H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got The Itch For A 2009 Alpha....BUT..?? Rant

Nervous Rant

WTF.. is going on with GM....?? Will they drop the HUMMER H3 & T line..?? Will H-2 Go away....? I F_ _KING hope not. I like my HUMMER . In Fact I have my dealer searching for a loaded 2009 ALPHA H3.

My 2007 H3 only has 14K Miles and Change on the od and is loaded out with NAV and Off Road Moon Roof etc and is in perfect shape. But I got and itch for an 2009 H 3 ALPHA. But I don't want to go backwars and not get what I have in the 2007.

So I'm getting emails from GM saying $6500 Cash Back Or 0 % financing till March 2nd. But WTF is a laoded Alpha going for..?? I see prices of MSRP of 43K 44K etc.. But...What's the real Skinny on the deal at the dealers...How much are they willing to go down. I'll find out when my dealer dude locates one ...

I guess I need a kick in the butt to to pull the trigger......Me scared...Are you out there Agriv8er....Are you still in the business..?? Maybe we can do some business.. Email me.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got The Itch For A 2009 Alpha....BUT..?? Rant

..same problem here but when I realize that for the price of '09 Alpha I could almost get '08 H2, then it makes twice as difficult to decide. I've been thinking and thinking , and so far missed out all the nice deals because when it's good price it's gone fast. I want that V-8 plus locker(s) either in H3 or H2.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92270
..same problem here but when I realize that for the price of '09 Alpha I could almost get '08 H2, then it makes twice as difficult to decide. I've been thinking and thinking , and so far missed out all the nice deals because when it's good price it's gone fast. I want that V-8 plus locker(s) either in H3 or H2.

There gonna have to come down real low on the price of an H3 Alpha for me to pull the trigger. But like you said it's close to an 08 H2...But will HUMMER Still be aroud in 09...? WTF is GM Goning to do..?? Who knows..

Well, you got till March 2nd..till that $6500.00 goes away
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Yes, MSRP jumped noticaby on the H3s from 06 to 09s. Also, GM currently has a plan, that if you're a member of a credi union, you can get Supplier Pricing. THen the rebateon top of that I believe.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
Yes, MSRP jumped noticaby on the H3s from 06 to 09s. Also, GM currently has a plan, that if you're a member of a credi union, you can get Supplier Pricing. THen the rebateon top of that I believe.

I have a GMID on the way and I'm also a member of a Credit Union. I also spoke to a good friend of mine who's wife works for GM.. He told me that even without the supplier price GMID... that I should be able to beat the dealer down below that supplier price.

But here's the Rub.. What will the bottom line be..?? If were at an MSRP of $44K or $45K... Can I pick up an 09 for $35K ...??? $33K... $36K... In other words ..how much wiggle room is their for the dealer?

If I have to puke up 10 or 15 G's... Then I'm keeping my 07... it MSRP-ed out for $43 and change...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey let me know what you find out i really want an alpha but cant pull the trigger till after march 23rd
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeH3
hey let me know what you find out i really want an alpha but cant pull the trigger till after march 23rd

Well the northeast offer of $6500 cash back or 0% ends March 3rd.

Anyway..I haven't heard from my dealer since Monday past. I don't think he found the laoded Alpha I wanted.

It also has given me time to think... I had priced and Alpha on gmautobuilder and came up with an MSRP of $47,280.00 ...with and employee price of $42,230.00...

Now ...what will the dealer give me.... ???? $42,230....??? Or Less..?? Will they throw in the $6500 ??? Even if I get $39K or $40K ... It's still Big Bucks... compared to what my loaded out 07 will bring.

So...I'm tending to driff away from the thought of spending $12 to $15K to get the same thing I have now with the exception of the V8 and the Cast Iron front diff.

I think my trigger finger is broken....
Old 02-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale

Sounds like you haven't had your '07 appraised. I would think they will sell you the Alpha for $39-40k, but I can't see them giving you $25-27k for yours. Even with the low miles and all of the goodies, they are having trouble selling the new ones, so the used ones are really tough.

Not flaming you here, just speaking from experience. I tried to work a deal back in December to trade my '07 (more miles than yours, but Adventure/Nav and other goodies) and they really didn't want it. Got them up to $17,500 (after price on the new one was established), but nothing more. I walked.

If the prices on the new ones stay down, I'll probably buy one this summer and let my son drive the '07. Darn spoiled rotten kid.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Sounds like you haven't had your '07 appraised. I would think they will sell you the Alpha for $39-40k, but I can't see them giving you $25-27k for yours. Even with the low miles and all of the goodies, they are having trouble selling the new ones, so the used ones are really tough.

Not flaming you here, just speaking from experience. I tried to work a deal back in December to trade my '07 (more miles than yours, but Adventure/Nav and other goodies) and they really didn't want it. Got them up to $17,500 (after price on the new one was established), but nothing more. I walked.

If the prices on the new ones stay down, I'll probably buy one this summer and let my son drive the '07. Darn spoiled rotten kid.

Your in the ball park.. My neighbor who I brought to my dealer bought a 07 H3X with 21K miles for $25K with a trade in. High retail on mine (NADA) is about $26-$27 K with all the goodies. Trade in ...about $21K..That's NADA.

A dealer will start lower and try and beat you up. Even at $40k for a new 09 ALpha ..that's and if I sell mine for 25K retail ...I'm still gonna come up with an $18K Bill with tax and Tags..!!

Still have 10 monthe left on the 36K Bumper to Bumper and 3 years and 85K miles on the power train.

