H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-19-2003, 03:47 AM

Roadsurfer is off the scale

Hi....brand new to the forum, just wanted to post a few pics of a little project we just finished

Old 08-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that it looks like a fair job that the boys did with Photoshop...

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Polished Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics

www.4swimwear.com
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:18 PM

Ed....

"rag" on them? Hardly, sport...I was responding, which is a different approach.

Follow the chronology of the thread. Look who's doing the ragging....bigots and highbrows hate it when they are treated like average folk. I am simply defending myself

So, I responded. So what? You gonna take it personally?

You might want to take my Corvette owners motto to heart...or better yet, chill out.

The loser in any argument is the one that gets mad...and you're on the verge, princess

And thanks for visiting the website. NOW do you see how this works!?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

"Besides....I am aware of the need to behave ethically, but would anyone turn away a customer who wanted this, because he is a Hummer disciple, and couldnt bear to ruin it?"

Yes, I would have turned it away but we run our businesses diffently. You sold out and now the world has seen your "work" that is ONLY to the taste of the client. A true professional would have sent the client somewhere else.

I don't care that it was an H2. It could have been a corsica and a grand prix for that matter. The deal is you apparently went against your own professional opinion of what looked good and made it anyway. This is simply a reflection of your weak immediate need for cash. Think of a professional home designer, hair stylist, contractor, engineer, surgeon. These professionals would never simply take the opinion of the client and run with it for the money. Focus on the long run use your head and make products that YOU like not what a tasteless NBA player has commissioned you to do.

Good luck!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:54 AM

Detonate is off the scale

I don't find the comment rascist. Stereotypical.... Yes. But that's just the way it goes.

I have an extremely erie gift of being able to identify the race of just about any driver on the freeway just by the look of the car, the lane the driver is driving is, and the speed at which they are traveling.

My wife will tell I can do this with about 98% accuracy.

So if I had seen that Humdewhatever driving down the road, I would have guessed a Black person was driving it without a doubt.

That does not make me a racist.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 08-19-2003, 03:47 AM

Hi....brand new to the forum, just wanted to post a few pics of a little project we just finished

Old 08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

roadsurfer-

Can't a brother get some pics 'round here? Are you ignoring my posts??? I am sincere when I ask you for additional pics. In between your blasting posts, can you walk outside and take some more pics and post them? If you have to, private topic them to me.

-HUMMERDOGG

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-19-2003, 07:51 PM

I'd love to enlighten you

The 6.0L engine is a corporate motor. nothing "H2" about it.

The 4l65E transmission, transfer case, and front differential are the same as used in the Escalade, Yukon, and Tahoe...nothing "H2" about it.

The rear axle is an H2 piece (unless of course you have a 3/4 ton Suburban)....hung from the corporate "Suburban" rear frame stub by the identical trailing arms, Panhard bar, and coils/air bags as found on the previously mentioned platforms. The only reason the rear axle is larger is to facilitate the 8 lug 3/4 ton hubs.

The front suspension is corporate, as well...the only difference between a Suburban/Escalade lower control arm and the H2 is the bolt-on shock clevis...the upper and lower control arms interchange between the sorporate platform and the H2. Of course, the H2 spindles ar 3/4 ton, 8 lug.

The basic frame structure relocates the suspension pick up points for higher ground clearnace, and the center of the frame is wider than the corporate platforms to facilitate the width of the body.

So, in essence, with the exception of the wider frame, elevated suspension pick up points, and 3/4 ton hubs...you have a basic Suburban platform. You can take virtually and Suburban/Escalade suspension piece and bolt it directly to the H2, and vice versa.

Hradly innovative. Hardly unique. Hardly "special".

What!? You think GM actually made parts for the H2!? Silly. Well, thats not entirely accurate. Gm DID makes those ridiculous plastic grille wings and the TOTALLY non fucntional "snorkle pods" and "Cowl vents"...you ARE aware that those cheesy pieces are TOTALLY cosmetic, aren't you?

Its a 3/4 ton Suburban, with a wider mid-frame.

Enlightened, now? Good

And I have a thick skin...my motto for stock H2 owners is the same as for Corvette owners...

"Nice hair piece, sorry about your penis"

It's just a truck, fellas
Old 08-19-2003, 09:14 PM

Paul L is off the scale

silly me didn't list my rides:

h2 - stock
skateboard all decked out
rollerskates polished w/kripton wheels
Old 08-19-2003, 06:40 PM

Boys, boys, boys.....

