Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I'm sorry, but that's a highly ignorant viewpoint. Blindly supporting a leader because you're trying to be "patriotic" and "an American". You know what happens when a nation does that, when they're fueled by the idea of a nationalism, blind to whatever injustices might occur along the way? You end up with a situation that none of us want to be in, fascism.

You're telling me if I enjoy my freedoms I need to just support the Comander in Chief (CIC) and go along with things? That's BS. If I wanted to praise the CIC, act like he was the greatest, and stand behind him 100%, I'd move to North Korea or Iran. I don't agree with what's been done, and I am not a bible-thumper, and I am certainly not a conservative. I am also not an extreme liberal. And I see no reason why I should be 100% supportive. Is your SS going to come after me, and silence me because I don't agree? Are they going to try to make me fit? I have the right to speak, as do you, but this is true in MANY countries, so don't act like it's just the US. And I'd give more credit to the leaders of the past for those rights, not the leaders of today.

And you're saying I need to silence what I feel for the national good. Go spend some time reading about history. The US is not immune from the damage that nationalism plays on any civilization. We can just as easily end up in the pitfalls of history. We have to remember what's happened in the past, and what goes arwy when a leader is not questioned. This country was built by those who were not happy with their government, who wanted new freedoms, and who were willing to stand up and say their mind. What's happened? Obviously, you've become a mindless drone. And mindless drone=/=American.

And the liberal press idea? Give me a break. Travel somewhere else in the country, and the "liberal press" sounds more moderate than you'd like to believe. I think the troops should know the truth, even if it is negative. Why should they be prevented from knowing? Don't you think they have a strong enough conviction to handle the truth? You think they might flee if they do?

And as for voting, I hope Democrats win the majority. I don't like either party really, but I certainly don't like what's been going on in there lately. So I think the Democrats deserve a shot. But I think the reason the Republicans hold such a strong voter turn out: religion. I don't even want to talk about that though, because I have a feeling some people here wouldn't understand the anthropological underpinnings of why it exists, and how it influences the control of a leader over a complex society. Why do you think all political parties try to so hard to win over the religious vote?

But should you support the military? Absolutely! These are guys that are actually standing up, and fighting for something. I think some of them are happy to fight for the current CIC. Others are probably not. But I think they believe that they are protecting "their" America, meaning what they value about home, their views. And I think that makes them more American than most "Americans" here at home.

But you have some dangerous ideals that would silence dissenters and keep the military cut off from the truth of real events. You think those are good ideas???

You are so f'ing dillusional. The President of the United States does not wield all-mighty powers. There is a balance set forth by the Constitution. The President is as much a Head of State as he is a Commander in Chief and does not get to make unilateral decisions such as going to war.

You are the one that needs to return and read a little history. Comparing our country to any other in the light that the Presidency is a pathway to some sort of Dictatorship is asinine at best. Simply stupid at least.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
So....... You must be one of the stupid ones Kerry was referring to.

Dennis:

Look at the facts (hard for you). Any large corporation or organization has a broad distribution of highly educated and not so highly educated. The truth is that the officers and NCOs in the military are more highly educated than the general workforce of NBC, GM, FEDEX -- -- you name it. But no one ever questions the educational credentials of those organizations' employees.

The fact is, Kerry and you don't know what you're talking about.

George SSSS
BA Economics, magna cum laude
Former Lieutenant, US Navy
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 11-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
X2

They ought to round up Kerry, Jane Fonda and the Dixie Chicks and ship them to Iraq.
Who did I leave out?
Aubs?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Haha. That would definitely include YOU.
So true. So, so true.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have the right to speak, as do you, but this is true in MANY countries, so don't act like it's just the US. ...

Sure, you have a constitutional right to be stupid. You exercise it well.

After the partial collapse of Europe, around 1919, the U.S. became the leading power in the world. At the time, there were seven democracies on the planet. The U.S. solidified its role as the leader of the world in the 1940s, when it took the world through one of its darkest periods in which 55,000,000 people were murdered. We did this by sacrificing appx 400,000 of our citizens to defeat real tyranny. Over the decades, the U.S. has set up or facilitated the emergence and growth of many of the democracies that currently exist. That's what we are trying to do in Iraq. Succeed or fail, we are trying to replace a brutal butcher with a democratic government. Presently, after decades of the U.S.'s military, economic, and political leadership, there are now more than 100 democracies in the world That would not have happened if the Russians, Chinese, French, Germans, Canadians, Dutch or anyone else had been running the show.