Best maybe just to hold on and run it down.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to see if Hummer survives and who and if the new buyer is if it gets it gets sold off by GM before buying another H3.

Hummer dealerships are scarce as is.

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dan
I want to see if Hummer survives and who and if the new buyer is if it gets it gets sold off by GM before buying another H3.

Hummer dealerships are scarce as is.

That's the way I'm thinking .. My dealer is NuCar HUMMER ...they also have other GM Brands but are the biggest HUMMER Dealer in New Castle Delaware. I'm from New Joisey and went there beacuse of ther Rep!

Might as well just sit back and wait till the Bail Out Crap Smoke Clears...

The HUMMER Brand has a Big Following..They'd be crazzy to drop the line.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

Lets hope whoever buys the line keeps sales moving in the US and keeps dealers open.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummeraddict
Lets hope whoever buys the line keeps sales moving in the US and keeps dealers open.

Just hope the Jap's don't buy it and shove in a Rice burner motor. Right now....it's all AMERICAN... I hope it stays that way.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Elcova Newbie

hill@hall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Nervous Rant

WTF.. is going on with GM....?? Will they drop the HUMMER H3 & T line..?? Will H-2 Go away....? I F_ _KING hope not. I like my HUMMER . In Fact I have my dealer searching for a loaded 2009 ALPHA H3.

My 2007 H3 only has 14K Miles and Change on the od and is loaded out with NAV and Off Road Moon Roof etc and is in perfect shape. But I got and itch for an 2009 H 3 ALPHA. But I don't want to go backwars and not get what I have in the 2007.

So I'm getting emails from GM saying $6500 Cash Back Or 0 % financing till March 2nd. But WTF is a laoded Alpha going for..?? I see prices of MSRP of 43K 44K etc.. But...What's the real Skinny on the deal at the dealers...How much are they willing to go down. I'll find out when my dealer dude locates one ...

I guess I need a kick in the butt to to pull the trigger......Me scared...Are you out there Agriv8er....Are you still in the business..?? Maybe we can do some business.. Email me.

Agri8er is retired. I took his spot. To give you the history, I was the original Hummer guy in VB and trained Chuck for the job. He can definitely help you with some chrome, but if you need truck info, let me know.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill@hall
Agri8er is retired. I took his spot. To give you the history, I was the original Hummer guy in VB and trained Chuck for the job. He can definitely help you with some chrome, but if you need truck info, let me know.

Well... Hill.... Say Hi To Retired chuck for me. So .. What's the skinny...

You read the above posts... For a good deal I'd drive down and do some business with you. Here's my number

609 926 2206

Mark

Last edited by Viet Nam Vette : 02-17-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Hummer Authority

i went to my stealership today and got them to 42k with the 6500 off, and i walked. the dealership in the cheaper part of town is offering me the same 6500 plus 3000 off for employee pricing. for a total of 10k off. if i can do the deal for 39k (38 better) with 16k for my trade i will prolly jump on it. anyways ill be heading there tomorrow for the next round of battle :P
Old 02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
i went to my stealership today and got them to 42k with the 6500 off, and i walked. the dealership in the cheaper part of town is offering me the same 6500 plus 3000 off for employee pricing. for a total of 10k off. if i can do the deal for 39k (38 better) with 16k for my trade i will prolly jump on it. anyways ill be heading there tomorrow for the next round of battle :P

Well now it sounds like your getting somewhere.
What did you price out in the Alpha as far as options..?? I'm looking at Moon roof..Off Road pkg....NAV and leather..Towing Pkg.... Roof marker lamps...etc.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Hummer Authority

GOT IT!
i went to the dealer at 1 and told them what i wanted. they said they had one that almost fit, i wanted black with black interior, no side steps roof rails, no nav, no backup camera, i wanted lux/ offroad, and sunroof. So they had a black one with morrocco interior with chrome sidesteps, roof rails, nav, sunroof, body matched grill and backup cam. i told them to take those off and they had a deal. they gave them all to me for free!(nav, backup cam, chrome steps, and roof rails) so i got it for 40100 or 42 out the door, which is the area i wanted to be in. then i put some money down. im not a fan of the interior but i may be able to live with it. here are the pics. im pullng my old brushguard off and throwing it on this one tomorrow, along with my much better nav/stereo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new car 005.jpg (66.3 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg new car 006.jpg (60.9 KB, 347 views)
File Type: jpg new car 012.jpg (55.0 KB, 347 views)
Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Interior looks good , it kinda pops!
I prefer cloth myself.(I use seat covers anyway)
Wannabe
Use the paper clip option above text box for easy veiwing of pics.

Now lets see what the alpha can do
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
GOT IT!
i went to the dealer at 1 and told them what i wanted. they said they had one that almost fit, i wanted black with black interior, no side steps roof rails, no nav, no backup camera, i wanted lux/ offroad, and sunroof. So they had a black one with morrocco interior with chrome sidesteps, roof rails, nav, sunroof, body matched grill and backup cam. i told them to take those off and they had a deal. they gave them all to me for free!(nav, backup cam, chrome steps, and roof rails) so i got it for 40100 or 42 out the door, which is the area i wanted to be in. then i put some money down. im not a fan of the interior but i may be able to live with it. here are the pics. im pullng my old brushguard off and throwing it on this one tomorrow, along with my much better nav/stereo

Sweet.. So you still have your old H3..?? Or did you trade it with the cash down..?? It it sounds like your gonna be financing $10-To $20K with a trade.