H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-13-2003, 06:26 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

I used a pair of 90 degree pliers to squeeze a couple of the clips from the back with the hood open and pushed it loose. Once one clip is loose, just push/pull it out gently and the others will pop out easily.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I saw it in your previous post, easy for you to say, just pull it off.
I PULLED and IT is not OFF. Surely I can pull harder, guess they won't break?
Will try again.

I manage the finances and investment of several clubs and lodges I belong to, its volunteer no pay services, and after all these years I am getting tired of doing them. I can't get other members to take over, I tried to explain the numbers and accountings, it is so simple and easy, but I cannot understand why most of them do not understand the numbers. It is just like me trying to pull that plastic off the Hummer.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

OK, I got the cover off, just pulled it hard. I even got the grill off but can't get it OFF without the brush guard off.
I can't get the 4 big screws (guard) to move. I am off to a local gas station, they must have the air driven tools to take the guard off in one minute. I'll just pay the guy to do it. Ya gotta have the right tool.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:18 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

I just removed and reinstalled my grill and replaced my chrome grill with the black in less than 40 minutes and all I used was ratchet and two sockets and a pair of pliers.

Pictures tomorrow when I get some in good light.

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

All it took was $10. I won't mess with with it again, just pay the guy to do it. It was as stupid as trying to be your own lawyer in the court.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Raining this morning and will rain heavy again tonight, so I didn't wash the big black beautiful Hummer. But it is very negro now, me much like.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2003, 06:41 PM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Looks great Mac. You know what the funny thing is? If our H2s only originally came with the colored grills we would all be going crazy over the "new for 04" chrome grills.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, I don't know about that. It appears most on this board hate chrome. I don't know why GM ever put a chrome grill on there in the first place. All H1's obviously have same colored grills so I'm not sure who missed the design cue.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

It has been proven again and again that chrome is popular in the US. The first thing European auto makers do when sending their cars over is to add lots of chrome. There were cases some cars were introduced here with black grill and black window frames ended up failure. Another example is to look at the ebay Hummer parts and acessories, 99.999% of the items are chrome, the basic law of supply and demand made it so. Businesses don't make the mistake of selling chrome when majority of buyers want black, if they did, businesses correct the mistakes promptly.

I think chrome or tons of chrome look nice, I have no negative opinion about them, just not for me. If suddenly everyone loves black and go solid black, then I'll have to rethink my taste and change my taste to all chrome. It is to my benefit that most people love chrome and stay that way.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, you're right and wrong. Chrome is popular on most cars but not a Hummer. Obviously suddenly everyone did like black (or same color grills) because GM offered them after only 1 year of H2 sales. That tells me that had some focus groups telling them to dump the chrome and they did (I know color is an option not standard)? Yes, most accessories for the H2 are chrome, however, the dealers I have been to have told me they can't move it (chrome accessories) at all. The change has arrived. Several folks on this board have even blacked out their wheels and those are aluminum!

I will admit though I saw the new Chevy sports car (replacement for the camaro) and it had brushed aluminum door handles that looked very nice. The added touch brought the appeal of that car up significantly for me. So, chrome for some just not Hummers.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I have the same dilemma buying hand guns, chrome or black, black or chrome. The basic rule for me is solid black everything, but them those stainless steel barrels are so beautiful.

I have not looked at eBay site for Hummer for many months, did it today, all 30+ pages, I am glad to report I have no black accessories to buy. Almost everything is chrome, saved a lot of time and money for me.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:28 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Now Mac.. I'm going to take a chance. ( MIght get yelled at again. I carry Kimbers for work and off duty.. My primary is a Pro CDP witht eh upper in brushes chrome and lower anidized(sp) Louisiana Pimp blue.. thought I was going to get a Blue vet .. Instead I got the red H2.. So my back up /off duty is a Ultra CDP, the upper is bright chrome and the lower is H2 Hummer Red.

Ok . Jump on me.. I know they are Pimp daddy but I like them.. Oh just so they can rally jump on me My Glk 22 was hard chromes and the lower was aztec yellow to match my S2000, with flames... Ok go!

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
I have the same dilemma buying hand guns, chrome or black, black or chrome. The basic rule for me is solid black everything, but them those stainless steel barrels are so beautiful.

I have not looked at eBay site for Hummer for many months, did it today, all 30+ pages, I am glad to report I have no black accessories to buy. Almost everything is chrome, saved a lot of time and money for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I do not jump on nor yell at real or fake cop or pimp or pimp daddy with guns. You guys go ahead, I'll watch.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:29 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Mac, what would be the point in selling say Aftermarket Black Side vents to replace your standard black side vents.

Now if the standard ones were chrome, maybe you'd see something different on eBay

------------------------------
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:42 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I am pretty sure those are mostly professional sellers of fancy super shiny chrome accessories. BTW, my chrome grill is for sale on eBay, so you guys hold your fire, wait a week before you list your chrome grill so we don't flood the market; so far my chrome grill is the only grill. Thanks. Maybe I'll get $1000 for my chrome grill, you think?
Old 12-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dick Renaud is off the scale

Centerfire,
The only thing wrong with your choices is that you make a greate target.
I like the all black stealth look. All my Glocks are BLACK.
I do have a satin S&W 4006 and a S&W 340 in matte silver.
Black or Pewter and Black work best for me.

But we will always be able to find you.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:14 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

Thanks.. I don't mind being a target for googd clean fun.. I've been around firearms for over 30 years.. I've been in the firearms business since 1985.. I have to have the pimp guns made just to keep interested in the business.. Plus I usually have a pimp daddy gun made to see what kind of response I get.. Rarely do I get someone to have the balls to give me any real input if they don't like it.. I do happen to like my Hummer Red CDP.. I did the Yellow Glock with flames and the previous GOld plated Glock strictly too see if anyone would make a negative comment to my face. Sone folks just ain't no fun.. Most people liked the ugly SOB's..
Hell years ago we had an AK47 chrome plated and sold for 3 times what it was worth.. As a joke we took a nasty Jennings , glued some sites on the side and put a laser on it.. I had the guys put it on display for an absolutely nutty price.. We had people try to buy the damn thing.. So if yo pick on my pimp daddy guns doesn't bother me at all.. In fact if you aren't carefull I just may start posting pix of them and put them in the H2 section rather then the unrelated spot.

YOu all have a safe and Happy Holiday

It's bedtime fore us old folks.

Mike
Old 12-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

I would like to see pics.
Now that I am an old fart PI I have to keep a low profile with the black Glock. I work in Detroit alot and the bright flashy guns make a good target for the gang bangers and stoners.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

Although this really does not compliment my sealth H2 theme I just had to have this 500 from S&W's Performance shop.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa Sport.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

Mods & Pics

Old 12-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Now that would be great in Detroit. They would drop thier MAC-10s and run and hide.
Actually, two of those would look cool. One slung over each sholder. I might have to get back in uniform for that.