H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Hummer Professional

HUM GOOD has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default 05 H2 on it's 4th trans!!!!

2 yrs old, 89,000 miles and on it's 4th trans.

#1 - 46,000 m - lost 3rd and 4th -out of warranty - rebuild $2500 my cost
#2 - 55,000 m - rad blew mixed fluids blew trans - out of warranty - called Hummer corp - they paid 75% - my cost $2500
#3 - 75,000 m - real bad chatter - warranteed - my cost $0
#4 - 89,000 m - lost 3rd and 4th - warranteed - my cost $0

total cost for rentals - $2000

I called Hummer Corp, thinking maybe there is something wrong here. Computer? I just don't think I could beat thes thing up enough to blow 4 trans' in 90,000 m...it's just not right.
They offered me $2000 towards the purchase of a new GM car....LOL....how nice of them...and to top it off - the certificate expires in 1 year.....LOL....that's a joke....I have 2 years of payments left.

So I am going way of Lemon Law Lawyers...who say they will not be able to apply the lemon law to the rig, because the first incident needs to happen before 18,000 m. But they are confident (98%) they can get me enough to pay off the rig and have a sweet down payment for the next vehicle.

I so do enjoy driving my H2...I really do not want to let it go.
Diesel is my thought. The thing is my stubborn self is pissed at GM and don't think they deserve my business. So I am between #1 converting the H2 to deisel or #2 going with a F350 twin turbo diesel

That's my story as of today. The lawyers will get started once I get my truck back. I will continue to update.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 05 H2 on it's 4th trans!!!!

hope u come out on top bro, i can understand the animosity towards gm but hummers are cool keep us posted
Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

I would be careful about the TT Diesel from Ford.... my good friend is a fleet manager for a big commercial Plowing/Landscape/Developement company and they have had quite a few problems with the new Fords. I would definately do your research first.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure sounds like computer to me.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
MONSTERMATThope u come out on top bro, i can understand the animosity towards gm but hummers are cool keep us posted

Hummers are cool - maybe I just got a bad one

Quote:
MVR 155I would be careful about the TT Diesel from Ford.... my good friend is a fleet manager for a big commercial Plowing/Landscape/Developement company and they have had quite a few problems with the new Fords. I would definately do your research first.

Thanks for the heads up - I will definitely do my research before I make any decision....I thought I did my research with the H2....I still got a bad egg.

Quote:
towerSure sounds like computer to me.

do you have more for me on that..tell me ....tell me....
Old 11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM GOOD
2 yrs old, 89,000 miles and on it's 4th trans.

#1 - 46,000 m - lost 3rd and 4th -out of warranty - rebuild $2500 my cost
#2 - 55,000 m - rad blew mixed fluids blew trans - out of warranty - called Hummer corp - they paid 75% - my cost $2500
#3 - 75,000 m - real bad chatter - warranteed - my cost $0
#4 - 89,000 m - lost 3rd and 4th - warranteed - my cost $0

total cost for rentals - $2000

I called Hummer Corp, thinking maybe there is something wrong here. Computer? I just don't think I could beat thes thing up enough to blow 4 trans' in 90,000 m...it's just not right.
They offered me $2000 towards the purchase of a new GM car....LOL....how nice of them...and to top it off - the certificate expires in 1 year.....LOL....that's a joke....I have 2 years of payments left.

So I am going way of Lemon Law Lawyers...who say they will not be able to apply the lemon law to the rig, because the first incident needs to happen before 18,000 m. But they are confident (98%) they can get me enough to pay off the rig and have a sweet down payment for the next vehicle.

I so do enjoy driving my H2...I really do not want to let it go.
Diesel is my thought. The thing is my stubborn self is pissed at GM and don't think they deserve my business. So I am between #1 converting the H2 to deisel or #2 going with a F350 twin turbo diesel

That's my story as of today. The lawyers will get started once I get my truck back. I will continue to update.
Are you towing alot? The F350 powerstrokes are pretty solid. The new 08's are reeally nice. If gm doesn't make it right, I would think about going with a powerstroke.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
Are you towing alot? The F350 powerstrokes are pretty solid. The new 08's are reeally nice. If gm doesn't make it right, I would think about going with a powerstroke.

Yes - I tow quite often...but nothing heavy - just couple of toys with an aluminum trailer.....maybe 2000 lbs on the way home with the mud

my brother-in-law has an 05 F350 powerstroke.....just like me, he has 90,000 miles - he's a roofer and tows an 20 foot enclosed packed with roofing materials everyday.....funny - he ain't got no troubles.....I know the H2 isn't a tow vehicle...but it should be able to handle 2000 lbs every now and then.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Well I currently own 4 hummer h2 limos and have owned an 2 unstretched h2's. Never had to replace a tranny yet. Got a few limos around 100,000 miles , no tranny problems and these limos constantly have 25 people in them and are stretched 2-3x as long as the normal h2, no tranny problems ever.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yes - I tow quite often...but nothing heavy - just couple of toys with an aluminum trailer.....maybe 2000 lbs on the way home with the mud

my brother-in-law has an 05 F350 powerstroke.....just like me, he has 90,000 miles - he's a roofer and tows an 20 foot enclosed packed with roofing materials everyday.....funny - he ain't got no troubles.....I know the H2 isn't a tow vehicle...but it should be able to handle 2000 lbs every now and then.

