H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 PM

visualghummer is off the scale

Black Lingenfelter Lux,

I like your Quick Fix... in fact, I'm working on getting that exhaust tomorrow...

And any good Air cleaner suggestions, would like to change that out as well, then down the road, headers too...

PhilD, thanks... it's going in for the 3,000 mile oil change, I'll tell the dealer to do it...

Regards,
Jim
Old 01-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

They know they have an issue with the air suspension. Mine was idling in my driveway and I was outside of it and it would continually air up and then air down. It's even done it after cutting the ignition off, apparently all night long as it ran the battery down.

They have new programming, some new sensor, etc. to do but I don't think they really know for sure why it does this.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:35 PM

paragon,

You're telling me they now have a Fix? did you get the fix?... Is there a SB on this issue and fix?

jim
Old 01-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dedo-man:
The tech's advising that they havent herd of this problem before! Im having a problem believing that one!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No kidding!!! What a total load of crap. There have been numerous TSBs on this problem. GM had to buy my first H2 back because of this very problem. So it's extremely unlikely your tech hasn't heard about it.
From looking at your picture it looks like you have a bad sensor.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-28-2004, 02:42 PM

DRTYFN,

They replace a couple of parts, ACM, sensors, etc... The Error went away after that, but the lean was still there... maybe not as bad, but still there.

After they adjusted the torsion bar, it level right out (at least that's what they said they adjusted)... no problem since...

So you got GM to replace your hummer because of this?... I was about to try that, had the lemon law documents on my desk ready to fill out. But they fixed in on the 4th time.. so I dropped it... but believe me, if it happens again, this Hummer is going to be labeled as a lemon ASAP...

how long did the whole process take?

jim
Old 01-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Banned

No new fix that I know of. Mine still airs up and down, just not as often. I keep complaining every time I go back and the dealership tries something new.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 PM

paragon,

So yours does the pummping up... then a few clicks(knocks) then a short release of air.. All random, never the same pattern of noises, right?

I'm actually going to record mine with a tape recorder, because the dealership never seems to be able to reproduce the issue/sounds. Next visit, I will have the recording in hand. But I'm prepared for them to say this is normal.

As in the programmer world, we call this a undocumented feature (real world, "A BUG" in the software).

jim
Old 01-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Banned

Actually mine is not that random, but that is exactly what it does. Last time I was in with it, I left it idling and we stood there for a few minutes and the Service Rep heard it cycle twice for no reason. There is no reason for it to cycle when the vehicle is just sitting there.

It's not normal. I have an XL Denali with rear air suspension and it only cycles when there are changes to the weight in the rear, ie adding a trailer or putting things in the back.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Banned

What kind of programming and where? Just out of curiousity
Old 01-28-2004, 04:41 PM

Paragon,

I totally agree... It's not normal.. I had a Expedition with air suspension, it would go days without clicking on... But if all the hummers do it, the dealer is going to say it's normal...

WRT: programming... I develop and maintain a few web sites... java, Cold Fusion, Php and python..

regards,
jim
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is doing the same thing. If I start it and get out and walk around I hear some clicking, than the compressor will kick on. While I am driving the compressor seems to go on for very short bursts like 3 or 4 seconds and then stop for a few seconds and than back on for 3 seconds. It's finally going in tomorrow morning for that , drivers seat memory, power fold mirror feature and an oil change.

S&B Member
Old 01-28-2004, 09:44 PM

Spike,

Can you post an update when you get yours back? Would love to know if they fix it...

jim
Old 01-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Hummer Guru

visualghummer,
Will do, hopefully I will get it back tomorrow sometime. I'll let you know either way.

S&B Member
Old 01-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Vis,
One thing that really helped smooth the way for my case was the fact that after 4 months of ownership my H2 was in the shop for 62 days. I was more familiar with my loaner than my own rig. The law states that more than 30 days of down time in one year qualifies the vehicle to be considered for lemon status. But you might want to check the lemon law requirements in your state.
My rig was one of a kind, but I still loved it. I love my second one even more. I haven't even shot off a mirror on this one yet.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Well just got back from the dealership. For the record it was not the dealership I bought my H2 from. They changed the oil, fixed the power fold mirror feature, they had to order a new power module for the front seat to fix the memory seat with Alzheimer's, and were unable to duplicate my complaint regarding the compressor running frequently. I will point it out to them again when I go back to have the seat module installed.

S&B Member
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 PM

TJ is off the scale

Let me just add that when you take your H2's in and if the dealer says they "can't reproduce the problem", it is very, very important to tell them about it and ask to have it fixed each and every time you take it in. I just cannot stress how important it is to get it all down on the paperwork. And if they don't have the problem listed on your paperwork when you go to pick your H2 up and just try to tell you about it instead, verbally intead of on paper, as happened to me at least a few times, then just tell them you'll take the loaner back and tell them to address the issue and call you when they've got it taken care of, or not taken care of as the case may be...just make sure that it is listed on the paperwork!!! "Cannot reproduce the problem" four, five, six times does not reflect well on GM if and when you ever need the lemon law.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:54 PM

alextruck is off the scale

Hi from Overseas, we fixed it today. Forget all the memories about the pcm or acm. The only thing which will fix it is to reinstall the rear sensors, mount on the frame of the axle. Dismount it and move the potenialmeters in every direction to clean it up. Reinstall it, bring the Truck in the right height with the axle on the ground, start the engine and the compressor will do his work, the service air suspension light go off and a dtc is set only in the history of the pcm. delay this with a scantool (not necassaery). The rear sensors are made of plastic ( not a joke) and when I will go out in the fields with my one, I have two spare part sensors in the trunk!!!!!!!
Best wishes to GM for installing 5$ Dollar Plastic goodies in a area where a rock or other things in offroad doin, not need much work to kill it. Maybe the next Generation (H3) has also plastic wheels, maybe there cheap to get in Mexico.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 PM

alextruck is off the scale

Check the "all time running compressor", start the engine, go off the truck, shut the door(s), and the air suspension will levelling the truck. If the airtank is fully loaded and the truck is levelled, the compressor shut down and you don't hear any air noises, maybe it levels for second or two again but then the compressor isn't running until you take a step at the sidebars or something which will unlevel the truck. This airsuspension is controlled by two seperatly mounted rear sensors, each side had it own, thats totally indepent and different to the other trucks, maybe the range rover are little familiar to this system. So "ken P" are on the right way with his comment, but when you check it like I discribe after a minute or so the compressor will be off. Send me the bucks for the "louder exhaust" you dont need, in my bank for this tricky tip!!!!!!!!!

Easter Greetings from Bavaria Germany, Oktoberfest State
Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 AM

alextruck,

Did you do this work yourself? Or did a dealership do this for you? If a dealership, did they have a tech bulletin on this issue?

jim