Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 09-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Multipurpose Jeep J8

Quote:
Back in uniform

While all eyes are on Frankfurt this week, Jeep has unveiled the Jeep J8 at the 2007 DSEi (Defence Systems & Equipment International) show at the ExCel complex in London. The Jeep J8 is a multipurpose 4x4 vehicle specifically designed for military duty, be it for active or civilian government use.
In a recent spy photo article about the upcoming SEMA show Jeep JT Concept, readers Molotov and smokeonit1 pointed out that the test car was actually the J8 and we can now clearly see they were spot on! Thank you for the input!
Jeep's roots can be traced back to the Willys MA from 1941 which, according to Eisenhower, were a key factor in winning the second World War. The Willys evolved into the Wrangler, and today Jeep brings its next evolutionary step named the J8. The J8 is based on the new Wrangler Unlimited, but with a reinforced frame, leaf-spring rear suspension system, snorkel to allow a 762mm submersion and heavy duty bumpers with tow eyes for helicopter transportation.
Power comes from a 2.8 liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel (118 kW / 158 hp) and has 400 Nm torque with a towing capacity of 3500 kg, payload can mount up to 1339 kg. The J8 will be available as left-hand-drive and right-hand-drive, as a two-door with extended pick-up bed or four-door multipurpose vehicle and if its destination is the front line the J8 is fully armour capable.
Thomas Hausch, Vice President – International Sales: “The new Jeep J8 marks the brand’s return to vehicle production for military and civilian government use.” Production will take place in Cairo, Egypt and the Jeep J8 will be available starting spring 2008.
Name:  9070914.001.1M.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  109.4 KBName:  9070914.001.Mini2L.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  145.6 KB
Name:  9070914.001.Mini4L.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  148.7 KB
Press Release

Quote:
Iconic off-roader returns to its historic roots with multipurpose vehicle
Chrysler LLC today unveiled the Jeep J8 multipurpose vehicle at the 2007 Defence Systems & Equipment International (DSEi) military trade show, making the legendary vehicle available for reenlistment in active military service.
“Jeep vehicles made their original debut in 1941 for military duty, and have built their reputation with more than 65 years as the world’s benchmark for off-road capability and versatility for civilian and military vehicles,” said Thomas Hausch, Vice President – International Sales, Chrysler LLC. “The new Jeep J8 marks the brand’s return to vehicle production for military and civilian government use – the same capability that makes the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited famous also makes the Jeep J8 a truly multipurpose vehicle.”
With the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as the starting point, Jeep engineers increased its capability and versatility. The frame of the Wrangler Unlimited is reinforced for increased ruggedness and to allow greater payloads – up to a maximum of 1,339 kg (2,952 lbs.). Axles, brakes and suspension components are engineered specifically for more demanding military and civilian government use, including utilising a leaf-spring suspension system in the rear. The J8’s Command-Trac® four-wheel drive system allows maximum versatility and performance in both on- and off-road conditions.
The Jeep J8 is powered by a 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 118 kW (158 hp) and 400 Nm (295 lb.-ft.) of torque, providing towing capability of up to 3,500 kg (7,716 lbs.). The engine is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission. The J8 also features a unique air-intake system with special filtration and a hood-mounted snorkel that enables the J8 to wade in water up to 762 mm (30 in.) deep and tackle sandstorm conditions for up to five hours.
Available as a two-door with an extended pickup bed for personnel or equipment transport, or a four-door multipurpose vehicle, it may be produced with numerous vehicle-body and seating configurations in either right-hand- or left-hand-drive.
While not designed for front-line combat operations, the Jeep J8 is fully armour capable and excels in a variety of duties ranging from command vehicle to troop/cargo carrier, ambulance, communications vehicle and other duties – also making it suitable for civilian government applications. Heavy-duty bumpers with tow eyes allow the Jeep J8 to be easily transported by aeroplane or helicopter.
The Jeep J8 will be produced in a Chrysler LLC joint-venture facility in Cairo, Egypt, and will be available in spring 2008.
Which probably means none for you.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale
Default Re: New Multipurpose Jeep J8

Nice...

However, it looks to much like the JK... Like the Diesel however.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

doesnt look like it has much ground clearance in those photos...also whats with the street radial tires?

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
doesnt look like it has much ground clearance in those photos...also whats with the street radial tires?
It's probably for the French. The usually retreat on pavement.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Manufactured in Egypt?

I wish I could have added that in the H2 Tribute Video. But I was able to put Saddam in one so it still rings true.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Manufactured in Egypt?

I wish I could have added that in the H2 Tribute Video. But I was able to put Saddam in one so it still rings true.

Dont forget to put in Kadaffi riding shotgun