H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrading the steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT2T
Hey Eric,

I was just reading through your old thread and wanted to ask about the 'green keys'. Are the green keys required when using the Cognito kit? As far as I can tell, the Cognito kit provides new upper control arms and shock mount extender brackets* but doesn't actually raise the front end, is that right? If that's true then either the stock keys need to be turned up, or swapped out with the green keys.

* - I won't use the brackets and will opt for longer shocks instead (BILSTEIN-BE5-E381-T0).

Correct its the green keys that give you the lift. In most cases the factory keys do not have enough adjustment left to effectively lift the H2. The H2 keys were designed for 3/4 ton trucks that actually weigh less than the H2 so from the factory they are already cranked further than they would be on a 2500 truck.

I am going with the new Racho RS5000's They just released a set for a torsion bar lifted H2. Now if someone just had them in stock....
Old 06-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Hummer Novice

SteelsH2 is on a distinguished road

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...air/index.html.

I am thinking the Borgeson steering shaft needs to be the first steering upgrade for my new to me 2005 H2.

Anyone disagree that this is a good first mod for H2 steering?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road

Looks like an easy solution for anyone having the clunking issue. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

I'm sitting down to make my order and I ran into the question; whats the difference between the 3 groove and 4 groove splines on the pitman arms? (moog brand specifically)
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

EuroHummer is on a distinguished road

Has anybody tried these tie rods. $179 each.

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/prod...rod-8-lug.html

They are the ones who make the idler arm support and brace kit-$392

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/prod...bly-8-lug.html

Here is the page that shows what they make/sell-

http://www.hendersonslineup.com/prod...-tracking.html

I am going with supersteer parts to upgrade my H2 front end after looking at every other brand. If you notice, Cognito is selling their parts as well. They also have upgrades for the rear suspension.

2003 H2, 408 CI, K1 Forged 4" stroke crank, K1 6.125" forged rods, Wiseco X-Series 0.30 forged pistons, Schneider cam, FAST 102mm LSXRT, precision flow injectors, Comp Pro Magnum rockers, SA Gear DR timing set, ARP main studs, 90mm ETC TB, Airaid MIT, MSD Coils/wires, Dynatech Headers/high flow cats, Magnaflow, Jessie James Black Widows 20x9, Nitto Dune Grapplers 37", Fabtech 6" lift, CK Performance XHD 4l70e and 4.56 Gears
Old 06-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

KT2T is on a distinguished road

I looked at the installation instructions for the SS175 on their site and there are no specific instructions for the H2 as there are in the Cognito IPAWG8 installation documentation. Hmm. The Cognito documentation is very specific, with pictures, regarding the installation of the IPAWG8 in a HUMMER H2, and even if it is the same part as the Henderson, I will support the vendor who goes to that amount of trouble to detail H2-specific modifications.

o UCAK100001 (Cognito - front end level kit)
o BILSTEIN-BE5-E381-T0 (Cognito - longer-than-stock shocks for use with UCAK100001)
o SBELKHD-1000 (Cognito - end-links for use with UCAK100001)
o PISK2008 (Cognito - pitman/idler support kit)
o IPAWG8 (Cognito - Idler Pivot kit)
o RP28559 (Rare Parts - Xtreme Duty Tie Rods)
o RS5407 (Rancho steering stabilzer)
o GM green keys (3" lift to the front) $44 15592573 (ORDERED)

After talking to Cognito, I have opted for the UCAK00001 over the UCAK00044 since the -01 has bolt-on, replaceable balljoints instead of the pressed-in uniballs of the -44.

I have a call in to the DMAXSTORE right now to get some specifics on the differences between the Rare Parts Xtreme Duty tie rods and their DMAX KRYPTONITE series tie rods. I will post a follow-up with those details.

2000 HUMMER HMCS, kevlar flat black, Rubber Duck lift, Predator stage 3 kit, Predator (Wilwood) Big Brake kit, a work in progress...

2008 H2, graystone, air suspension (DELETED), U-steps, SMA brushguard w/valance (DRLs replaced by PIAA 520s), black taillight guards/locking fuel door/roof crossbars (x4), Cognito UCA/pitman-idler, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, Kryptonite tie rods, green keys, Fuel D525 20" Revolver, 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler
Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin'
Correct its the green keys that give you the lift. In most cases the factory keys do not have enough adjustment left to effectively lift the H2. The H2 keys were designed for 3/4 ton trucks that actually weigh less than the H2 so from the factory they are already cranked further than they would be on a 2500 truck.

I am going with the new Racho RS5000's They just released a set for a torsion bar lifted H2. Now if someone just had them in stock....

when you find out that information, let me know as i plan on replacing my front shocks, but no lift other than Tbars.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT2T

I have a call in to the DMAXSTORE right now to get some specifics on the differences between the Rare Parts Xtreme Duty tie rods and their DMAX KRYPTONITE series tie rods.

I'm interested in DMAX's response as well.
Maybe try and set up a group buy

Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Scarsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Excelent idea! Let us know what you find out.
Wheels - Black bedliner on stock wheels
Gas cap lid - still chrome but will soon be black bedliner
Tail light guards - still chrome but will be black bedliner
Grill - Still chrome but will be black bedliner
Hmmmm, is there a pattern developing here?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ H2
Count me in as another who would participate.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:

Got a voicemail from a guy at the dmaxstore and the gist of it is that the KRYPTONITE bars are a bit 'thicker' and can be adjusted on both the inner and outer sides, whereas the Rare Parts tie rods can only be adjusted from the inside.

