H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

RippSpeed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ultimate iPod adaptor and 10Min install

I had the peripheral electronics one ... I've had it installed for about 3 days and I've only noticed mine chiming 2 times ( what happens is the oil,battery, water temp and gas gauge goes to zero and the battery light comes on and a second later goes back to normal)... I'll see how it fares with a long trip to san francisco
Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devis1957
You're right, they have been saying that for a while. At least AI answers their e-mail, whatever good that does. They told me I would have to return via Interface Solutions.

If it was just an occasional chime, I could probably live with it. I just can not take losing all of my gauges at once.

The FM transmitter is looking better all of the time.

If you like the sound from a FM modulator then go for it....you may as well just listen to an old transistor radio since that is the sound quality you are gonna get. I like music waaaay too much to even think about crappy FM modulation.... I will definately live with an occasional light or quick trip of the gauges. Mine has been installed for nearly 3 months and it works fantastic other than the occasional incident, sure it would be great if they get the kinks ironed out but if they dont I have no problem living with it. I did a 3 hour drive yesterday (round trip) and it only chimed 1 time the entire ride.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

hummer.dad is on a distinguished road

I called Lynch Hummer the other day to see if they install adapters. They do and only recommended the Axxess ipod adapter. Told me to stay away from the Nucleus as it was causing problems in the trucks. Anyone here tried the Axxess?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVR 155
I.... I will definately live with an occasional light or quick trip of the gauges. Mine has been installed for nearly 3 months and it works fantastic other than the occasional incident, sure it would be great if they get the kinks ironed out but if they dont I have no problem living with it.

I agree 100% with you on this... I can put up with the bell every so often. The sound quality over an FM Modulator is so much better its not even fair to compair the 2 units.

I would recomend the AI unit over the PE one based on my experience with both units. HOWEVER, I would use the directions that are on the PE website on operation as they function the same (The AI unit directions suck, and that's a very nice way to put it)

I can also say that the bells are so random that I get mad at the unit because my heart skips every time I see a warning chime

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

OH.. and forgot to add... the unit works with the iPhone. Of course there is no hands free but it will pause the music and you can talk on the phone.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

The Ai and PE is the same unit AI makes them and just re-badges them for PE...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

Mine chimes at least 3 or 4 times an hour and the gauges go to zero at least once per day for a few seconds. When I first installed, it was only the chime and traction control light, now the list is growing.

I know that the sound is much better through the Nucleus, would never deny that, just don't want to take a chance of being stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for a tow truck.

This thing is messing with the Hummer's computer, otherwise the glitches would only impact the radio systems. Besides, you would not live with it if it came from the dealer with this problem.

It is unacceptable the amount of time that they have been promising a fix, especially after taking and continuing to take so many people's money for a known defective product.

Hopefully, there's not a lead paint issue to deal with as well..............

Last edited by Devis1957 : 11-16-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devis1957
Mine chimes at least 3 or 4 times an hour and the gauges go to zero at least once per day for a few seconds. When I first installed, it was only the chime and traction control light, now the list is growing.

I know that the sound is much better through the Nucleus, would never deny that, just don't want to take a chance of being stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for a tow truck.

This thing is messing with the Hummer's computer, otherwise the glitches would only impact the radio systems. Besides, you would not live with it if it came from the dealer with this problem.

It is unacceptable the amount of time that they have been promising a fix, especially after taking and continuing to take so many people's money for a known defective product.

Hopefully, there's not a lead paint issue to deal with as well..............

Atleast you can listen to some wicked tunes while you wait.

Disappointing news at the very least. Looks like I'll have to wait.

Or just go back to ripping my favorite IPOD tunes on to CD.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Heres an UPDATE!!! ipod troubler partners...

I've narrowed it down to a plug issue... When I was dropping the rig at the dealer. I wanted to swap back over to the stock tunning on my Hypertech tuner. And for some reason my hypertech was reading a DTC U1000 code. Which means the factory ecu couldnt find a control module ( which is the xm receiver)... And it was not letting me re-program the ecu to the factory tuning. But, after about an hour of trying. I said screw it they werent touch the ecu or doing any diagnostics on the rig anyway... So I brought it to the dealer with the Hypertech tune in the ecu...

