H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Hummer Professional

oneworld is off the scale

My dealer keeps telling me, that unless I order the chrome package for wheels, that I will not get the 33 inch tires, I ordered the adventure package > but the dealer said that it will come with on/off road tires 31 inch, What is up with this > I do not want chrome package, I want the larger off road tires. My dealer is so uninformed > how can they sell these things if they cant even figure out how to order them.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Hummer Professional

My dealer keeps telling me, that unless I order the chrome package for wheels, that I will not get the 33 inch tires, I ordered the adventure package > but the dealer said that it will come with on/off road tires 31 inch, What is up with this > I do not want chrome package, I want the larger off road tires. My dealer is so uninformed > how can they sell these things if they cant even figure out how to order them.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:23 PM

bb9 is off the scale

Unfortunately, its true. I wanted the lux package w/33's but had to get additional package to get the 33's.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

The chrome package has nothing to do with the wheels and tires at all. To get the larger tires you HAVE to order the Off Road Suspension Package (ZM6 otopion Code) This comes standard with adventure package. You cannot get the chrome wheels and the Off Road Suspension package together.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

You can also go to Hummer.com and build the exact one that you want and then print it out and take it in to them. One word of warning though, they have the wrong price for the Automatic Transmission on the web site. It is 70.00 below the actual price. It lists 1625 and it is actually 1695.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell them you to check their dealer code (GAC).
And that should get you the ZM6 off road susp. package.

BTW GAC = Get A Clue.
Sorry, I know I was really reaching on that one.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Hummer Professional

friday afternoon, Hummer Bummer, I just came back from my dealer > and what they ordered for me is not correct, they did not include the adventure or off road suspension package, and they ordered the Ebony leather, was suposed to be the light cashmere, so my order #JBVJ23 / dealer #26240 if I want it my way I will have to reorder thus putting me further away from delivery. They say they can not change the items in the computor. All this becuase, car salesmen, do not take the time to understand their product, product knowledge if you do not have the product knowlege WHY DID YOU TAKE MY ORDER AND MY MONEY > I wish the dealer was more willing to help then to act like thats what happens with new vehicles.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Try another dealer that will search for you. Or wait and let them work the bugs out and re-order. Also let them know if one comes in like the one you wanted call you. People cancel them sometimes when they come in. Call Lynch Hummer and see iff they have one like it comming in?
It's true you cannot make changes to an order.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks usedtosellhummer, I apreciate your response and am also building my Hummer KARMA > HAHA
Old 04-30-2005, 12:02 AM
mstams

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoKC:
The chrome package has nothing to do with the wheels and tires at all. To get the larger tires you HAVE to order the Off Road Suspension Package (ZM6 otopion Code) This comes standard with adventure package. You cannot get the chrome wheels and the Off Road Suspension package together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know if there are any plans in the future to offer chrome wheels and the off road suspension?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

Nothing so far.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

The offroad package only changes the transfer case and adds 33" tires. No different shocks or anything else. So inless you really want the lower geared, locking transfer case, get the chrome package and buy bigger tires.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Hummer Professional

If you realy want to GO OFF ROAD > maybe try to follow an H2 maybe you should have the looking diferntial
Old 05-06-2005, 11:27 AM

crossfire190 is off the scale

I am trying to decide between the locking differential or not... I will probably not do a lot (or any) serious offroading, however, in my area we get a substantial amount of snow and I want to be able to go anywhere anytime. Would the locking differential be helpful?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

Unless you have to have the factory chrome wheels I would go with the locking rear diff. It is always good to have it when you need it and it will help to have when it is time to sell it.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I would most definitely get the locking diff.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:40 PM

Hummer4Life is off the scale

What is the tire size of the largest and widest tire that the H3's chrome wheel and wheel well can support?
Old 05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do alot with wheels and tires. I would get the cheap ones and the transfercase. You can go with a diffrent rim size and get taller tires or fat off road tires etc. Your dealer is not the place to talk tires. The dealer does not differ from factory spec and uses a local tire shop to do most custom work. Go to a off road shop or a good tire place with information or with the truck when you get it and it will blow your mind what they can do. Take it from a former Hummer sales master. DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING THE SALESMAN SAYS!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:17 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if I want it my way I will have to reorder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Two weeks after I ordered my H2, I decided to add a sun roof, they were able to place it onto my order, did not skip a beat in the process......
Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Hummer4Life is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
You can do alot with wheels and tires. I would get the cheap ones and the transfercase. You can go with a diffrent rim size and get taller tires or fat off road tires etc. Your dealer is not the place to talk tires. The dealer does not differ from factory spec and uses a local tire shop to do most custom work. Go to a off road shop or a good tire place with information or with the truck when you get it and it will blow your mind what they can do. Take it from a former Hummer sales master. DO NOT BELIVE ANYTHING THE SALESMAN SAYS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.