H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jimstepside is off the scale

I'm not very happy with the performance with my a/c. It has recently gotten very hot where I live, and just turned the a/c on for the first time on Monday and it pretty much sucks. Can't get any cooler than about 58-60 deg. Anyone else have or had the same problem? Any help?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

I'm not very happy with the performance with my a/c. It has recently gotten very hot where I live, and just turned the a/c on for the first time on Monday and it pretty much sucks. Can't get any cooler than about 58-60 deg. Anyone else have or had the same problem? Any help?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

lower than 58? I didn't even know it went that low...I never tried. That is cold as hell for me! I have been dealing with 90% humidity and 90 degrees up here and my air on 60 has been more than ok.

I know TXSUT has a pulsing in his A/C, but I think he got it all set.

Could it be time for a recharge on it?
Old 06-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

DRTYF? (the imposter) is off the scale

My truck is brand new and it sucks sometimes here as well.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Get by the disagreement and read this. It may help.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1131069121/p/1
Old 06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

My A/C felt week also and I had dealer look at it several times and they said eveything looks good. With learning that I went back to my thoughts of A/C can only lower the temp on average 20 degress from the ambient temp.
But I felt something was wrong.
Before I put the supercharger on I had already before for about a month had an electric fan that fits a 2005 chevy HD truck.
To My amasement the A/C would freeze You out of the rig. I asked the service manager what was gogin on. I had thought I had enough air flow already. He said well this had been a fix to Escalade's for poor air flow that hurt the A/C. He said that it was not a problem that occured very often.
Well it solved My problem so it may be the way to solve Yours. You can get the fan at eadperformance.com.
Then go to nelsonperformance and get the wiring harness that Allen has made for this fan to connect it to the H2. He gives instruction on how to connect it. You will need someone with aftermarket tuning software to turn the fan control in Your PCM and tell it what temp it turns on and off.
INstall is not very difficult if Your fairly handy. the bolts on thf an do not match the H2 so You drill new hole in fan that match. Put a rubber washer between metal and fan and then rubber washer between fan and bolt head to preven the fan shroud from craking . So far I have not heard a complaint on this setup and I love it. You will need to cut tranny cooling lines and take a section out to let the bottom corner of fan to fit into the spot where it locks in at. Just put rubber hose in the cut out section and clamp them down real good. I think like My problem it should solve Yours. I think that Hummer just does not want to recognize this problem with poor air flow through all the H2's. It does seem that it is a problem for some but, not for all. I got no answer from dealer why this is.
Hope this helps
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-12-2005, 09:52 PM

h2sin is off the scale

Out of all the vehicle I have driven in the past, H2's A/C has to be the worst one I just learned to deal with it since I love
everything else.

It does do its job with recirculate mode on but I strongly recommand not using it unless its absolutely necessary since it can cause a mildew smell(possible health risk?)over time
Old 06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

I'm glad that im not the only one with this condition. The air good, but it is not great, and I think it should be better. I will look into the electric cooling fans as an option.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Hummer Novice

GRZAH2 is off the scale

I just had my AC start blowing hot air took it to the dealer and they replaced the accumulator. Now it blows colder just not as cold as I have had in past vehicles.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I would recommend trying the eletric fan. It appears that with trany coolers etc. that there is not enough cool air moving over condenser coils of a/c. The electric fans move about 5000cfm if I remember right, which is way more than the stock fan. If that is the condition then it will just seem like not enough freon but if you do not bring down the temp of freon good enough coming through condensor you will not get cold air of the evaporator coil like you should.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife is always complaining that ours is too cold! We live in the So.Ca. desert where it gets up to 120 and I have never had a problem with it cooling down in a very short time. It's one of the best systems that we have had down here. Our Suburban take a good 10 mins. to cool down and the Corvette takes about 5 mins. The H2 is cooled down within a couple of minutes on a 95-105 day after sitting in the sun all day and maybe 5 mins. on a 110+ day.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

DavidAragon is off the scale

along this same line... Does anyone know if the A/C compressor runs when the A/C button isn't pushed or is not on AUTO? Usually, I just have it down on 60 without actually using AUTO or the A/C compressor...

I'd like to continue to do that but if I am indeed using my A/C anyway, I might as well use my recirulate or AUTO mode...

Thanks,
David
Old 06-22-2005, 07:36 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DavidAragon:
along this same line... Does anyone know if the A/C compressor runs when the A/C button isn't pushed or is not on AUTO? Usually, I just have it down on 60 without actually using AUTO or the A/C compressor...

I'd like to continue to do that but if I am indeed using my A/C anyway, I might as well use my recirulate or AUTO mode...

Thanks,
David </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Default for the system is A/C on. Unless you push the "Snowflake" button to cut it off, the compressor will run when called upon. When you push the button you'll see a "Snowflake" with a / through it telling you the A/C is off.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 AM

madcat is off the scale

RLTAZH2, can you post pics of your fan set-up?
I have a SC cooler if front and want to see if it will fit. Thx
Old 06-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

DavidAragon is off the scale

Thanks for the info, all this time I never noticed that line through the snowflake...

Thanks,
David
Old 06-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Regarding AC not getting cool enough -- -- I've found that using the recirculation button makes all the difference. This may be too obvious, but it works for me.

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 06-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

To add:

A properly working (read - airflow through the condenser coils and a properly charged and oiled system) R134a system will reduce the ambient air temp about 30 degrees at the air vent.

If you live in an arid and dry area like Arizona, there are many times where the outside ambient air temp is lower than the inside cabin air temp. (Example - when the outside ambient air temp is 110 degrees F, my inside cabin air temp can he as high as 130, according to the little thermometer clipped to my air vent. This is when my truck is outside in the sun for at least 3 hours in the afternoon)

In situations like this, running on recirculate actually ends up being less efficient than running on a non-recirc setting....hence the joke about Arizona residents finally getting cold air out of their A/C when they get to their destination.

A Spal or Flex-A-Lite fan will do wonders. I have a Spal add on fan for my A/C condenser and I get cold air all the time - even when I'm stuck in traffic.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Novice

ira is off the scale

TAZ,
my ac doesnt get cold enough.
where did u exactly install the fan?
could you send me some pics?
could i just manualy on and off the fan by switch when i need it?
thanks.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

i have noticed now that at a stop the AC will blow warmer when it is on Auto. But when I am driving it is much cooler.