H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

03blackH2 is on a distinguished road
Default WTK/WTB: Class IV Tow Hitch for H2

Hey guys anybody know a dealer that sells class IV hitches that fit an H2?

Also which GM frame is like our H2's? Maybe a Silverado 2500 pickup or a Suburban or something like that I could get that would bolt up in the same holes.

I need to locate a Class IV hitch this week Sep 17 - 22 and install next week for a trip last weekend of the month.

Thanks!

SEARCH is your friend
Old 09-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: WTK/WTB: Class IV Tow Hitch for H2

...sniff.......sniff, sniff? How bout some Pic's of your 2!.. Front and Rear!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
...sniff.......sniff, sniff? How bout some Pic's of your 2!.. Front and Rear!
you smell sumthin?

The hitch on the H2 is integrated into the frame and is specific only to it. Go look at the back of your phantom H2 and find the square hole and BAM you've got a class IV hitch
Old 09-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
you smell sumthin?

The hitch on the H2 is integrated into the frame and is specific only to it. Go look at the back of your phantom H2 and find the square hole and BAM you've got a class IV hitch

After reading 03's posts, then posting....

Quote:
Also which GM frame is like our H2's? Maybe a Silverado 2500 pickup or a Suburban or something like that I could get that would bolt up in the same holes.

just smelt ...Trollish! and .........
Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
After reading 03's posts, then posting....

just smelt ...Trollish! and .........
I thought that's what you smelled. I was kind of getting the same odor over here too.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

Big Z, suck a >>>>

No troll here just a FNG! The "Search" feature didn't yield any results so I had to ask you Pros. Dang I don't think I have ever been called a Troll before on any site.

So granted I did not even think to read a label that might exist on my existing hitch but I did bother to read the factory brochure I snagged at the dealer for an '06. It reads under "weights and capacities":
Payload, Max 2,200 lbs
Trailering, Max 6,700 lbs

*Notes

"Note 5, Trailer tongue weight should be 10-15% of max trailer weight, up to 700lbs. Do not exceed maximum allowable tongue weight for your vehicle."

When I looked up after market Class III hitches for model X,Y,Z trucks they said max tongue weight 500lbs. Then I saw one some where that was 600lbs. Now the Class IV hitch I found said tonbue capacity 1000lbs.

This is why I posted my question in the 1st place. But I am glad we are having this conversation because there are more questions.

What I have is a tongue weight max of 700 lbs according to the Hummer H2 2006 Brochure under the specs section.

What I will have is a tongue load of 850 lbs!!! There is no axle under that baby it is all weight on the tongue! This is a little different then towing another H2 or boat or big ass trailer.

Here are pics of what I am putting on the back of my H2

Here is a pic of the "Troll's Truck". I can go take some in the dark if you want too

Ok so I did go take some in the dark just now before I hit send on this reply. I see why the BS flag got raised on me. I never crawled under there to look at it, I figured it looked like every other hitch I have seen. But still I need to know if this tongue can handle 850lbs instead of 700lbs max like the book says. Where does it say the one on our H2's is a class IV? I hope it is, I am just trying to make sure my load doesn't snap off on the turnpike know what I mean!

Pics
Front

Rear

Hitch outside

Hitch going in bumper

Hitch behind bumper

Thanks in advance,
The Troll

SEARCH is your friend
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Paragon,

None of my smart ass remarks were intended for you sorry if it came across that way.

So I see you wrote it is a Class IV. Would you happen to have any knowledge of how much tongue capacity it can hold other than my little brochure?

And if 700 lbs max is the max, is there a snowballs chance in hell anyone makes a stronger one that will hold more than 700lbs ?

Thanks man

SEARCH is your friend
Old 09-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

"03BlackH2's avatar is actually of a white H2 that belongs to JamesT " PhilD

And where does it say I said that was my truck? Give me a break PhilD. I love that picture, it was my screen saver for months before I bought my preowned 2003 BLACK H2. I posted pics of my truck before this post that you did see. I posted some more tonight.

I love this site.You can get all the info you ever wanted on an H2 and get your balls busted all night all at the same time.

Ok poor it on. But don't forget my answers I need.

SEARCH is your friend
Old 09-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Well, FNG! I wasn't going to respond, But WTH!.....First off I doubt you will find a post that I "Labeled " you a TROLL!......

Quote:

I see why the BS flag got raised on me. I never crawled under there to look at it, I figured it looked like every other hitch I have seen.

Although MOST TROLLS Post $hit like this! .................

Quote:

I need to locate a Class IV hitch this week Sep 17 - 22 and install next week for a trip last weekend of the month.

I said It Smelt Trollish!....Kinda FIGURED IT SOUNDED LIKE EVERY OTHER TROLL POST I EVER READ!

End of My Answer......Read you Manual..If you Have One!

Need more! ............Use your Search Friend!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thank you for lifting my Troll status. Trollish = Suspected Troll in my book. I did search, it did not give me answers which is why I wanted to consult with the Pros. Thanks for jumping in and trying to insult me and then telling me to pound sand and go read my manual. How did you think a non Troll was going to respond? Why don't you not reply here but PM me with the rudeness then I can tell you what I really think about you. Atleast if you had something good to say it would become archived here in a post so dumbasses could find it later when they used my Search friend. You and I could go all day long with the insults but who needs that???

I'll be back later to see what rudeness you had to reply with, I just know you will.

SEARCH is your friend

Last edited by 03blackH2 : 09-18-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned

Trailer weight ratings have less to do with the hitch capacity than the overall vehicle's ability to tow the weight.

The hitch WILL indeed hold up to 1000 lbs. GM is going to err on the low side of everything since this is not meant to be a tow vehicle. I have had 10K lbs behind it on numerous occasions, and while not advisable in most situations, it towed it fine. This was pulling a piece of equipment and the trailer's loaded tonque heavy.

Also, a hitch has to handle dynamic load, so the static amount given has to be taken into account but taken as the gospel.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03blackH2

Thank you for lifting my Troll status. Trollish = Suspected Troll in my book.

ReallY!...Doesn't Post #1 sound trollish!...To A HUMMER OWNER??

Then!, after getting your ManGina in a twit, You take a couple pics of the F & R and post the following!

I see why the BS flag got raised on me. I never crawled under there to look at it, I figured it looked like every other hitch I have seen.

So, To make a friendly ending to this thread!...I Have Answers For ALL, your Questions! (even a couple you HAVEN'T Thought About!)........

But, I'll Just Watch for Now! As I'm sure you will get more responses, and probably All The Answers You Need!

Good Luck!

Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
ReallY!...Doesn't Post #1 sound trollish!...To A HUMMER OWNER??

Then!, after getting your ManGina in a twit, You take a couple pics of the F & R and post the following!

So, To make a friendly ending to this thread!...I Have Answers For ALL, your Questions! (even a couple you HAVEN'T Thought About!)........

But, I'll Just Watch for Now! As I'm sure you will get more responses, and probably All The Answers You Need!

Good Luck!

Don't listen to BigZ. He wouldn't know a trailer hitch from a tailpipe. I don't even think he owns a truck, much less an H2, now lives in Iran, voted for George McGovern for president, and teaches individuals how to fly wearing kaffiyahs.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Don't listen to BigZ. He wouldn't know a trailer hitch from a tailpipe. I don't even think he owns a truck, much less an H2, now lives in Iran, voted for George McGovern for president, and teaches individuals how to fly wearing kaffiyahs.

Hey!!. I Resemble That Remark! ........