Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > HUMMER Dealers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale
Thumbs down Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

Wow, here to report yet another bad experience at Sutliff. Apparently, their only decent sales person left for a managment position elswhere (I certainly don't blame him). Must be a sign of the condition of things up there.

Anyway, I contacted M. G., said I was ready to go on a purchase, get me the info. Well, two hours later, still no exact figures on the payments, and a refusal to discuss anything! "Don't worry buddy, we'll get it all taken care of when you arrive." I guess they expected me to just come in the door after driving over an hour, and sign away... That's just stupid. There's no way anyone should have to blindly go into the dealership, and then wait until the last moment for the final figures. It's quite a pressured sales technique. I complained about it on the phone, and he told me to go elsewhere and hung up! Wow, that was really ignorant... Also, I received quite a bit of resistance towards my GMID number. Thankfully, I refused to share it with them... And I dislike their addition of extras at the dealership that they refuse to remove. I made it clear the sissy chrome steps were not something I wanted. He said they'd talk about taking them off, and then when I called back, he told me that he thought I was unsure so didn't ask about it.

Anyway, I CANNOT recommend this dealership to anyone in Central PA. Service is always slow, the waiting area uncomfortable, the loaners are not Hummers or even Caddy's, and the sales department is the least customer oriented place I have ever experienced. You're probably better off visiting your local Caddy or Chevy dealer for routine things like oil changes, and visiting the dealer only when you need warranty work done. Even then, you might as well just travel to Scott, or NuCar. Armen might be better now, but during my last visit (before their new dealership, which is being built now?) the service was not so good. As a stand alone, perhaps things will improve there.