H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 03-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I've got two questions. I've been looking and looking and wanted to ask the forum members their thoughts on how much I should discount (or be willing to pay more for) a vehicle I am looking at if it doesn't include (or does include) the following items. (Keep in mind I am looking at 2001 and 2002 H1's right now.)

Winch vs No Winch
Leather Interior vs Cloth
Aluminum 17" wheels vs Double Beadlocked Steel
MTR's vs GSA
Standard Brushguard vs Over the Hood style Brushguard
Rook Rack

Is there any other "options" that don't come standard from the factory that one could've added when they ordered the vehicle new and which could skew the "true" resale value? I go to Edmunds and they indicate that the only options one could get on a 2002 is the winch and 17" aluminum wheels, whereas in 2001 it looks like there were over 12 line items of optional equipment-
Aluminum Wheels/Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror/Brushguard/Cruise Control(?)/Heated Windshield/Monsoon Audio System/Power Heated Mirrors/Rear Windown Defroster/Runflat Tire System/CTIS/Trailer Hitch/Winch

I assume all these things I mention above came standard on 2002 and newer H1's minus the aluminum wheels and winch...

The second question is this: I have seen two 2002 H1's, one is a Tenth Anniversary edition Wagon w/ 6,500 miles and fully loaded (offered at 69,000), the other is a Black/Gray Interior Wagon with 4,500 miles that has no winch, cloth interior, and GSA's (offered at 65,000). I was wondering what should be deemed reasonable for either of these two vehicles. Also, I would be interested in hearing what 01/02 H1's are going for at auction if someone has that info.

Thanks.
Hummer Professional

Ok, I've got two questions. I've been looking and looking and wanted to ask the forum members their thoughts on how much I should discount (or be willing to pay more for) a vehicle I am looking at if it doesn't include (or does include) the following items. (Keep in mind I am looking at 2001 and 2002 H1's right now.)

Winch vs No Winch
MTR's vs GSA
Rook Rack

Is there any other "options" that don't come standard from the factory that one could've added when they ordered the vehicle new and which could skew the "true" resale value? I go to Edmunds and they indicate that the only options one could get on a 2002 is the winch and 17" aluminum wheels, whereas in 2001 it looks like there were over 12 line items of optional equipment-
Aluminum Wheels/Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror/Brushguard/Cruise Control(?)/Heated Windshield/Monsoon Audio System/Power Heated Mirrors/Rear Windown Defroster/Runflat Tire System/CTIS/Trailer Hitch/Winch

I assume all these things I mention above came standard on 2002 and newer H1's minus the aluminum wheels and winch...

The second question is this: I have seen two 2002 H1's, one is a Tenth Anniversary edition Wagon w/ 6,500 miles and fully loaded (offered at 69,000), the other is a Black/Gray Interior Wagon with 4,500 miles that has no winch, cloth interior, and GSA's (offered at 65,000). I was wondering what should be deemed reasonable for either of these two vehicles. Also, I would be interested in hearing what 01/02 H1's are going for at auction if someone has that info.

Thanks.
Hummer Professional

Winch vs No Winch
MTR's vs GSA
Rook Rack

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

HUMMERDOGG,
The winch: the Warn winch is an expensive option, (around 3 grand) it includes the winch an upgraded springs. You have probably heard that the factory winch greatly effects the approch angle. I would rather buy a truck without a winch and intsall a milemarker, it costs less, is more relaible, and does not effect the approach angle.

Leather: leather can be put in an H1 for around a grand.

Wheels: The 17 two piece wheels are very popular, they are light, strong, and have lots of tires availible.

Tires: No matter which tires you get with your truck make sure that you will not have to replace them soon. The GSA's are crappy off road tires. I had GSA's on my truck when I got it and noticed that they had a VERY harsh ride. MTR's are great all around tires and they are cheap to replace, if you can find them.

Options: most of the options you mentioned can be added. There are few that you mentioned that I do not think can be added. They are: cruise control, CTIS can be added but it will cost about five grand.

Brushguards: In my opinon accesories will not add much value to the truck. There are people that will add the cost of accesories to the price of the truck that they are selling, but usually you will get a very minial return on ivestment of accesories. If someone added 12K of accesories I would only pay about 3-4K extra for that truck.

Price: The prices that you have mentioned for the 02 trucks is spot on. The tenth aniversiry truck is a very nice truck, it has a very nice interior, and comes with all the things you need to wheel it.

Have you looked at Lynch HUMMER's inventory? Lynch is the best guy to buy an H1 from, he's been in the business of H1's from the begining. Any truck you buy from Lynch will come at a reasonable price and will be FULLY serviced. A must when buying a used H1 (trust me I know). If you dont see what you are looking for on his website call down there, they usually have truck that arent on the inventory pages. And they are the nicest people, I have bought some stuff from them and have had the most positive experiences in my dealings with them.

-007=