H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-23-2003, 08:27 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

This isnt ugly argonaut, its just the way it is People have had this discussion for a long time.

Steve called some guys out and when you do that some are going to come. I think this is normal and healthy. Anyone who has spent the weekend on the trail with different "brands" has played the game. It kinda sounds like a challange.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I invited some of them to join us on our upcoming White Mountain event...we'll see what happens....

I watched the Disco's and can honestly say that they are entirely in a different catagory from the H2 in terms of capability. Their track is too narrow and their butts hand-out too far. They were all over the place, very poor side-slope and mediocre articulation: could not keep up with me, not even close! Even their modified couldn't match me.

Given all the slams we've taken from Disco owners in the past....I'm laying this issue to rest. No comparison, the Hummer whooped the heck out of them all today, hands down, iron-clad, done-deal.

Great guys, nice vehicles, but the question still stands......who's next? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to see and participate in a gathering of all types of rigs and see how they all do.

Being the owner of a Hummer, and spending a weekend with some disco's, I PERSONALLY dont see things the way Steve saw them. The guys I went with rocked and their rigs impressed me greatly(the modified ones even made one hill I couldn't). Sufice to say I have much respect for the LR badge. This may be due to my poor driving skills or inexpierence but I felt they were a good match.

I would love to see an event put togather where we could put the keyboards away and have some fun What do ya think
Old 09-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I am patiently reading these posts.

It's still quite civilized...no need to jump in....just yet.....

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-23-2003, 09:31 PM

scrover is off the scale

"..well here's what we think of all you rover owners. Just a bunch of well to do smart business people out to have a fun time in a good truck.."

Thanks, I've never been called a well to do smart business person before, especially not on a first date.

In reality, it's generally the opposite. Half of the Rover owners I know couldn't afford an H2. We buy older Land Rovers at rock-bottom prices (because of their reliability issues) and commit to fixing them, often on a weekly basis in order to "have a fun time in a good truck.."
It's a hobby and a passion, I'm not sure if you guys understand that.

"Some people just can't handle the truth!!!"

What's the truth here? The one H2 owner I met and wheeled with in the past was very courteous and respectful when joining one of our trips. I was impressed with the H2 and his ability - all class. So, I was quite excited to be wheeling with another H2 this last weekend. I had no doubt in the H2s ability, contrary to this owner's belief that we were all so amazed that he 'made it'. I would have been disappointed if he hadn't made the climb. The disappointment came when he opened his mouth and heckled the crowd like some white trash teenage jeepster.

The truth is, my 9 year old daughter could have dragged that fat ass (the H2s, not Steve's) up the hill, scrapping and banging on any piece of dirt bigger than a mole hill, and she can't see over the dash. Don't kid yourself Steve, it was 100% vehicle, 0% skill - all class, NOT!

Not content with just 'making it', Steve had to delay the departure of the group of 30 trucks (of which he was a guest) further by continuing the arrogant ego-fest even after our trip leader had called for us to get ready to roll. So up he went again and down again like a deranged yo-yo, oh wait, he's going up back-wards - cool.

It's not very often that we see H2s out on the trail or have the opportunity to invite one to join us. This isn't the sort of behavior we expect to see.

I guess my take on the events are not quite as dramatic as the original post, oh well. It was still a fun day in the dirt.

Steve
Old 09-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrover, the only thing I don't like about Land Rovers is that Ford owns them and I am a GM guy but that's about it, otherwise, I think they're quite capable, comfortable off-road vehicles. I did go out with one brand new disco that rather easily clawed up a hill. I was rather impressed as it did it quite effortlessly. Later in the day the disco did lose it's traction control and was grounded in terms of the rough stuff but I think that can and will happen to any of us.

As far as your comment about 0% Steve I would have to disagree. I have gone out with Steve now 3 times and EVERY time I have had difficulty in one area or another where he did not. I did get stuck at White Mountain as well 2 weeks ago and Steve winched me out from the top. It's possible that he loosened up the slope as he tore up it but I would have to say it was primarily driver skill to get up that sucker. I am amazed at what the H2 will do but don't think just anyone can jump behind the wheel and make it do tricks as I am sure is the same with rovers.

We hope to see some of you guys this Sunday.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrover,
After all of the **** H2 owners have taken about the Tahoe frame, lack of 4xing ability and whatever else some ignorant SOB whats to spout off about the H2s maybe you can get a tiny bit of understanding as to why Steve rubbed it in just a little bit. Personally, it sounds a little like sour grapes that the whipping child(H2, not Steve) rose up and showed it's true colors and spanked your ass good for you. The crack about your daughter driving was really a lemon sucker.
Try to remember that we are ALL out there to have fun together.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:55 PM

Drag is off the scale

Steve, all I have to say is

"Mr. Burns voice ON"

Exxxxcelen, Smithers!

"Mr. Burns voice OFF"

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"
Old 09-23-2003, 10:27 PM

scrover is off the scale

"Steve, all I have to say is

"Mr. Burns voice ON"

Exxxxcelen, Smithers!