Any engine mods like a supercharger or chip?

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
Well I currently own 4 hummer h2 limos and have owned an 2 unstretched h2's. Never had to replace a tranny yet. Got a few limos around 100,000 miles , no tranny problems and these limos constantly have 25 people in them and are stretched 2-3x as long as the normal h2, no tranny problems ever.

BTW 25 people in h2 limo could be 4000 lbs plus the actual weight of the stretched areas, thousands of pounds of steel, + seats, + tvs dvds ACs, electric boards etc, could put it at 10,000 lbs. Thats 10k lbs every time it drives down the road not just once in awhile, yet no trany problems :knock on wood:
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
Any engine mods like a supercharger or chip?

the mods are:

first tranny- no mods

second tranny - intake and exhaust

third and fourth trannies - granitelli MAF and programmer, plus 37" tires
Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

wow, i was thinking with those problems you were towing the hell out of it. I think that the rest of the forum would stand up behind their rigs and say that you just got a lemon.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

my ranger is suppossed to be able to handle 2000 lbs.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hummers are cool - maybe I just got a bad one

Thanks for the heads up - I will definitely do my research before I make any decision....I thought I did my research with the H2....I still got a bad egg.

do you have more for me on that..tell me ....tell me....
I Had a Tahoe with similar problems. after the 3rd trans, I insisted that they change out the OBD-II. After they did, no more problems.

Last edited by tower : 11-14-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Im pretty sure it was the kumho tires. Try finding a resolution with those nice guys .

You may want to test drive the f350. I went a week wanting a lifted crew cab f-250....till i rode in one. Talk about harsh!

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm with tower on his thoughts of the situation. I have heard of so few that had ever replaced the first tranny. I feel you just got a lemon and please do not judge the rest of the H2's or GM by this one rig. There are people here who have put their rigs under allot more strain and stress still on original tranny. I have driven GM trucks and cars for 25 years or more with either me, kids, or wife driving something GM. I honestly can say have never had a ride that did not last as long as we wanted it to. My 99 Silverado has almost 190,000 miles and it is not stock from day one. It will out run most average trucks or cars. It uses about 1/2 pint of oil in a 3000 to 4000 mile oil change. I drive it hard just like I did from the day i got it. It has air kit, tuning, and other stuff to make it run great. It run 10W30 Penn and is due a tranny fluyid change as well as rear-end grease. I have not run anything but ordinary fluids and that is because I believe in running what the rig has had in it if it is 30,000 miles or more. Basicaily whatevre it was broken in running and then stayed on that fluids.

I hope it all works out good for you Buddy. I would make it till you can buy new model diesel. although just going ahead and having the diesel conversion done now and drive it for a long time if the rig is setup like you want it.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks guys for all your input....

Something came to mind....I know some are running programmers, s/c and so on.....is it possible for my programmer to be bad and not know it? is there a way to test it? should I switch programmers, or maybe have the pcm built from scratch for my specific mods?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Hummer Authority

I would change programmer or get with Allen Nelson to load program on the PCM set to your specs. I'm yet to hear any complaint. His tunes have shipped to all the world. I know of nothern Europe and all by mail. Allen seems to get it right every time. Much of his success is from him having customer fill out a form so he can see what you use the tune for. Then follow up discussion to fine tune the program. You could as well tell him about your troubles with tranny failure and he may have some knowledge we do not.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
I would change programmer or get with Allen Nelson to load program on the PCM set to your specs. I'm yet to hear any complaint. His tunes have shipped to all the world. I know of nothern Europe and all by mail. Allen seems to get it right every time. Much of his success is from him having customer fill out a form so he can see what you use the tune for. Then follow up discussion to fine tune the program. You could as well tell him about your troubles with tranny failure and he may have some knowledge we do not.

TAZ

This sounds like a rewarding way to go - thanks Taz - do you have a link or email to get to him...pm me if neccessary.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Hum Good

Just go to Nelsonperformance.com.

He does allot of other things as well. He is a huge pickup truck tuning guy. That is how he got going years back along with making custom exhaust systems. He is San Antonio plus has a truck forum with his site. I go over ever so often as allot of the trucks are running the same motor etc. H2's run. I buy my higher boost pulleys from Allen because i know he will make them right or not make them at all.

TAZ