H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Hummer Novice

joe70 is on a distinguished road
Default nitto dune grappler dt

want to replace my stock tires was looking at the nitto dune grappler dt how are these 315 70 17 or should i go with the toyo mt 35 12.5 17 please help
Old 01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nitto dune grappler dt

ive seen em- they look ok, only one to find out thou
Old 01-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed them in a mag several months ago. I think they would look awesome on an h2! Someone needs to be pro-active and take one for the team!

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

Doesn't the Dune Grappler have the flame tread pattern? I saw those but didn't think they would be effective off road. I wondered about wear but couldn't find any data on expected tread life.

Last Monday I had a set of Toyo M/T's 35, 12.5, 17 put on my stock rims (stock ride height too) and I LOVE them. Excellent look and nice and quite.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Hummer Novice

www.tires.com sells the nitto dune grappler they say real quiet on the street excellant in the sand snow an mud but they are trying to sell me a tire an they don' sell toyo an not many customer reviews 212.00 a tire not too bad maybe i should take one for the team
Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I wanted them and Dragon found out they do not come in larger sizes and do not match weight load. So look at them closely to be sure. I was wanting 325/60-20. Check on the smaller size and be sure of load rating.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

trashguy is off the scale

i was looking at them also ,i need 325 65 18 they dont make them yet otherwise i would have tried them.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

how would u ever get an "estimated wear time" from any tire manufaturer, never seen that before, but what do i know
Old 01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the info from their site: The two parts that would keep me from buying this tire are the tread depth and the load rating for the size you need. If you are buying these tires for off road use, it may be better to go with the mud grappler if you want to stick with Nitto.

Many run the Toyo's and love them. Since we have snow here, i went with a Procompe Extreme AT tire and love them.

The Dune Grappler satisfies the enthusiast who wants an aggressive tread for off road capabilities, while providing a more comfortable and quieter ride on the road. By utilizing advanced computer simulation technology, the Dune Grappler's tread block arrangement reduces high levels of noise commonly associated with aggressive tires, while still providing a traction-oriented tread for off road use.

The Dune Grappler Desert Terrain tire is offered in higher load range ratings of ?D? and ?E' in certain sizes. These higher load ratings make the Nitto Dune Grappler Desert Terrain capable for use with heavyweight trucks, such as Ford Super Duty and GM Heavy Duty, as well as other large and mid-sized trucks on the road today. "LT" sizes will be available with a 3-ply sidewall construction for increased puncture resistance.

M&S-rated for all season performance Three-ply polyester high turn-up construction increases sidewall strength and durability*Intermediate void-ratio for optimal performance in loose gravel and sandy terrainsInnovative design allows for tread and shoulder integration, ensuring a flatter, wider contact patch optimal for on and off-road performanceSide lugs provide puncture resistance and off-road tractionFlare ?taper and bridge? design reduces flex for longer tread life along with better traction and steering on and off-roadSound absorbing blocks and a balanced void ratio provides offroad traction while reducing road noise?Bead Block? technology gives added protection to your valuable wheels

All technical information subject to change without notice.
9.03750@80637LT315/70R17 D 121T202-81014.034.4112.768.5-(9.5)-

* - Indicates Extra Load (XL)

It doesn't show that it has the XL rating.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT
how would u ever get an "estimated wear time" from any tire manufaturer, never seen that before, but what do i know

I didn't say "estimated wear time" I said "expected tread life". It's part of the marketing for just about every tire manufacturer, but what do I know?

Here is the government site for tire ratings that has all the BS marketing fluff removed:
http://www.safercar.gov/tires/pages/tireratings.cfm

Unfortunately when you're dealing with suitable tires for the H2 they're above the requirements for this grading system. You're pretty much on your own at that point.

I learned a lot reading tire performance postings on this site and others, that's about the best resource we've got.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Hummer Novice

i was thinking about the mud grappler but i thought they might be to loud for every day driving
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

EuroHummer is on a distinguished road

37x12.50x29 Dune Grapplers on Jesse James Black Widow 20x9Name:  Hummer on HWY 1.jpg
Views: 3974
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  black widwos.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  188.1 KB

2003 H2, 408 CI, K1 Forged 4" stroke crank, K1 6.125" forged rods, Wiseco X-Series 0.30 forged pistons, Schneider cam, FAST 102mm LSXRT, precision flow injectors, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, SA Gear DR timing set, ARP main studs, 90mm ETC TB, Airaid MIT, MSD Coils/wires, Dynatech Headers/high flow cats, Magnaflow, Jessie James Black Widows 20x9, Nitto Dune Grapplers 37", Fabtech 6" lift, CK Performance XHD 4l70e and 4.56 Gears
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

rpm07 is on a distinguished road

I just replaced mine this past weekend. They only lasted 26000 miles and they were done. I loved the look but to soft of a tire. I just replace them with 35 12.5 17 kumos