H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale
Default hypertech programer

So, I just bought a Hypertech III from a guy on ebay. Said never been used, sold truck before using. I have an 03 H2 built 7/02 and it's the 30019 tuner. So I plug it in and it goes through the normal reading of my Vin # and such then says "This programer not for this vehicle" ---any ideas? My guess is it is used and he didn't reset his truck to factory OR maybe I needed to get for an 02 GMC 6.0L? Hypertech is closed today so any comments before I go after this guy?
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Cesardajr is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: hypertech programer

Make sure the year range on the box label is with in the year range you need.
i bought a 30022 hypertech for my 06 H2 and i also came up with the same message. the year range had a cut off year of 2005 so it did not work for me. I called hypertech and they said i could send it to them and pay some thing like $200 and they would reprogram it for my 06. i just sold it and a member off this board bought it for his 05 H2 and it worked for him.
37x12.50xR17 BFG Mud Terrain's
Ready Lift Front Leveling Kit 2 1/2"
Cognito Steering Support Kit
Cognito Idler Pivot Kit
Fabtech Steering Stabilizer
Fabtech Tie Rods
Power Slot Slotted Rotors
Crown Performance Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Off Road Unlimited Black Diff Cover & RP Diff Fluid
Hypertech Power Programmer
True Flow Foam Air Filter
Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Default Re: hypertech programer

the back of the programer says 2003 6.0L
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Sept. 2006, Bought a 30019 for my 2003 off eBay and the ass hat didn't reset it back to stock. Swears up and down he did, then accused me of trying to rip him off by programming my truck and wanting my money back. Even said that the VIN in the programmer wasn't even a truck he had ever owned. Fricking kids.....The guy lives in DRTYFN's neck of the woods and I almost asked DRTY to pay the ass hat a visit but it was my screw up and just went the following route.

Sent it to manufacture, paid a couple hundred dollars (in the end I paid full price, eBay cost and manufacturers cost, figured not a big deal) for a new one with the current software and learned a lesson, don't buy a programmer off eBay. They said they have had the same problem over and over with folks buying them off eBay.

Filed a claim with PayPal but because I did not get a letter from the manufacturer on their letter head (e-mail communications with the manufacturer as proof DOES NOT COUNT) stating that it was not reset I lost the case.

Posted by me on sellers feedback, PPal awarded you cause I failed to send proper info, God will remember your act.

Posted by seller on my feedback "likes to file claim because he bought wrong part"

Posted by me to his feedback "Own a 2003 HUMMER H2 PN 30019 was the correct part, God will remember your act."

http://myworld.ebay.com/raymondrobin

Later, Easy Ed
Old 11-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Easy Ed is right. When it come to tuning stuff look at new and skip the skew ups. Some things on ebay I buy all the time. You just got to be careful where you decide to save money at or I should where you buy from.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Well my opinion on this programmer is it's either good or not. If the person has his program out of it, it should be like new so thought there couldn't be a problem since he said he never used it. My question really is if my truck was built 7/02 will the 30019 work or do I need the one for an 02?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Hummer Authority

You like myself have a 2003 you would use the model 30019 for programming. Mine has the following on the back of it,

PN:30019, SN:120****, Rev: 05.24.014.48, 2003 GM Trk/SUV/Hummer H2
4.3/4.8/5.3/6.0/8.1L copyright Hypertech Inc. 1999 This is all because I traded it in and have the latest softeware in it.

If it does not work per your words "My guess is it is used and he didn't reset his truck to factory" you'll have to wait and talk to the guys at Hypertech to see what your option are.

Later, easy Ed
Old 11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks Ed, I talked to the guy I bought it from and he seems to think there is already some program in my truck already. I don't know because I bought it used 2 years ago but he said that is strange that it's saying "This programmer not for this vehicle" so I guess I'll wait to talk to Hypertech.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Did it come with a manual ? Here is a link to Hypertech's site and the manual for the 30019 programmer. http://www.hypertech-inc.com/get_ins...ion.php?iid=52

Best of luck figuring it out, keep us informed, Easy Ed
Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Hummer Authority

What is the latest on this working Hummer ? In case this type of problem comes up again we may know how to fix the problem.

