H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

intimidator is off the scale

hey vegas great install the only problem i see is that if you have a problem with the sunroof while under warranty it gives the dealer an out.and i know those sunroof repairs can get very expensive.so to solve this problem i would try to connect the module in a manner so that it can be removed easily if you have a sunroof problem. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:05 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by intimidator:
hey vegas great install the only problem i see is that if you have a problem with the sunroof while under warranty it gives the dealer an out.and i know those sunroof repairs can get very expensive.so to solve this problem i would try to connect the module in a manner so that it can be removed easily if you have a sunroof problem. just my 2 cents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct, but after installing this it would be about a 10 minute job to remove it.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Just installed it!! It works great! It took all of 20 minutes after I figured out that the console has phillips screws and not torx!
Thanks again LasVegas, this was a great find.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Bill:
Just installed it!! It works great! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you like it. Really a upgrade for little money plus easy install.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

finbox is an unknown quantity at this point

Las Vegas,

With your mod will it open to the first stop or all the way open?

Thanks,

Finbox
Old 02-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Opens all the way. If to touch while it's traveling it stops there.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Mine actually opens to the first stop and then one more touch all the way open. Mine's an '03.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

That is how the factory one in the 05 works. Damn I felt special driving an 05 with this mysterious feature. You guys are ruining this for me
Old 02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Hummer Professional

'89 anything to ruin your day!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:02 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89vette:
You guys are ruining this for me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehehehehehehehe
Old 02-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

mmayo is off the scale

Great mod!!! Got mine yesterday & installed it this morning - piece of cake!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mike (by the beach) is off the scale

Thanks for the great find -- I got it from ebay for $30 + $6 shipping.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Bill:
Mine actually opens to the first stop and then one more touch all the way open. Mine's an '03. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really strange Bill. I read my '03 manual & it talks about the first "convenience" stop but mine has never had that and most don't as far as I know. I wonder if yours was a late year '03 with some '04 features?? Still doesn't explain what's in my manual. That's Hummer...like nothing else!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Actually mine is an early '03 I bought it in July of '02. VIN 913.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

Hey Bill I have an 04 and it has the different stop positions. Didn't know it till I read this post. Tried it last night on the way home it goes back further each time you hit the button. I will be installing my auto-loc this afternoon I will see where it stops.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

Just put it in and works great. Thanks again LV great find . Bill it still stops at 1st convenience stop press again and goes to second stop.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Hummer Professional

FEVER, that's exactly what it's supposed to do! It is a very cool and inexpensive mod.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:35 PM

Fever & Bill. This really has me stumped. See my prior post where my manual says there are "convenient stops" but mine has never done that. Do you suppose it's a programming thing???? Any ideas from anybody would be appreciated.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sunroof Description and Operation
Power Sunroof System Components
The power sunroof system is a tilt/slide style, consisting of the following components:

Sunroof actuator, control module included
Sunroof switch
Sunroof window
Sunshade
The rail and track assembly upon which the sunroof window rides
Power supply for the sunroof actuator motor and Retained Accessory Power (RAP) relay: SUNROOF 25 A fuse
Ground G203
Power Sunroof Operation
The power sunroof will operate with the ignition switch turned to Accessory or RUN. Once the ignition switch is turned to OFF, from RUN, the sunroof will continue to operate until any door is open or when the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) has timed out. For a complete description of the RAP operation, refer to Retained Accessory Power (RAP) Description and Operation in Retained Accessory Power.

Use the rocker type sunroof switch to command the sunroof to :

Open
Closed
Vent
Pressing the sunroof switch rearward, the sunroof window will slide from:

Vent position to the closed position
Closed position to the open position
Pressing the sunroof switch forward, the sunroof window will slide from:

Open position to the closed position
Closed position to the vent position
To Slide Open
The slide open function will work when the sunroof window is in the closed or partially open position. To slide open the power sunroof, press and hold the sunroof switch rearward. This will apply an input to the sunroof actuator motor from the sunroof switch open contacts through the sunroof switch open signal circuit. The constant input, allows the sunroof actuator motor to control the opening of the sunroof window. From the closed position the sunroof window will lower slightly, then slide open, rearward, with the sunroof sunshade between the roof and the headliner, stopping at the comfort stop position.

From the comfort stop position, an open request will slide the sunroof window approximately (1 in) 2.54 cm further open. The next open request will slide the sunroof window completely to the full open position.

To Close
To close the power sunroof from the:

Open position -- press and hold the sunroof switch forward. This will apply an input to the sunroof actuator motor from the sunroof switch close contacts through the sunroof switch close signal circuit. The sunroof switch close input at the sunroof actuator motor needs to be constant, switch pressed, allowing the sunroof actuator motor to control the motor to drive the sunroof window forward, until it reaches the closed position. To close the sunshade, this will have to be manually slid closed.
Vent position -- press and hold the sunroof switch rearward. This will apply an input to the sunroof actuator motor from the sunroof switch open contacts through the sunroof switch circuit. The sunroof switch open input to the sunroof actuator motor needs to be constant, switch pressed, to allow the motor to tilt the sunroof window down to the fully closed position.
To Vent Open
To open the power sunroof to the vent position from the closed position, press and hold the sunroof switch forward. This will apply an input to the sunroof actuator motor from the sunroof switch close contacts through the sunroof switch close signal circuit. The sunroof switch close input to the sunroof actuator motor needs be constant, switch pressed, to allow the sunroof actuator motor to control the motor to tilt the rear of the sunroof window upward to the vent position.

Limit Switches
The limit switches are within the sunroof actuator motor and supply data. The multiple data combinations allow the sunroof actuator motor to track the position of the sunroof window.

Sunroof Actuator Motor
The sunroof actuator motor contains the logic and is serviceable as one unit.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Limit Switches
The limit switches are within the sunroof actuator motor and supply data. The multiple data combinations allow the sunroof actuator motor to track the position of the sunroof window.

Sunroof Actuator Motor
The sunroof actuator motor contains the logic and is serviceable as one unit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks P. Now I'm really confused.