Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default New sub-forum suggestion

I sent this to Jason (Admin) a month or so ago, but he doesn't seem to pop on here much anymore, so I thought I run the idea down to the fellow members and see what everyone thinks....perhaps if the general consensus is that this is a 'good idea' we can get Jason (or another Admin) to help us move on this.

"Jason:

A thread posted by one of our new members gave me the idea that new 'owners' may find it useful to have a concise sub-forum where common problems/quirks, their solutions/remedies, and the associated costs can be posted as stickies. Newbies would be able to quickly determine things they should be on the lookout for and/or find solutions to problems they are facing without doing repeated searches while trying to guess the appropriate keywords.

I could search through our forum to start identifying topics and write-up summaries for each, but I appear to lack the ability to create new sub-forums. So, I'd need you to set them up...one under each section.

Thoughts? Maybe call it "Common Issues" or something equally creative...lol. I'm thinking that it should be a little more controlled then the other forums. We should have a sticky about how to format a post; what information should be included, how to describe the topic, the possible solutions, links to resources, etc. Then new submissions should require a moderator's approval before being published...this will help keep the forum concise and informative.

Okay...that's my schpeal...let me know what you think."

Further more, we could include common 'questions' too...like the ever-popular "What's the biggest tire I can put on a stock truck?". Hellz posted a very good summary to one of our newbs that gave a quick concise picture of what their options were.

I think we'd benefit from having a "Common Issues and Questions" (or the like) sub-forum under each section (H1, H2, and H3). Thoughts? I'll post a sample thread after this one to give you a better idea of what I'm thinking.

Later.

Last edited by guruerror : 03-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default NOISE: Rattle at A-pillar when driving at speed

DESCRIPTION:
Some trucks exhibit a rattle in the vicinity of the A-pillar when driving at highway speeds. This is typically due to the wind vibrating the exterior molding on the A-pillar where it lies against the windshield. The specific part(s) in question are ?MOLDING. Windshield Garnish & Reveal (PN 25869091 & 25869092)? and are depicted in the below illustration as 6, 7, and 8.

From a technical service bulletin: ?A large number of H2 "A" pillar reveal moldings have been returned through the Warranty Parts Return Center with the customer complaint of a "rattle". The molding should not be replaced for this condition. Remove the molding and place double sided tape under the entire inboard edge where the molding contacts the windshield. Clean the windshield where the tape will make contact and reinstall the molding. This is, in fact, a more reliable repair than replacing the molding.?

REPAIR:
  1. Open the front door on the side of the truck where the noise is noticed
  2. Remove the two screws which secure the molding to the vehicle
  3. Remove the molding
  4. Place double sided tape under the entire inboard edge where the molding contacts the windshield
  5. Clean the windshield where the tape will make contact
  6. Reinstall the molding

COST: $5-10
  • 3M Molding Tape

TIME: 1 person, 30 minutes (DIY)

RESOURCE THREADS:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9822
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25167

Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New sub-forum suggestion

I support

however, I really don't see us as having any truely active h3 or h1 members, This in my opinion has became an H2 forum, I say leave the other vehicles areas the same and just give us some more to work with, just me.

Would be nice though

Would probably help expand our base as well, that or either kill what's left.