Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 08-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who is going.....

to see World Trade Center? I'm just not sure how I feel about the movie. How does everyone else feel? My feelings are mixed, I think about Sept 11 and I want to cry, I can go through my steps that whole day, what I did, what I ate and what I had on. And I'm just some wife and mother that lives very far away from NY, yet I still can't wrap my head around the whole deal. I'm just still very stuned and pissed. I'm just not ready to watch a movie about it.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is going.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
to see World Trade Center? I'm just not sure how I feel about the movie. How does everyone else feel? My feelings are mixed, I think about Sept 11 and I want to cry, I can go through my steps that whole day, what I did, what I ate and what I had on. And I'm just some wife and mother that lives very far away from NY, yet I still can't wrap my head around the whole deal. I'm just still very stuned and pissed. I'm just not ready to watch a movie about it.

I'm still so f'ing angry that there are people trying cash in on your/mine/our pain. I don't think any 'entertainment' should be made until the fight is over and done. I can still feel the sting of tears and the trembling of rage from that day.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 08-11-2006, 04:38 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
No. I can't carry enough tissues...I'll watch it at home sometime when I can bawl my eyes out in private.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

All the reviews say it's gonna be an emotional and powerful movie. Having kids, I'll have to wait but definitely buy the DVD when it comes out.

I like Nicholas Cage. He's do the movie well.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

NO NO NO
Old 08-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrlvr
NO NO NO

X 53 brazilian

I'd rather throw my money at the feet of some hot stripper than go see any of Stone's goofy movies. Plus, if I'm lucky I'll get some stripper glitter rubbed on my private area.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

Lucifer is off the scale

Once was enough for me. But I'm always up for watching sand people get annihilated in the middle east. Isn't it about time for Iran yet?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Steve - SanJose

Rent the DVD.

S.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrlvr
NO NO NO
Can't imagine going to see that movie. I understand the premise behind it, but I think it's a decade or so ahead of time.

Just the "real" clips used brings my blood to a boil, raises the blood pressure, .....

Old 08-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
Once was enough for me. But I'm always up for watching sand people get annihilated in the middle east. Isn't it about time for Iran yet?
Yes. Then Syria, .....
Old 08-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a dumb CANOOK, and it still feels WAAY TOO SOON!!

It PAINS me that they made this movie already. I can't imagine how you, our brothers/sisters, in the United States must feel
Old 08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope not me. Entirely too soon.

To tell you the truth, ever since that day I find it hard to watch any violent movies. I had a hard time watching "War of the Worlds" because I could relate to the shock of the people when something came out of the ground and started vaporizing people. I understand that "world upsidedown catestrophic shock". Violence and bloodshed are not entertainment anymore because they are real to me now. I just try not to subject myself to it if I can help it.

When I was watching the news on September 11th it looked like a movie- unreal at first,- grasping that each fireball, collapse and jump were people's lives, mommies, daddies, sisters, brothers, friends and children. That my beautiful country was being attacked and the deephearted fear I felt for my family, friends and myself. I will probably opt to visit that day on my own terms, with my own memories and remember that it has taught me to cherish.

That day cannot be put into a couple of hours, nor can the following weeks, months and years following it. Let alone the brave that headed over there to live their own days to fight and give their lives to prevent it and bring what we knew to future generations and countries.

Save that movie for those future generations and those that were too young too grasp what we had to. So they will understand what happened and what it is to cherish.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad died on Aug 22, 2001 from a brain tumor. When Sept 11 happened all I could do was thank God that my dad did not have to see it all happen. I remember thinking when the 2nd plane hit the tower, this is really happening. I agree the movie is coming out too soon. I think that my kids will want to see it when they are adults so that they will understand what all us old folks are talking abouth when we say "remember when that......"
Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I will not be going to that movie. I think its way too soon and in poor taste. IF the movie studio donated all profits to an appropriate charity that might be a bit better, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

No, its too soon and just not right.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Frank2005 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Nope not me. Entirely too soon.

To tell you the truth, ever since that day I find it hard to watch any violent movies. I had a hard time watching "War of the Worlds" because I could relate to the shock of the people when something came out of the ground and started vaporizing people. I understand that "world upsidedown catestrophic shock". Violence and bloodshed are not entertainment anymore because they are real to me now. I just try not to subject myself to it if I can help it.

When I was watching the news on September 11th it looked like a movie- unreal at first,- grasping that each fireball, collapse and jump were people's lives, mommies, daddies, sisters, brothers, friends and children. That my beautiful country was being attacked and the deephearted fear I felt for my family, friends and myself. I will probably opt to visit that day on my own terms, with my own memories and remember that it has taught me to cherish.

That day cannot be put into a couple of hours, nor can the following weeks, months and years following it. Let alone the brave that headed over there to live their own days to fight and give their lives to prevent it and bring what we knew to future generations and countries.

Save that movie for those future generations and those that were too young too grasp what we had to. So they will understand what happened and what it is to cherish.

Very well said.

Nope. Not me either.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

No, That was the beguining of a a very tough time for me and my career.
Remember but no movie please.