H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-20-2004, 03:06 PM
HummMe

Thanks Klaus.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just called the Hummer dealer in Richmond and asked if they could get the TNR, PN 10377531 for my 03 H2. He says the part number is not any good. Since this is the number that most are using, what gives? Is this guy just wrong? Or is there a GM Delco distributor that I should try.
Thanks,
Wendell
Old 11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

The NAV unit cannot be bought at the dealer. You can only get them from ACDelco distributors. Two of them are:

http://www.specmo.com

http://modelelectronicsinc.com/home.htm

I bought mine from the second link (Model). Beware that these places are not keen on selling to individuals, so their prices are all over the map when you call.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Klaus,
I was able to order the TNR from Model without to many problems. It is on back order now, but should be in to them in the next day or two.
They said the did not carry the XM module or the disc. I called Specmo and they say only dealers can get those items. I will be at the Hummer dealer near me tomorrow and will talk to them about getting the XM module and disc. Any other thoughts? Thanks, Wendell
Old 11-23-2004, 06:34 PM

H2Chuck is off the scale

Klaus, When you installed TNR did you happen to take any pics of the VSS and the pin out/in on instrument cluster or do you have the info for that if you hooked it up and did the wire come with it ?
Old 11-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Hummer Guru

H2ummer,

It is really amazing to watch those ACDelco distributors. The last person that tried to buy one from them had no luck with Model, but had success with Specmo. Go figure...

The XM Radio Kit, GPS Antenna, and the NAV DVD are GM parts and can be ordered from the dealer, GMPartsDirect.com, or even through "partsguy" here on the site (he works at a dealership). Here are the part numbers:

12498768 - XM Radio Kit

10390370 - NAV DVD Disc

15135178 - NAV GPS Antenna

Be aware that GMPartsDirect.com's shipping is expensive, and their return policy is bad (special order items cannot be returned). See if "partsguy" here can give you a better price. He's helped me out in the past.

H2Chuck,

Sorry, I didn't take pictures when I connected the VSS, as I did it when I installed the CD Changer. I'll try to get you more info on that, however. If you are not doing the Changer, I'd still order the Changer Cable, GM part number 15312903. Two of the wires are not used on this cable when adding a Changer to the H2, so they can be cut off. The wire with the connector can then be added to the radio connector for the VSS.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:11 PM

H2Chuck is off the scale

Ok Thanks Klaus if you can get the info just e-mail and again i appreciate it !
Old 11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Klaus.
I think you used the GPS antenna from your Onstar System. Is the 15135178 model, from the 2005 Hummer and just the GPS antenna and not part of Onstar?
Also, once you install the TNR, do you have to have the dealer program your VIN into it?

Wendell
Old 11-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Hummer Guru

Wendell,

From the factory, the NAV system has its own GPS antenna, mounted in the dash. From the factory, the OnStar GPS and the NAV GPS are separate units.

Remember, I was one of the first to do this setup. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just add a magazine type changer and mount it in the console or under the seat, saving the OnStar. It would have been a lot easier!

About the Theftlock... When a new radio is installed, the first time it is powered up, it "learns" the VIN of the vehicle. After that, each time it is powered up, it compares VIN of the current vehicle with the "learned" VIN number. If they don't match, the unit displays "Theftlock Activated" and will not power up. Therefore, if you buy a new unit, just plug it in and you are good to go. However, if you buy a used unit, you will have to get a dealer connect his Tech2 tool to command the radio to "relearn" the VIN from the current vehicle.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks Klaus. I just sent Partsguy a PM.
Were did you put the XM module? I currently have my Pioneer XM module under the rear seat. I suppose I could put it there.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Hummer Guru

H2ummer,

The factory XM Kit Tuner is mounted behind the glovebox. PM your email address to me, and I'll send my install doc to you.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Great. You have a PM.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Got it. Looks great Klaus.

Wendell
Old 01-10-2005, 10:39 PM

H2 Passion is off the scale

Hi,

I have the 04-H2 Non-Lux amp.
i have 6 cd changer and i want to replace it with the 03 or 04 DVD screen navigator from the dealer. I am not using the on-start service, So i want to add the 6 CD Changer from the Escalade in the OnStar location.

I like to know also if the new 05-Navigator has DVD feature, if not, which one is the latest and suitable DVD navigator to buy.

I need to know what parts i need and how to do it.

I remember that i saw in this forum someone did this installation but i wasn't able to find it again.

Any help, pls ?

Elie
Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

Just do a find for Nav and Klaus. He's about covered all the basis on Nav/cd/xm including p/n's, etc.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Elcova Newbie

Black2003H2 is off the scale

Klause,
On line 12 of the Factory XM installation document it refers to unplugging the power & ground wires from the 12-pin connector & attaching directly to the posts? Is this a correct interpration because in the following instructions, we are instructed to attach these wires directly into the 4-pin harness connector. Can you clarify how/where the power wires go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
I used the factory GM XM Kit. PM your email address, and I'll send you my install doc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Guru

What you are doing is removing the wires/pins from the connector, and replacing them with wires/pins from the harness that comes with the XM Kit.

The pins have a release catch that will allow you to pull the pin/wire out of the connector when depressed. I used a small jeweler's screwdriver. Take a look at the pins on the XM harness to get an idea how it works.

The wires/pins that you removed from the factory connector will be reinstalled in the 4-pin connector supplied in the kit in step 14.

Clear as mud, right?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

RJD is off the scale

Hi,

Just recently joined the forum after reviewing the discussion topics for some months. Great info!!!

I have some questions on upgrading my factory in dash Radio with six disc CD to the 05 TNR, specifically Part 10377287 for an 04 H2, with Y91 Bose NON LUX Amp. I have searched through the 05 Touch Screen Nav discussion and cannot find these questions asked or answered in the past. I would appreciate if anyone who has performed the upgrade could answer the following questions:

1. Is the volume level of the vehicle's chimes still controlled by the 05 TNR as it currently is with the six disc CD Radio?
2. Are the Radio station presets still retained in memory (Vehicle Personalization) for each driver (Driver 1 & 2) when upgrading to the 05 TNR?
3. When setting preset stations with the 05 TNR, (as with the factory six CD whenever you press a numbered pushbutton, the station you set will return and the equalization that you selected will be automatically stored for that pushbutton and for that driver) will the same be true and the equalization be retained for each driver's selection?.

Thanks,
RJD
Old 03-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

I need Help! I have the Equipment but dont know where to mount the Nav antenna?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by md_sailor:
I need Help! I have the Equipment but dont know where to mount the Nav antenna? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What year H2 do you have and exactly what equipment are you installing? The nav antenna is mounted under the dash plastic but has to be altered to work if you're installing in '03 or early '04 with Lux amp.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

I have a Loaded '03 with y91 Lux Package. I have the '05 Touch screen, Under dash Antenna and v3.0 Disc. I dont know were to mount the Antenna under the dash. Another Note...Does anyone have the Tech 2 procedure for clearing the codes? I went to 3 different GM dealerships today and they all looked at me like I had two heads? Does anyone know if there is a Site with exploded views of the Dash? I got it half way apart and ran into a brick wall on getting it open far enough to acces forward under the dash? Guys ...thanks in advance for helping a newbie out here!