Further, we are the only solitary example in world history of a nation or empire that has had the absolute, virtually uncontested ability to colonize and take territory from others (it would take us about 5 weeks to conquer all of North and South America for example, and no one could do anything about it), which has NOT exercised that power. If I'm wrong give me another example. You can't. We're the good guys.

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah, ...You end up with a situation that none of us want to be in, fascism. ... Is your SS going to come after me, and silence me because I don't agree? Are they going to try to make me fit?

I hear few things more ignorant these days than comparing conservatives or Republicans in this great country to the Nazis. Do they kill millions of our own citizens? Do they terrorize and gas us and make lampshades out of our skin? Just because Mrs.ssippi correctly recognizes your expressed remarks as moronic, it doesn't follow that she is part a movement similar to the one, which, 60 years ago, murdered and humiliated millions of people out of racial hatred and thirst for political power. Criticizing idiotic comments is not comparable to that. To make such a suggestion is just further idiocy.

Quote:
And mindless drone=/=American. ... I'd move to North Korea or Iran

Do now!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Dammit, it's a shame the lengths people go thru and who they will sh!t on just for the hope of gay marriage.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Grape Ape is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kerry is just telling the truth.
Feel safe knowing that US troops will be saving your ass if anything ever happens in Canada. A troop of Girl Scouts with sharp sticks could take over your country.
Maybe we only should have fought Japan in World War II in retaliation for attcking us. Wonder what the world would be like today.
Saddam is a modern day Hitler that had to go...period. Do some research.
I dont want to see any of our troops get killed and hope they get home safe soon.
I am proud of our troops and the sacrifice they are making to help make the world a safer place.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

Kerry Campaign Events Cut as Democrats Criticize Troops' Remark
By Roger Runningen

Nov. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts canceled campaign appearances with Democratic congressional candidates in three states after members of his own party criticized his remarks about the Iraq war and U.S. troops.

Kerry won't appear today in Mankato, Minnesota on behalf of Tim Walz, a Democrat challenging Republican Representative Gil Gutknecht. The decision to cancel ``ultimately'' was Kerry's, said Walz spokeswoman Meredith Salsbery.

Bruce Braley, a Democrat running for Iowa's 1st Congressional seat, asked Kerry not to campaign with him tomorrow, the Quad-Cities Times reported. Braley thought Kerry's remarks suggesting people with less education ``get stuck in Iraq'' were inappropriate, the paper said, citing Braley spokesman Jeff Giertz

Kerry also won't appear today in Philadelphia with U.S. Senate candidate Bob Casey, ABC News reported. Casey's race to unseat Republican Rick Santorum in Pennsylvania could be pivotal to Democrats' hopes to gain control of the Senate.

In Montana, Jon Tester, the Democratic challenger to incumbent Senator Republican Senator Conrad Burns, also sought to distance himself from Kerry.

``Senator Kerry's remarks were poorly worded and just plain stupid,'' Tester said in a statement late yesterday. ``He owes our troops and their families an apology.'' President George W. Bush is scheduled to campaign for Burns in Montana tomorrow.

Kerry's spokesman confirmed the senator has canceled the appearances.

``We made a decision not to allow the Republican hate machine to use Democratic House candidates as proxies in their distorted spin war in which once again they're willing to exploit brave American troops,'' David Wade said in a statement.

`Stuck in Iraq'

Kerry, while campaigning in California Oct. 30 for gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides, said: ``Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''

Bush yesterday accused Kerry of insulting troops in Iraq and said he should apologize. Kerry said Republicans were feigning outrage over a ``botched joke,'' and said Bush ought to apologize for misleading Americans over the war.

The Republican National Committee today rushed out a video clip headlined ``Kerry insults our troops'' with a replay of the senator's remarks.

To contact the reporter on this story: Roger Runningen in Washington at rrunningen@bloomberg.net
Old 11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Hummer Expert

Kerry's public appearances have been cancelled because
[Choose one]
(a) He's an embarrassment
(b) He's an embarrassment to the Democrats
(c) He's an embarrassment to America
(d) No one wants to be seen near him
(e) Teresa told him to go stand in the corner and he's still looking for it.
(e) Teresa cut off his allowance
(f) It's time to reload his botox

[Correct answer]: He voted for the war appropriation before he voted against it.

