H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

8500lbs is on a distinguished road
Default Questions For Brute

My questions are about the Corvette Servos, QTP exhaust Cut outs. I am not sure as to what they are or what they do? The servos I guess are for the shifting, which is a much needed swap when you get S/C. but what model, how much, and did you swap or someone for you? Did you notice any difference? For the Cutouts, I only assume they are dump valves but I have no idea really?

Thanks
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2BRUTE
Hey, I'm surprised to see this post pop up again...Originally I posted it in May 07..Since then Brembo Brakes, Magnacharger, Volant air intake, Corvette servos, QTP exhaust cutouts..It hauls a__..As far as the ride goes, it still rides like a 747 in first class. However, when you kick in the S/C at slow speed the front end feels like it lifts off the ground. It doesn't, but it gets really squirrely and feels like it is all over the place. I recently drove it 250 miles to get some air brushing on it. I pick it up Tuesday, the 25th. I chose 2 color mixes of Harlequin color shifting paint..Now don't go crazy on me guys..As you know, BRUTE does the car show circuit, so I decided it needed a little more oomph..Last two car shows, I won best of show, trucks and a first place, truck..It's been two weeks in the shop getting painted, so I am getting really anxious to see it done. It will have 6 clearcoats on it. If it is nice I will post pics, if it sucks, then I take a really lot of heat. But I am optimistic..The artist is awesome..BRUTE
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale
Default Re: Questions For Brute

Corvette servos installed by the dealer, 11/07. Cost $542 installed. Shifts a little harder, but I like it. Supposed to help ease the pressure on the tranny and it seems as if it does. Not sure what model or if there is one. No problems since installing it. Runs like a bear. As far as the exhaust cutouts, You are right. they are dump valves, electronically controlled and installed before the mufflers..All I can say is " I love em" With the whine on the S/C and the noise from the exhaust, It is one awesome sounding machine..With a name like BRUTE, it needed the muscle to go along with it....I would have rathered them installed before the cats, but there wasn't any room since I had installed Dynatech Long tube headers, before installing the cutouts..Poor planning on my part. When I go to the car shows and leave the hood open, the younger car enthusiast crowd sees the S/C then I start it up for them and they go nuts..Not sure what there is with us guys and powerful car noise..Also installed a smaller air horn set than the big train horns. This one is much louder than the stock horn and commands respect when someone encroaches in your space..Installed on frame midway under truck..There are three and the biggest one is about a foot long. Hope this helps..BRUTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03198.JPG (152.2 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg CUTOUTS CLOSE UP DSC03196.JPG (59.9 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03199.JPG (146.0 KB, 397 views)
Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

First off I really appreciate the help and info, and on top of that the pictures are GREAT! I now have a few more questions. Please forgive me, I am a noob on the quest for vast knowledge. The cutouts are a great Idea that I love to do. Do you mind showing where the switch is? The next question is about the air horns, are they electronic or where is the air tank? Are these hooked up to factory horn or are they on there own switch?

Thanks
B
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Brute question for you in Exhaust w/a growl. Made mistake and should have put the complete novel in this thread. Just trying to offer as much info when I can. Took a good number of years and expense to gain but, still figuring it out. Will have to get my hands on the new 6.2L some time to see what I make it do performance wise.

Thanks Brute

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

I am picking up BRUTE sometime today, probably later than earlier and have to make a 250 mile trip back home, so it will be late when I get home. To make a long story shorter, I will take pics tomorrow and post them..The cutoff switch is below the steering wheel on the right side.. As far as the air horns, since they are smaller than the train horns, I am thinking the air tank is somewhere in the engine compartment. I never looked for it..The switch is hooked up to the regular horns and can be off or on. I leave it on all the time... BRUTE ps Taz, your rig sounds awesome..post some pics bro..Love to see the custom paint..I'm picking mine up today after 2 weeks in a shop 250 miles away from me..Had some airbrushing done to it..Will post pics later
Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 AM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Well, made it back 11pm last night..BRUTE was a mess..From the paint overspray in the interior to the millions of bugs on my windows and everwhere else, the BRUTE was a mess. Spent 3 hours this morning trying to rid the interior of overspray and managed to clean BRUTE somewhat. Busy all day and couldn't take pics until late in the day, which really doesn't show up the airbrushing too well..But it's enough to whet the appetite.. I will have a slower day tomorrow so more detailing and more pictures to come. The paint job is awesome. When the light doesn't hit it, it doesn't even look airbrushed, but when the sun does hit it, it comes alive with bursts of different colors depending on where you look at it....Also attached a pic of the boost & fuel pressure gauges, horn switch (right of left ac vent) and exhaust cutout switch (lower right side of steering wheel)BRUTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03881.JPG (141.8 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg BRONZE SHADES DSC03882.JPG (88.5 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg BLUES PURPLES AND REDS DSC03883.JPG (78.1 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03884.JPG (137.3 KB, 380 views)
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Wow that looks really good. You must be pleased with Brute. I am going to try and do some more research on the Cutouts. I too have the LT dynatech headers with high Flow cats but I have Borla cat back. I have seen some new kits on ebay but I need to find out my exhaust tube size first. I will be back later with more questions.

Thanks Brute,
B
Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Hummer Authority

Brute if you do search in pics section Dragon put a good number of pics and maybe the link to the pic bucket. Use TAZ or DRAGON as he will use either one sometimes. If you do not find many email Dragon Bryan@HummerCustoms.com to request pic bucket with allot of detail from the start since mid 2005. The pics you see now will be different later this year. If you do not hear back from him soon let me know.