At the end of the day? A Hummer is just another Chevy truck. Actually, another Chevy truck with a ton of plastic crap on the front. Gotta be honest with yourselves, fellas. Its a Tahoe, with a Jeep front end.

So, Cadillac plastic crap is somehow worse than an oversize Cherokee grille and those gay-ass H2 plastic wings on the mid bumper?

I dont think so

And just to clarify...its called th HUMdeVille, and yes, the acronym "NBA" is affiliated with it.

Better get used to it...there's more coming Including one with a Mercedes front end
Old 08-21-2003, 06:22 PM

hinten is off the scale

Roadsurfer, everyone,
cool it everyone, it's a freaking car at the end of the day.
I for one am interested in getting more pictures of details posted. I like the idea of a smooth back bumper, I've also been looking for a different door for the trunk. I'd love to be able to open the trunk door window seperately from the door.

How about it, some more pics?
Old 08-19-2003, 06:44 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

More like UGdeVille...YUK..
I would have figured nba in there somewhere..No one is normal anymore and no one in their white mind would drive that...
And why you would put yourself in a business to destroy an awesome automobile and then do this to it... We need to talk...
The Therapist is here to see you..........

good luck...

badrap@sbcglobal.net
03 Black Lux (This is my 2nd H2)
Had an 03 Pewter but it rattled away...........
03 BMW 525i, Titanium Grey...
Old 08-19-2003, 10:06 PM

Um....

"On the other hand, you are a supposed professional that was blinded by money and sold out to make something as awful looking as this."

Guys....its a TRUCK. We're not curing cancer, here.

Besides....I am aware of the need to behave ethically, but would anyone turn away a customer who wanted this, because he is a Hummer disciple, and couldnt bear to ruin it?

Fellas....they'll make more And my guess is, that with all the plastic, the average H2 will exist when the earth augers into the sun.

So, cutting up a 1/2 dozen or so wont unduly change the balance of the cosmic order....its just gonna piss of a few disciples. Thats not necessarily a bad thing.

'Cause you're gonna be talkin about it, EVEN if to hate it
Old 08-19-2003, 04:03 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Well, I in a way agree with Badrap. I would probably kill myself before driving that thing. However, different strokes for different folkes. It looks killer man, looks like you really did a good job. You say it's a project "we" just finished. Just curious who the "we" is, how the install went of the caddy front end, etc. I personally don't like lowered H2's and such, but it looks neat. Good job bud.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Old 08-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Roadsurfer:

Hit the road!

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 08-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

All I can come up with is - - -

Why?

Wait,wait, I take it back - - -

I don't even want to know.

What a disgrace to both Hummer and Cadillac.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:15 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Yes Chris, I know what you mean. I hate you too.

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Roadsurfer,

I have to agree with most others on their take of your rendition of the H2, BUT when you figure out some type of convertible or even a movable roof, please post pics and details.

A forum is about sharing ideas and to post on this forum you have to take the good and the bad. I wouldn't take our negative comments personally but most of the owners feel part of a "club" that very similar to owners of jeeps, rovers and harleys for that matter.

I believe this post is the first negative comment I have made on this forum as I don't feel the need to bash someone else's tastes. Like others have said, to each his own. Creating a vehicle that barely resembles an H2 is never going to be well accepted on an H2 message board, regardless of the hard work put into it.

Again, if you work on some type of convertible or sliding roof and it is well done, I would consider buying another H2 and letting you go at it.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:15 PM

HUMMERDOG

My bad....

e-mail me at bill@roadsurfer.net and I will hook you up with whatever pics you want
Old 08-21-2003, 03:56 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you started with this:

"Boys, boys, boys.....

At the end of the day? A Hummer is just another Chevy truck. Actually, another Chevy truck with a ton of plastic crap on the front. Gotta be honest with yourselves, fellas. Its a Tahoe, with a Jeep front end.

So, Cadillac plastic crap is somehow worse than an oversize Cherokee grille and those gay-ass H2 plastic wings on the mid bumper?"

And then you said this:

"And I have a thick skin...my motto for stock H2 owners is the same as for Corvette owners..."

"Nice hair piece, sorry about your penis"

Which was later followed by this inconsistent statement:

"I have NEVER insulted someone personally for their work"

You are right, you just insulted all H2 owners in general not on their work HYPROCRITE!

You toss stones, I take them and toss them back. It's a forum, people talk, people get mad, people get information. If you are incapable of handling criticism than don't post. We're still a free society ya know.

Good luck with your rejects I mean projects