Personally, I think I am going to go with the Rare Parts tie rods for two reasons. One, I think (and could be wrong) that the one-piece outer of the Rare Parts would be more robust then the threaded stud that makes the KRYPTONITE adjustable on the outside. The other reason is that I just don't see $70 worth of difference that would draw me away from the Rare Parts tie rods.

Thus far, the only site I can find that has all of the kits parts I want, sans Rare Parts tie rods, is Trail Duty. I will keep digging and update my list of vendors (with prices), but unless something big turns up then I will probably get it all (minus tie rods) from Trail Duty and then pick up the Rare Parts tie rods from DMAXSTORE. Of course, if there is enough interest in this whole package then maybe a group buy for the kit could be possible if someone wants to run with it.

2000 HUMMER HMCS, kevlar flat black, Rubber Duck lift, Predator stage 3 kit, Predator (Wilwood) Big Brake kit, a work in progress...

2008 H2, graystone, air suspension (DELETED), U-steps, SMA brushguard w/valance (DRLs replaced by PIAA 520s), black taillight guards/locking fuel door/roof crossbars (x4), Cognito UCA/pitman-idler, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, Kryptonite tie rods, green keys, Fuel D525 20" Revolver, 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler
Old 06-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Hummer Authority

After speaking to the DMAX store I think I am going to go with the KRYPTONITE! It's made by RarePArts to DMAX specs which they claim to be much stronger than RareParts. Alos KRYPTONITE have a longer 5 year Waranty.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
After speaking to the DMAX store I think I am going to go with the KRYPTONITE! It's made by RarePArts to DMAX specs which they claim to be much stronger than RareParts. Alos KRYPTONITE have a longer 5 year Waranty.
I could go for the Kryptonite tie rods if DMAX could put together a similar combo deal like the Rare Parts tie rods and Cognito Support Kit. That combo saves you about $100 compared to other on-line sources where you buy them separately.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

just to clarify,

i would be interested in the Rancho shocks for 2" T Bars lifts.

I have the Fabtech Tierods that will be going on at some point.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGuy
I could go for the Kryptonite tie rods if DMAX could put together a similar combo deal like the Rare Parts tie rods and Cognito Support Kit. That combo saves you about $100 compared to other on-line sources where you buy them separately.

I asked DMAX about a Group buy and they said that the price they offer the KRYPTONITE for is the lowest they can go without outsourcing to China and we definatly don't want that to happen so unless they can offer the other parts you want for less a group buy is out. I already have the cognito sup kit and Moog Ball Joints so I am only gettting the KRYPTONITE T Rods.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Can't blame a guy for asking. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

LEcustoms is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
I'm sitting down to make my order and I ran into the question; whats the difference between the 3 groove and 4 groove splines on the pitman arms? (moog brand specifically)

Just replaced my pitman and idler you need the three groove moog pitman arm I believe part number is(mog k6535)

03 White H2
12 HID lights, factory lightbar, custom light bar for brush guard, OEM luggage rack, k&n intake, Gran MAF, 37" Toyo M/T's, 17x12 weld racing wheels, predator programer, Dynomax 4" catback exhaust,
02 10th Anniversary H1 #44 Will be missed
94 Custom pearl white H1(work in progress)
Too many mods to list
06 kawasaki stx-15f
02 yamaha superjet
02 polaris scrambler 500
Old 09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well, I have the following sitting in my garage right now:

o UCAK100001 (Cognito - front end level kit)
o BILSTEIN BE5-E381-T0 (longer front shocks)
o SBELKHD-1000 (Cognito - end-links for use with UCAK100001)
o PISK2008 (Cognito - pitman/idler support kit)
o DMAXSTORE KRYPTONITE HD Tie Rods (red)
o RS5407 (Rancho steering stabilzer)
o GM green keys (3" lift to the front)

I am taking some time off next week while everyone else is at work/school, so I hope to have all of this installed by Friday. If I can get my old camera working (don't want grime on good camera) then I will take pictures along the way. Since I don't have a welder (yet), I didn't go for the Cognito Idler Pivot kit (IPAWG8) at this time, but will by this time next year.

By the way, those KRYPTONITE HD tie rods are gargantuan and I can't find a 1.75" crowfoot anywhere near here. Looks like I will be guestimating on the torque for the inners with a open-end wrench. Bleh.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
when you find out that information, let me know as i plan on replacing my front shocks, but no lift other than Tbars.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on this post!! I Bought the RANCHO
RS5370 shocks up front. These are specifically made for a t-bar lifted H2 and I gotta tell you the truck rides like a Cadillac with these things.

I got them from Summit for like $45/ea. It will say special order only. Dont worry just order them and summit will have them dropshipped from rancho directly to you.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

sanfoja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGuy
Can't blame a guy for asking. Thanks.

Just give them a call, they did a package deal for me with Kryptonite rods, and cognito support kit. I also ordered their torsion key kit. Saved me about $100. I upgraded to the MOOG pitman and idler arms as well (ordered from Amazon).

Good luck!
Joe
2003 H2 Lux/Adventure, Burgundy, 37x12.5 MTRs on Matte Black Wheels, Smoked Cab/Running Lights, 07 Mirrors, Jet Stage 1 Chip, Volant CF CAI, AirRaid Intake Tube, Bi-Xenon HID, DRL mod w/diode, 2006 TNR, Matte Black Linex on Grilles & Front/Rear Bumpers, Ram Offroad Brush Guard, Rancho 9000 Remote Adj shocks, Rancho 5000 Strg Stab, FFD Ultra Extreme Electric Fans, Moog Pitman/Idler w/Cognito Support Kit, Kryptonite Tie Rods