The Mall Queen will be getting it's 3rd paint job. Will do some more interior upgrades which has been a plan excuting over about 18 months in off season from shows. We are going to media blast the rig using baking soda in a few months. It will be down to bare metal and still using Stealth Gray paint in the scheme as the base since it came that way. We will most likely change the scheme. If You do not mind I would like for you to give me Your opinion about whether to stay with present paint scheme colors or changing both scheme and secondary colors with Stealth. I would appreciate anyone who would like to chime in. We are going to repaint anyways since we have 3 companies that we are negotiating with to let them use H2 in 2008 fall SEMA booth. So we have to go to the metal and start with smoothing from there out. We will run a long I forget the shop name of it but, a long metal file to plane the metal to limit the bondo etc. so we get that SEMA like glass look. Well Orange could explain what I'm trying to describe since he is a bodyshop or 2 owner. I do little in body stuff but, I tune and help with designing as well as getting the sponsors on board. Dragon is interior guy and build anything for inside that has to do with electronics which I do some electronics also. Then allot of design just on his choice as I trust him. He has been a judge for years and seen it all I guess.

The second row of captains are now finally real OEM GM captains like in front and not aftermarket which are not the same quality with OEM having full power etc.. What you have to do to have OEM captain seats takes such a huge commitment that from most all other people in the business we know we may be the only H2 with true OEM second row captains. Really it is tuff and you can tell the difference from aftermarket. Plus as being in shows you know the more unique (one off) stuff you have more points you are given. We have so many that we win on almost on the bonus points alone. We will have a new redesigned second row console as OEM are wider plus Dragon just had a better look he came up with.

Well Brute sorry for novel I just get excited when I talk about H2's. Just let me know if you do not find pics.

Oh Brute paint looks great. Ghost flames is what got me started on this road to upgrade paint over and over. You I think have got the full fledge show bug now.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 03-27-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Hummer Authority

Brute if you would go down to the (exhaust w/a growl) thread and if you have not seen already i have a question for you.

I have some more info that may be helpful to others. I appologize for length of some posts as I try to be thorough. I worry I will leave something out of great need. Plus I'm 50 going on 70 it seems. If you knew my complete health situation from past till today it is a miracle I'm alive and I do not use it lightly. God and His Son Jesus has been kind to me. The thing that bothers me most is my memory from shortage of oxygen so many times and so much more than that even you would be amazed as to how TAZ is even alive. Not making excuses but, just explaining. The old club guys from forum start know more as it is to much to go through now to catch up but, I Believe in Miracles. Just my belief and I will not force that on anyone just allow me the right to be what I am. DRTY and I had a brief discussion but, came out good friends and I respect him. Reguardless of anything else we are together on teaching and sharing Hummer knowledge.

I do not mind being teased about my novels as even back in 2004 when I found this site and joined KENP, DRTY, H2FINALLY and many many more teased me. I'm leaving out many like Dennis,tower and CoPilot who has been my secret sweetheart for years and KenP knew he just felt sorry for me and paid no attention. But, really after I got threads and private messages asking if i was OK when i had disappeared for a while I knew who was teasing me because they were BUDS. I just like to know which side of the fence you are on so I can just know who I can tease back and who I need to just let it slide.

I will do anything I can to help with teaching what i have learned after completely taking an H2 apart 3 times inside and out or rather will be 3rd time coming up. Our dealer has sometimes called us with questions because most dealers have never seen an H2 apart with a shell left and everything labeled and tubs labeled so it all could be found. The rear axle dummy wheels on so it could be painted as were many of the other parts also and then all go back on. Now sometime we may not yet know how something works but, it is because we just have not been in that area yet to do our own upgrade on it. Dragon remembers more than I but, he knew nothing untill we teamed up and it became me teaching him and shop about Hummers and them learning things and teaching me something new. We will help but, there are so many here that can. We became the last resort for info if no answer was forth coming.

So tease me about novels just let me know if friend or not.

TAZ
Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Have had out of town company and have been playing very hard..Heading to Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach this morning to see what trouble we can get into and then 2 back to back car shows Sat. and Sun. While taking our guests to lunch by the beach, I decided it was a perfect photo opportunity, so here are some more pics. The paint is really interesting. These should give you an idea of the color shifting going on. Taz, I will pray for your good health and thanks for the great info. I sent an email to get some pics of your ride and am looking forward to seeing them..Hopefully BRUTE will take a trophy at the show on Sunday.. Saturday's show is show only no competition..Who knows, maybe even a pretty gal might want to pose by BRUTE..Npw, that would be fun..Car show pics to follow..BRUTE..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLUES AND PURPLES vga DSC03891.JPG (114.0 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg BURNT ORANGE AND PURPLE vga DSC03889.JPG (122.8 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg HOOD vga DSC03895.JPG (134.2 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg BACK SIDE vga DSC03893.JPG (137.7 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg ORANGE REDS AND PURPLES vga DSC03892.JPG (167.6 KB, 322 views)
Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

WOW!!! She...... or He.......looks really good. I wish there was someone here that I could trust to work on the paint of my rig. I hope you enjoy your time in FL and that you bring home a 1st place. Dont forget to open the cutouts and make all the girls scream. Have Fun and be safe.

B
Old 03-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Brute,

Thanks for thoughts and Prayers. I will come out of it all soon.

Your paint looks so good I would have thought Dragon had done it.

I found some pics Dragon put in the pic section and moved them up front. He may send more different ones not sure. We have a large Bucket full from start on. On one set of pics Dragon listed mods etc. up till those pics. We will be adding more.

God Bless,

TAZ

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 03-29-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2BRUTE
From the paint overspray in the interior...

What's up with that $hit?