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 11-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
Feel safe knowing that US troops will be saving your ass if anything ever happens in Canada. A troop of Girl Scouts with sharp sticks could take over your country.
Maybe we only should have fought Japan in World War II in retaliation for attcking us. Wonder what the world would be like today.
Saddam is a modern day Hitler that had to go...period. Do some research.
I dont want to see any of our troops get killed and hope they get home safe soon.
I am proud of our troops and the sacrifice they are making to help make the world a safer place.

I am not mocking what your great leaders of past have done to maintain the free world, but you digging up the past noble causes of WWII and comparing them with blunders like Iraq are just stupid.

Understandable if you guys were making a safer world by beating the shyt out of North Korea(Which is a pathetic diplomatic posture). That is a noble cause. This maneuver has made the USA look weak(Pick on the weaker and totally avoid the guy that has the muscle.) by side stepping North Korea.

Soldiers dying in a third world country proven incapable of hurting the USA??? We all know it's all for the oil now. The excuses have run out. If you call that a noble cause, Well I guess we better add sheep to it's definition.

And yes. The majority of your military are burger flippers and getto kids using another avenue towards personal advancement.

Without the draft, the illiterate is the next best scource.

How can you sit there and use the word "PATRIOTISM" when there is a clear division in your country?

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Canadians shouldn't be trolling about anything until they cut the umbilical cord with England.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
(Pick on the weaker and totally avoid the guy that has the muscle.) by side stepping North Korea.

Who is the head of state who repeatedly invaded other nations and lost out of his insane sense of invulnerability? Jim Jong? No. Kim Jong went into hiding for 59 days beginning in March 2003. Unlike Saddam, Jong does, though his bubble is a little off center, obey the laws of deterence, just like most of our potential enemies have, e.g. the USSR, over the years. Another important question? Who are the only two world leaders who have used WMD (and by that, I mean nuclear, chemicial, or biological weapons) since 1918? There are only two. Who? Kim Jong? No. Only Harry and Saddam (some on his own people no less). Saddam's the really crazy one. Make sense now?

Quote:
... And yes. The majority of your military are burger flippers and getto kids using another avenue towards personal advancement.

You truly don't know what you are talking about. Again, how many of U.S. enlisted servicemen have you personally met? Or do you not need first-hand information to reach such a brilliant conclusion? You're too smart to need actual information before you condemn a giant group comprising more than a million people. Aren't you?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

DennisAJC, North Korea has China helping the world keep an eye on their sorry butt. The ONLY reason why North Korea still excists is because of China and China lost a lot of people making it that way. But China no longer wants a war. Because if the U.S. stopped buying goods from there, Chinas economy would take a dive.

There's a couple of facts that you seem to have forgotten about Iraq...
1. The U.N inspectors said Sadam had Weapons of mass destruction. They said they would go into a site and all they saw were tire tracks. That is until after tha war started.
2. Sadams Generals said he had weapons of mass destruction.
3. All Sadam had to do was let inspectors into these sites without delaying them or kicking them out of the country and he'd still be in power.

Now I don't know if these weapons excisted. For me it's a mute point. That's a big desert. And it would be easy to hide that stuff. There are also several surounding nations that would have happily taken the stuff.

ONe more thing and I'll go back to the side lines... Our president did have an exit stratagy. Go in, get Sadam out of power, let the Iraq people make a new government, get out... That is a strategy... What failed is not the U.S. President, not the U.S. goverment, not the U.S. military.
What failed was the Iraqi people. That's where the failure lies. But that could lead to another aurgument.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am not mocking what your great leaders of past have done to maintain the free world Keep free in mind for a moment, but you digging up the past noble causes of WWII and comparing them with blunders like Iraq are just stupid. You're right Jihad is no concern.

Understandable if you guys were making a safer world by beating the shyt out of North Korea(Which is a pathetic diplomatic posture). That is a noble cause. This maneuver has made the USA look weak(Pick on the weaker and totally avoid the guy that has the muscle.) by side stepping North Korea. We are going through the same diplomat process as we did with Iraq. If we go in right now we would be criticized also, no? Why don't you ask your own government to do something?

Soldiers dying in a third world country proven incapable of hurting the USA??? 9/11/01, Assumed WMD-sound familiar. We all know it's all for the oil now.Give me a break. The excuses have run out. If you call that a noble cause, Well I guess we better add sheep to it's definition.