So when I got the rig back home from the dealer later on that day ... I re-programmed it with the hypertech but I had to clear the 2 codes I had which was P0300 and U1000 ... The P0300 is a code for faulty or plug injectors. And the U1000 is for the xm control module. So what I did was take out the IPOD adaptor. Re-program the factory ecu with the hypertech and it went smooth no issues... And as I re-read the ipod factory manual. It stated that we had to insulate the wiring harness for the adapter. So what I did was wrap the harness in electrical black tape and re-installed the ipod adapter. And secured it to a stable spot in the dash with zip ties... And ever since then I've only had 2 lights in the past 3 days...

It seems to me that the actual plug going into the xm module is not secure as much as the factory wiring harness which causes the fault in the dash... What I need to do is find a better quality plug and try it out...
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road

When you remove the ipod adapter from the harness it loses its buffer memory so that when its pluged back in you get less errors. But give it some time they well come back. I to hope the fix is comming soon.

The errors that do happen don't harm the rig it would just be nice if they were gone.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim
When you remove the ipod adapter from the harness it loses its buffer memory so that when its pluged back in you get less errors. But give it some time they well come back. I to hope the fix is comming soon.

The errors that do happen don't harm the rig it would just be nice if they were gone.
but because of the adapter the factory ecu is throwing a U1000 code...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hay Rip Here my shocks.

Name:  IMG_0490.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0493.JPG
Views: 691
Size:  183.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0494.JPG
Views: 666
Size:  161.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0496.JPG
Views: 688
Size:  166.3 KB
Old 11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

just an update 6 days and a total of 4 lights now... yesterday I didnt get any lights at all ...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim

I was thinking of doing the truxx leveling kit and ordering the longer FOXs non-coil over shocks...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

You don't need the leveling kit you should have enough adjustment with the stock keys to level it out. I to looked at getting the Fox shocks. But to get them from Fox for the front they had to be custom made and aren't valved for the H2. If you go to Rod Hall Racing they have Fox shocks make a special Rod Hall Fox shock for the H2. They cost like $450 + per shock.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

FYI
to those people that doesnt know how to change your preset buttons on your navi to SEL SRC = 1 , HELP = 2, Prev Menu =3, Next Menu = 4, Select = 5 and Menu = 6 ... This is how you do it, select and press preset #2 and go press number #2 preset until SEL SRC is showing and its on CH1 ... Hold preset # 1 on your Navi until the name on your preset # 1 is changed to SEL SRC ... You do this will all the other buttons just remember to press the preset button number # 2 to find the name and channel ... Good luck

But as for the warning lights on and off issue... I found that the ipod interface is interferring with me being able to program my factory ecu with my hypertech programmer. And it throws codes U1000 and U0107 ... And because of it throwing these codes I cant re-program my factory ecu back to stock. So what I have to do is unplug the ipod interface and then re-plug in the factory xm plug to re-tune my ecu with the programmer. After I'mone reprogramming I re-install the ipod and re-install the glove box...

Its a pain in the butt to do that every time but I'm still under warranty and I have to return my tuning to stock everytime I go to the deal for service...
Old 12-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

I have the SuperChips FlashPac, and have no problem programing my ECU with the X2I pluged in.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

freytes2004 is on a distinguished road

It has been six months since I have been waiting on a fix . I finally got tired of my wife thinking we were going to break down everytime the pinball machine sounds went off in my hummer I took the unit out and threw it in the back.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

I took mine out about a month ago. I, too was afraid it would break down somewhere. Have not got a recent reply from AI as to the status of the next flash revision. Will update when I do.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

JoeHummer is on a distinguished road

Well I just called the guys for the first time. They say nothing new. It is their highest priority and they are working to get it fixed. He would not tell a time frame but told me they would do a swap out when the new units were completed. He told me to keep the paperwork and receipt as he would need that for the swap.

So I keep using it and watch the light display. Praying they will fix it soon.