"Mr. Burns voice OFF" "

That's probably funny, I just don't know who Mr. Burns or Smithers are

OK, let's give Steve the benefit of the doubt and assume some off-road skills exist. I also acknowledge the **** that gets flung at the H2 from all sides - I've read a few choice posts on this board - some quite funny, others just not. What I didn't and still don't understand is why Steve chose our group to fling the **** back at. You don't get invited to a party and then tell the host the party sucks 'cause you have a bigger house. As I stated, I have no doubt in the H2s ability. I just expected a little more from the driver. And, for the record, NOBODY spanked my ass

"It's possible that he loosened up the slope as he tore up it but I would have to say it was primarily driver skill to get up that sucker."

The skill is not to tear up the trail, not to give anybody a reason to close yet another trail, not to say "I'm going to take my Hummer and eat that hill up like it's my bitch!!!!....my H2 is gonna grind, claw and gnarl her way to the top with no problems at all. I will own that hill." You're wrong on that. There is NO skill in doing that.

"Try to remember that we are ALL out there to have fun together" your words, but I have to agree.

Steve
Old 09-23-2003, 11:05 PM

jetson is off the scale

Hello All - new member and new to offroading. For the record, I own a 99 Disco with 84,000 miles on it and I have just started to play off road. I've always had the itch, but never managed my time well enough.

I looked seriously at the H2 when it first came out. I thought hard about selling my honda and disco because I love the look of the H2. Unfortunately, this economy and the resale value of the disco wouldn't allow it (yes, the $42,000 Land Rover wouldn't even sell for $15,000).

I think it's important to remember humility and "sportsmanship", for lack of a better term. I have been joining some younger folks off road and basically just watching them play in the mud with their weekend trucks. The thing that struck me is that they immediately dismissed the landrover as an expensive, barely capable vehicle made for soccer moms - sound familiar?

I wouldn't try to keep up with those folks because they drive fast and wreckless - not really that concerned with the damaging trails or their vehicles.

I've been mostly impressed with Steve's posts, videos, etc. on discoweb - albeit without knwing him personally. He seemed cool and knowledgable. I can also understand that a lot of ribbing from the anti-H2 crowd may have fuled some hostility and given hime the "go-ahead" to rub some noses.

No harm done really - he accomplished something that the other drivers couldn't do that day and he deserves credit. If feelings were hurt, it was probably a reaction to frustration more than anything else.

Wasn't Steve the guy who organized the rally at the hummer dealership? That was commendable and showed humility and conern for the sport and for people he may not have even known. I can say with relative confidence that he is a decent person and probably meant no disrespect to anyone personally.

I think I'll lurk around here some more - I hear the used H2 market is getting easier!

BTW - I love my landrover, but I've always wanted an H1!

Kenny

Disco Pics
Old 09-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Jetson & DRTYFN...

You guys hit it right on the mark!!!! Thanks!

This forum has endured a huge amount of attacks which also included an onslaught from the DiscoWeb whereby they firmly asserted that the Disco could run circles around an H2 AND that the Disco could follow an H2 anywhere.

That day happened like I wrote it: LR's demonstrated a pathetic inability to get up that hill. You idiots had a D90 on the verge of rolling while you carelessly let 3 people walk right up in its direct roll-path. You put lives in dangers way and nobody acted to do or say anything but me. Your welcome. Had that thing teetered just a wee bit more we'd likely be attending that kids funeral. How ignorant can ya get? The D90 is about to roll, people are screaming and a kid is 40 feet directly under its path.

I won't turn around and change my take on your group....many people were very cool and friendly...but the few who sought to tease, heckle and give me a hard time brought upon them the wraith they so richly deserved. You guys could barely get 2 rigs up that hill...while I was able to cake-walk that thing effortlessly, twice. And the second time without my rear-locker!

"Oh gee....we teased him and gave him ****...and when he turned around and proved us wrong now it's time to cry and whine about it"

Doug made the hill unlocked, but you can see in the video it was ugly and the cameraman's voice pretty much expresses how firmly he made it....lots of praying there! I suspect I know why he didn't try that hill again the day we ran it!!

What I'm hearing is a HUGE amount of exaggeration and excuses from these guys. I held up 30 vehicles from leaving? please...my use of reverse took all of 1 minute. What about the time we wasted driving in city streets while you guys struggled to find the trailhead? Course, they used that time wisely to further heckle me and the H2.

Is that your idea of how to treat a guest? By outright teasing, heckling and insulting his rig???? Oppps...we certainly wouldn't want to take a look at ourselves...now would we?

I went on that run to check-out a potential new trail and just have some fun. I helped with keeping things safe, took an interest in assisting the broken-down vehicle and helped direct traffic. I complimented many vehicles and went on that trip to prove nothing. Instead I was met with arrogance, snobbery, elitism and a challenge that I answered.

Everybody knows my write-up was sensationalized with humor and a bit of home-town pride....seriously: these toys are all just 4 rubber wheels turning....variations in vehicle dimensions, set-up and terrain will dictate different results....and of course the driver is the key.

