H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

Ok so I have decided I want to buy rims, and assume I will need new tires to go with them...currently I have the 17" chrome from the luxury package in the 05.

Chrome rims are a must (like the look). I live in Buffalo, NY so all terrain (like the stock tires), are a BIG plus since the snow is harsh here in the winter...

I'm looking for 22" or 24". I'm pretty ignorant on rims and all though, I've been checking eBay and I think I really like these 24" ones...

It says they are 24x10, bolt pattern 8x165, with 10 offset. They are $1,785. I know the 24 means 24"...what's the rest mean? Also which tires would be good with these and what would the typical cost of a set of 4 tires cost me?

Oh also...what's the typical cost to have them installed?

I have an 05 White H2...so I think these would look really good on mine.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

Ok so I have decided I want to buy rims, and assume I will need new tires to go with them...currently I have the 17" chrome from the luxury package in the 05.

Chrome rims are a must (like the look). I live in Buffalo, NY so all terrain (like the stock tires), are a BIG plus since the snow is harsh here in the winter...

I'm looking for 22" or 24". I'm pretty ignorant on rims and all though, I've been checking eBay and I think I really like these 24" ones...

It says they are 24x10, bolt pattern 8x165, with 10 offset. They are $1,785. I know the 24 means 24"...what's the rest mean? Also which tires would be good with these and what would the typical cost of a set of 4 tires cost me?

Oh also...what's the typical cost to have them installed?

I have an 05 White H2...so I think these would look really good on mine.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

mordak- 24" is height, 10" is bead width , 8 is how many stud hole, 165 is how many millimeters studs a apart. 10" is the offset , ( example -if spoke pattern was in exact center of wheel width it would be o offset)
Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

Ok so what do ya think of these rims? And is $1,800 a good price for them?

Oh and 1 new question to add to the 50 I asked in 1st post lol... will my braking still be ok with new rims/tires? (especially in the winter?)
Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

IMO, You may have been happier with an Escalade. They adapt themselves more easily to the Poser theme 24" wheels tend to emulate on an SUV. While you can put 24" wheels on an H2, forget about utility & good performance in snowy conditions. 18's or 20's look good on an H2 & still maintain enough tire sidewall to allow the H2 to perform admirably as the penultimate SUV. IMO, the H2 pictured in the add in your post looks absolutely ridiculous. However if that's what you're going for, good luck.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

I do like the look in the picture...and I will never offroad this vehicle (parents bought me it...they'd kill me if I offroaded it heh)

I guess for winter I can put the stock tires/rims back on though for performance in winter and to not destroy the 24s.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

If you like the 24" rims, go for it! Maybe you should consider keeping your stock takeoffs for the winter.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

Ok still need some answers to the tires, braking, installation cost, and how the ride feels with 24"s thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 02:02 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mordak:
Ok still need some answers to the tires, braking, installation cost, and how the ride feels with 24"s thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Vault's with tires will run about $5K. F&R Brembo's will run $6-8K. The H2 rides superbly on 17-20's, bigger than that it gets a little busy.
BTW, if you put 24's on & like it, you'll hate your H2 all winter with the "Snow Set" of factory 17's on it. If you were to consider 20's it would look good year-round. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

ARH...how do you see $5k for the vault with tires? Jeez heh...The rims are $1785 as I said in 1st post. A set of tires sure can't be $3,215...
Old 06-09-2005, 02:31 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mordak:
ARH...how do you see $5k for the vault with tires? Jeez heh...The rims are $1785 as I said in 1st post. A set of tires sure can't be $3,215... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I went to a website that offered them with tires mounted & balanced for $4975.00 as a package. It was easy enough...
Old 06-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Hummer Guru

On 24" rims it'll ride like a brick. But it'll be a really cool lookin brick.

These tires are not practical for Buffalo, NY, in the winter. I realize it won't look as good, but you won't be happy when you hit those wonderful ice potholes.

I agree with ARH1956, 20's would look good year round and they'd be more functional year round.
Here's a pic of a friends with 20 x 10 and toyo 35x12.5x20.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2005, 02:40 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARH1956:
ARH...how do you see $5k for the vault with tires? Jeez heh...The rims are $1785 as I said in 1st post. A set of tires sure can't be $3,215... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I went to a website that offered them with tires mounted & balanced for $4975.00 as a package. It was easy enough... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The websites I checked quote the 24x10's at about $700 each.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Hummer Guru

I think these are 24's too.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Hummer Professional

DH22G is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 24's on my escalade and it rides on rails.. i enjoy that feeling but in my hummer NO WAY>. on my h2 i have 22" wheels with 37in offroad tires.. get a 22" wheel with TOYO Open Country MT 37X13.5X22... It is hardcore offroad.. baller 22in style and the toyo tire rides soft and smooth.. go with that set up you will not regret and you can also use them in the snow too. if you do 24's then you will ride like crap you will drop the h2's height by 5 inches and look stupid unless you lower the vehicle.. and if you do that.. YOU WILL BE LYNCHED BY THE FOURM MEMBERS!!!! and me.. get a caddy if you are that "BALLER" status.. 22in wheel 37in tire... TOYO thats the way to go.. its my living trust me
03 H2 White... too much to list
2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX -READY FOR THE SUN
Old 06-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to be the one to say it, but this is what the forum is about. An exchange of info from members to members. Nevermind that mordak wants to do some stupid **** to his truck , he's getting good solid advice.

Awesome gang, awesome. BTW, no way on the 24's. Bad ride, guy, bad ride. Look at 20's and you'll be happy all the time. Trust me... Oh, I don't have 20's, just trust me....
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

Mordak,
to get the "look" i think you're trying to achieve you're gonna have to lower the suspension or your gonna have terrible "wheel gap"
i don't think mom & dad would be too happy with you messing with the suspension, just as much as they wouldn't want you off-roading.
factor in the cost of the suspension upgrade before buying your rims and tires.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok still need some answers to the tires, braking, installation cost, and how the ride feels with 24"s thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, learn to stand up and pee.
Second, be a man and get some manly tires like these:
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mordak is off the scale

Ok so I guess the ride would be terrible on 24"s Would 22's look just as good, and ride a little better?

And what do you guys mean by the "ride bad" exactly?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so I guess the ride would be terrible on 24"s Would 22's look just as good, and ride a little better?

And what do you guys mean by the "ride bad" exactly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Less sidewall to absorb road shock. It will be a rougher ride. 22's would be better and still attain the look you're after.