Thanks, Easy Ed
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

RippSpeed is on a distinguished road

sound like your screwed... I suggest you take a picture of the vin number thats displayed on the programmer and take a pic of your rig's vin number and submitt that to paypal for a refund claim...
Old 11-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Hummer Professional

So here's the scoop. The guy I bought it from is refunding me my money back so Yea!. I called Hypertech and told them I have a 30019 and it's not working, that it's giving me that "will not work for this vehicle". They tell me that I must have a old 30019 programmer. I said so! who cares if it's 3yrs or 1 day old the part # is right and it's not working. He tells me that the early 30019 programmers won't work because they didn't have Hummer programming then. I couldn't believe it, why would they use the same part # after they add a new vehicle to a programmer? So apparently the guy said you have to look at the REV # on the back of the unit and it should say 5241450 for the H2, which I don't understand because I've asked about 10 people on Ebay that have them for sale and none of them have had that REV #. So the hell with Hypertech. So be warned if you buy a 30019 programmer it may or may not work for your H2 thanks to their wonderfull part # system they have going there. Sorry if their are Hypertech fanatics here but this whole thing is rediculous, all I want is a Hypertech III programmer that works for my H2, which they say is the 30019 but apparently NOT! I have to also know how old it is and correctly match a series of #'s off of it also. Just rediculous.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hummer Authority

Sorry to hear about that working Hummer and but am glad to hear you are getting your money back.....but

In the engineering field there are always revisions made. I make them, the company I worked for before did the same, they all do. If I design a part and give it a part number for remanufacturing a die cast machine it may work perfect on "that model year" machine we are working on but when the OEM makes a change to their next model year and my part won't fit then I may have to say add a extra hole so it will fit the newer and older machines both hence why it will have the same part number but have the revision letter on my print/part also. Hell, I have seen drawings with revisions up to the letter "T"

Not trying to make a excuses for Hypertech but just to explain that we all do it and sorry that you got caught up in the "revision game" from one year to another and that it just happened to be that their revision added the HUMMER programming to their programmer later.

Edit for spelling, 5:00 AM sucks to be trying to post

Later, Easy Ed

Last edited by Easy Ed : 11-16-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Hummer Professional

I guess I understand what your saying Ed but you would think that some kind of posting would be there, for instance for the H2 they could put in parentheses "call Hypertech" or "check REV #". I guess I'm just ranting over this but there are a lot of them for sale on Ebay for a lot cheaper and I have no idea if they work or not unless I get all there REV #'s and call Hypertech. Seems like a silly process. But I see your point and I'm over it. Geez you'd think I was a teenager bitching about nothing wouldn't ya. Anyhow thanks ED for your wisdom.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Hummer Authority

The 2003 and up model Hypertech will include HUMMER H2 on the back of the unit along with the other models/motor sizes it will work with and also the model number of 30019.

But you'll still have the problem of some slight differences (revisions) in the program because of the changes GM makes in the trucks computer hence why Hypertech wants folks to buy theirs new off the shelf cause they try to keep up with the GM computer revisions and Hypertech adjust the programmers accordingly, per Kenny at Hypertech.

You can still use a 2003 and up 30019 if you can get one that has had the stock program put back into it unlike the problem I had with the one I bought off eBay :-(

If I could have found a early one that was reset to stock settings for a decent price on eBay I would have bought it but I got caught up with the ass hat that was trying to (well I guess he did) rip me off and had to turn to Hypertech/Kenny to fix the problem and ended up paying full price but I do have the latest revisions

"Geez you'd think I was a teenager bitching about nothing wouldn't ya." Naw, you just wanted what ya paid for, nothing wrong with that.

Glad to see you got everything worked out. Later, Easy Ed

P.S. Still like my Hypertech, did use it last week to change the octane rating to 87 (gas prices suck) but I can tell the difference from stock to having the Hypertech program in it.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 11-16-2007 at 01:51 PM.