Scrotum, I mean Scrover....your insults have no foundation whatsoever. How could you determine my skills at offroading? And let me ask you this: which one were you....one of the 2 LR's that barely made it up and almost met catastrophe...or were you one of the chicken ****s running your mouth at the bottom of the hill? Since you didn't "put-up"...I'd encourage you to "shut-up".

I've already been banned from the LR website having posted nothing at all....so you boys can spend all your time relishing in your triumphant rhetoric in dealing with your being beaten.

You were out-driven, out-machined and out-classed. Now copy & paste that to your little Dweb and smoke it. You got beaten and whipped...deal with it!

Any further comments can be answered by Dennis or DRTYFN.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Hummer Messiah

Good to have you on board, Jetson. By chance, you don't have a dog named Astro, do you? Lame, sorry.
You've been lurking for how long and this is your first post?!! Dear God, we'll take you on trade for Chris(Disco owner that's a worthless, bad-spelling troll pain-in-the-ass). You can be our newest bestest friend and Disco owner.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:38 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Scrover said "The disappointment came when he opened his mouth and heckled the crowd like some white trash teenage jeepster.

The truth is, my 9 year old daughter could have dragged that fat ass (the H2s, not Steve's) up the hill, scrapping and banging on any piece of dirt bigger than a mole hill, and she can't see over the dash. Don't kid yourself Steve, it was 100% vehicle, 0% skill - all class, NOT!

Not content with just 'making it', Steve had to delay the departure of the group of 30 trucks (of which he was a guest) further by continuing the arrogant ego-fest even after our trip leader had called for us to get ready to roll. So up he went again and down again like a deranged yo-yo, oh wait, he's going up back-wards - cool.

It's not very often that we see H2s out on the trail or have the opportunity to invite one to join us. This isn't the sort of behavior we expect to see."

That behavior was getting your ass kicked and kicked good!

I don't wheel very often, but I have and will again when I feel like it. But I know an ass whoop'n when I see it, hear it and read it!

Steve, Hummer Steve that is, You ROCK!

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Hummer Expert

Scrover,

I hate it when my posts get picked apart. I really don't want to discuss semantics. Yes I said "tore" no that doesn't mean Steve literally destroyed the trail dumping trash along the way while he discarded his cigarette into the brush and bounced gas out of open gas cans. We are just having fun. Steve is having fun when he talks about it. Please don't take it so seriously and please don't take the words so literally. It's not exciting to say "I gradually went up the dusty incline while stopping only to ensure that I not did not scratch a rock" We are a bunch of guys and gals having fun let's keep it that way.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

Scrot,
Upon second review of your post, my call stands, You're a whining little bitch that got shown up and doesn't like the taste of crow. Half the distance to the goal, First down!!
If you're part of a group that is talking **** and teasing someone about their rig, and said rig does what your's can't, don't act like that pear-shaped, wooden dunder-head Al Gore(had to get in a jab at the whining Democrats) and cry, stomp your feet, call for a do-over and generally be a sore loser.
My buddy has a heavily modified Disco that'll climb a tree. But do I cry like a little girl and make up excuses because he can do things I can't(that has yet to be proven)? No, I admire his rig, compliment him on how f*cking cool it is and enjoy the experience.
Scrot, maybe your diaper was/is full and you're cranky about it. Change it and get over yourself. Puss.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Hummer Messiah

Ya, guys like Scrotum are the types that sit at the bottom of the hill doin all the big talkin and heckling. Then when it`s his turn,
he gets what girls call SPHYXTER ATTACK.

Most likely, Steve(Man of all men big and small) has put such a dent in their egos, we may have a new wave of H2 buyers!

Steve`s Rock n Roll KILLED the Disco era

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Hummer Expert

DRTYFN,

Here's the pic to add to your post:
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2003, 01:09 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

argonaut- Now I agree- this got ugly and that sucks
Old 09-24-2003, 01:12 AM
Hummer Expert

The articulation is pretty good on a freelander. Did any of those try the hill? C'mon rovers are very capable (maybe not freelanders) but they are good trucks. Bring some of the gang out to White Mountain. I am sure there are areas the Rover will do better than the H2, which makes for good discussion over beers.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2003, 01:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

N2IT,
Please don't tell me you're in your little nightie while you're reading this forum. Go change into your camoes and stop being so sensitive.
After you put on your mud-pack(uh huh huh, mud-pack)you could always spend your evening at this site:
http://www.oprah.com/
Old 09-24-2003, 01:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

No this didn`t get ugly at all.

This is our Forum, our territory, our stomping grounds.

Like ANY forum it has a following and it`s garden variety trolls( good trolls and bad trolls)

Hey, if I decided to troll other forums, I`d expect it too regardless if I was being extremely friendly.

Hey, my wife has a Rover, but I love that Troll .

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Hummer Expert

Serious question: Does anyone know why Rover owners attach ALL of their cargo on top of the vehicle and none inside? I mean we aren't going on a safari and it makes those suckers a little top heavy don't ya think? Some of the inclines we were doing at White Mountain (yes with bypasses for the newbies so they don't get scared away Steve)were so steep I wouldn't even put my tire on top.