H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

410225 is on a distinguished road
Default heated seats switch

My heated seat switch is acting up and wanted to know if anyone had similar issue. When i turn on the heated switch, it does not want to turn on. Have to try few times and it comes on, but turns off about 5 seconds later. Both driver and passenger side are affected. I have 2004 H2. Is this switch I need the replace or is there anywhere I should look?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: heated seats switch

I don 't have any idea of where to tell you to look, other than the switch. If both sides are doing it, it can't be the switch, since they're different circuits

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410225
My heated seat switch is acting up and wanted to know if anyone had similar issue. When i turn on the heated switch, it does not want to turn on. Have to try few times and it comes on, but turns off about 5 seconds later. Both driver and passenger side are affected. I have 2004 H2. Is this switch I need the replace or is there anywhere I should look?
Thanks in advance.

Yes this happened with my 03 h2. It was terrible. Hummer dealer replaced the seat module, and it still did the problem my cost like $500 or $800 or something as it was out of warranty. We then took the actual whole heating assembly out of an escalade (same unit) put it in the 03 h2 and it did the same thing, which was it would work for 10 secs or 20 secs then reset / turn off. Sometimes the driver seat would work for several minutes then turn off. It was worse when the drivers seat was on then turning the passenger seat on would shut both of them off immediatly. We never found a fix for it nor did hummer dealer. They said to replace the whole seat which was like $1500, I dont know then if it woulda fixed the problem anyways because it effected the passenger seat as well. It was one of the main factors for selling my 03 h2 and getting the 08 as its cold here in ohio for half the year and the h2 is mainly my winter vehicle. My best advise to you is if you cant get it fixed yourself and your not in warranty try heatedseats.com I bought a set of the carbon fiber hottest heated seats unit for like $100 and put them in my porsche and theyre great, very hot. Much cheaper than spending thousands at the hummer dealer.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a short or relay problem.....seems the circuit is getting overloaded and shutting off. I would look at a wiring diagram and see if there is some kind of relay inline or breaker. I would also look for any exposed wires on the heated seat circuit.

Good Luck

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Subject:Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module) #05-08-50-008 - (08/19/2005)

Models:2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali
All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1697109&psdid=732&evc=sm#ss1-1697109">Condition

Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermittent and DTC B3941 may be set.
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1697109&psdid=732&evc=sm#ss2-1697109">Correction

Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2? is updated with the latest software version.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Subject:Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module) #05-08-50-008 - (08/19/2005)

Models:2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali
All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1697109&psdid=732&evc=sm#ss1-1697109">Condition

Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermittent and DTC B3941 may be set.
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1697109&psdid=732&evc=sm#ss2-1697109">Correction

Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2? is updated with the latest software version.

Well the hummer dealer completely replaced my driver seat module and it was still exactly the same. Also turning the car off then back on never helped as it progressivly got worse and did it every time the car ran.
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

my car collection
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

So you could turn your heated seats on then after 30 seconds or less they would shut off? Any codes? The drivers seat recliner position sensor shares the same 5v ref circuit and if there is a fault in that circuit it will cause both heated seats to act this way. Or could be the thermistor in either seat located in the seatback element.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:14 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMTECH
So you could turn your heated seats on then after 30 seconds or less they would shut off? Any codes? The drivers seat recliner position sensor shares the same 5v ref circuit and if there is a fault in that circuit it will cause both heated seats to act this way. Or could be the thermistor in either seat located in the seatback element.

THis was in my 03 h2 and I sold it for the 08 so I cant update for you. Although most of the time the heated seats would work for 1 or 2 minutes then shut off. Sometimes they would work for 5 secs, then shut off, I would turn it back on, then it would shut off again, continuously. It was much was when both the driver and passenger heated seats were on. Often times I had to say to my girlfriend "ok you can have your seat on, I'll turn mine off" . Hummer never did find the problem, theyre solution was for me to buy a whole new drivers seat which was like $1500 or $2000. I never had it fixed before selling it. Although I have bought heated seats for my viper and porsche from heaterseats.com for like $100 each and if somebody has a problem I would suggest buying something like this and not spending $1500.
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

my car collection