And yes. The majority of your military are burger flippers and getto kids using another avenue towards personal advancement. Nice.

Without the draft, the illiterate is the next best "scource". IRONIC AS A MOFO.

How can you sit there and use the word "PATRIOTISM" when there is a clear division in your country?

SUCK A DICK DENNIS!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Without the draft, the illiterate is the next best "scource". IRONIC AS A MOFO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
SUCK A DICK DENNIS!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Grape Ape is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am not mocking what your great leaders of past have done to maintain the free world, but you digging up the past noble causes of WWII and comparing them with blunders like Iraq are just stupid.

Understandable if you guys were making a safer world by beating the shyt out of North Korea(Which is a pathetic diplomatic posture). That is a noble cause. This maneuver has made the USA look weak(Pick on the weaker and totally avoid the guy that has the muscle.) by side stepping North Korea.

Soldiers dying in a third world country proven incapable of hurting the USA??? We all know it's all for the oil now. The excuses have run out. If you call that a noble cause, Well I guess we better add sheep to it's definition.

And yes. The majority of your military are burger flippers and getto kids using another avenue towards personal advancement.

Without the draft, the illiterate is the next best scource.

Didnt Saddam invade a "weaker" Kuwait? Maybe Canadian TV censored the mass graves and interviews with Iraqi families who have had their fathers "disappear" because they said something against Saddam? Miss the gas attacks against the Kurds? Maybe it is easy to turn a blind eye to what does not directly affect you. A lot of other people obviously dont see it your way. The US is the "big brother" of the world and you benefit from it.
The blood for oil theory is a bunch of hippie liberal crap. I am sure some freaks criticized FDR back in the day. They just didnt have the balls to say it in public. Sometimes unpopular things have to be done for the better good.
Enjoy life in your bubble...crack a Molsons and fire up some BC bud.

Last edited by Grape Ape : 11-01-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserth3
DennisAJC, North Korea has China helping the world keep an eye on their sorry butt. The ONLY reason why North Korea still excists is because of China and China lost a lot of people making it that way. But China no longer wants a war. Because if the U.S. stopped buying goods from there, Chinas economy would take a dive. I agree with you there.

There's a couple of facts that you seem to have forgotten about Iraq...
1. The U.N inspectors said Sadam had Weapons of mass destruction. They said they would go into a site and all they saw were tire tracks. That is until after tha war started. You can't suggest all this was based on an assesment of tire tracks?
2. Sadams Generals said he had weapons of mass destruction. Believing what the enemy tells you means you've been PUNK'D by propaganda.
3. All Sadam had to do was let inspectors into these sites without delaying them or kicking them out of the country and he'd still be in power. But now he's out. Job done. Then what?

Now I don't know if these weapons excisted. For me it's a mute point. That's a big desert. And it would be easy to hide that stuff. There are also several surounding nations that would have happily taken the stuff. Ya, like Syria. Why waste time looking for milk in the bathroom when it's in the kitchen?

ONe more thing and I'll go back to the side lines... Our president did have an exit stratagy. Go in, get Sadam out of power DONE (Job well done), let the Iraq people make a new government Close enough, get out... That is a strategy... What failed is not the U.S. President Can't agree with you on that., not the U.S. goverment, not the U.S. military.
What failed was the Iraqi people. That's where the failure lies. But that could lead to another aurgument.That could be a new but interesting argument there. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's like someone forcing you to pray to Allah instead of God. It'll never happen. Like a parent, you pray you've done your best. But the rest is up to them.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Everyone knows I'm a proud veteran, but maybe Kerry was right.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSSS
Kerry's public appearances have been cancelled because
[Choose one]
(a) He's an embarrassment
(b) He's an embarrassment to the Democrats
(c) He's an embarrassment to America
(d) No one wants to be seen near him
(e) Teresa told him to go stand in the corner and he's still looking for it.
(e) Teresa cut off his allowance
(f) It's time to reload his botox

[Correct answer]: He voted for the war appropriation before he voted against it.

George SSSS
I"ve been laughing all morning!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's like someone forcing you to pray to Allah instead of God. It'll never happen. Like a parent, you pray you've done your best. But the rest is up to them.
That's just not true.

If it were, it would be useless to attempt to help other countries better themselves. To help other people better themselves.

Hell, at one time, people thought Zeus threw lightning bolts at them and they were pretty old.