Boxster S is fine for as often as I use it.

Not a big fan of Vettes, too much rattling and the smell of fiberglass/plastic on hot days. I'm sure the newer versions are better.

Boxter? Bastage! i have been looking at those and the Cayman S since it came out. Gotta pick?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Those were the old days of Rock & Roll for Corvette. And that smell of fiber glass has been replaced with the smell of leather.It has become a true world class sports car out preforming the German and Italian and other European Marks at 1/2 the price.

Of Course the interior of a Corvette cannot compare to the Leather of a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or some other marks above it's price but it does out preform them.

In fact it has won in it's class for the last 3 or 4 yers now in the world famous 24 Hours of Le Mans and quite a few other large events. The Honors go on and on.

I wish you were close by as my good friend owns a 2006 ZO6. I'd love to bring it by and and let you Flog it. I know your shorts would be soiled..
Old 03-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
This is not hearsay, I saw it with my own eyes. I took old yeller down to the dealer for the rear end again and the sales manager showed me the papers sent to them by Hummer. No pricing yet but come September, there we will own one of the first V8s. He says more details will be coming soon. Dayum I'm glad I didn't jump on the 3.7!

Saw what, a piece of paper the dealer had in his hands, or did you actually see the engine in a H3?

What kills me is many on this thread were naysayers a few weeks ago, now, because someone sees a piece of paper it is all real.

No need to answer, I already know that, as well as axles, t/case, ratios, will it be DOD or not, transmission, etc. I'll let all you state your own theories.
As for will I ever purchase a V8? Not really sure, but I can say this, unless Hummer comes out with some new colors next year, I will be jumping to the Jeep forum.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Alaska is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
but I can say this, unless Hummer comes out with some new colors next year, I will be jumping to the Jeep forum.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

I thought you were already expecting new colors?
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...3&postcount=32

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 03-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

[quote=Huck BB62]This is not hearsay, I saw it with my own eyes. I took old yeller down to the dealer for the rear end again and the sales manager showed me the papers sent to them by Hummer. No pricing yet but come September, there we will own one of the first V8s.quote]

I saw the same thing at my dealer! maybe..

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 03-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Diabolus is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No need to answer, I already know that, as well as axles, t/case, ratios, will it be DOD or not, transmission, etc. I'll let all you state your own theories.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I LIKE THE 3.7, not fair F5 eveyone knows your a blue blood and know all just can't tell all.
Jeep
Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Don't do it "S".... If you are getting the bug... Move back into some good old Big Block Push Rod Amerian Muscle like 454...502..572.

Drop that into your favorite 60's 70's American Muscle Car Body (GM) and you can rock..!! You can even add Custom Suspensions for the track and or high performance handling for the street.

Build yourself a nice Retro Rod ..It'll give you a biger return down the raod then a Porsche.

And..if you don't want to deal with a restro rod... Go for a Nice ZO6 505 HP Corvette. It'll beat the pants off any Street Porsche.

Your 100% wrong that ZO6 couldnt keep up for the life of it. My dad just got the new 2007 Turbo last month, its the second quickest car off the line. The manual transmission pulls 0-60 in 3.4 and the automatic (yes porsches automatic is faster than manual) is 3.1 seconds or with the optional 2.9 overboost chrono package, you can do it in 2.9- 3.0 seconds. We have the automatic, but they say break it in to 2000 miles before you can push it so we havent gotten to floor it yet. Also they did testings Z06 vs. Porsche Turbo, the turbo beat it in every aspect.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Hummer Guy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
This is not hearsay, I saw it with my own eyes. I took old yeller down to the dealer for the rear end again and the sales manager showed me the papers sent to them by Hummer. No pricing yet but come September, there we will own one of the first V8s.quote]

I saw the same thing at my dealer! maybe..

Papers? Just screwing with you, but papers mean nothing. It fifteen minutes on Word, I can make anything look official.

If I get another Hummer H3, I doubt it will be the V8 and that is ALL I will say on this subject till next month.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If I get another Hummer H3, I doubt it will be the V8 and that is ALL I will say on this subject till next month.

.....V8, next month.....

So perhaps V8=H3T=NY-Auto-Show=Fstop no likey the H3T.

Or maybe he sees no logical reason to "upgrade" to the V8.