H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FJ in the news.... and it AIN'T GOOD....

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...body-rips.html

Anyone have this problem with their Hummer!?!?!?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FJ in the news.... and it AIN'T GOOD....

Old 08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I so want Dennis to go buy one now

Wait, is he gonna delete this post too?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Stevenblanca is on a distinguished road

Nightmarish... Maybe a bit of thick bondo will help. So much for the "japanese quality with the rugged look of a hummer" bs.
Victory Red 2006 H3 Luxury, Automatic, OEM steps, Sunroof. MODS: Torsion bars 4X, Front Bilstein shocks, Front adjustable swaybar links, Rear Rancho shocks, rear 6.5 inch shackles, Rear Quick disconnects swaybar links, Black rims, Hidden hitch, Husky mud flaps, Trasko spin on filter, No intake resonator, Enlarged 3" snorkel opening, No muffler
Old 08-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

pool_shark is on a distinguished road

I'm two for two in the FJ forums.

I responded to that spaz air2air in the FJ forum and the thread was deleted. I went over there later, and there was a post about ME being a troll. I responded to that one, and it too was deleted.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

They censor on the FJ forums like crazy. I've had it happen to me also. It appears like they try very hard to protect the FJ's image. I'm not a fan of the FJ's styling at all, but -

"For the record" FJ's don't suck off road. Obviously I would rather drive Hummers but, the FJ is a capable machine. I have wheeled with them and have witnessed their performance (lifted with bigger tires, and stock). For IFS rigs, they wheel OK.

They don't have the great gearing of the H3, but the lighter weight and stronger engine make up for it slightly.

The tearing of the sheet metal is real and a recently found problem. They have also found many of their components i.e. rear diffs and control arms to be weaker than they should be. They found these problems much the same way we found our weak front diff, by beating on them off road.

I realize these vehicles compete with each other to some degree, but I don't need to put down the other truck to feel good about the purchase of the H2 or H3. I am envious of their aftermarket support, much like Jeep.

Dennis pushes the FJ button because he knows it Raaarrrs some of us.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

pool_shark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
They censor on the FJ forums like crazy. I've had it happen to me also. It appears like they try very hard to protect the FJ's image. I'm not a fan of the FJ's styling at all, but -

"For the record" FJ's don't suck off road. Obviously I would rather drive Hummers but, the FJ is a capable machine. I have wheeled with them and have witnessed their performance (lifted with bigger tires, and stock). For IFS rigs, they wheel OK.

They don't have the great gearing of the H3, but the lighter weight and stronger engine make up for it slightly.

The tearing of the sheet metal is real and a recently found problem. They have also found many of their components i.e. rear diffs and control arms to be weaker than they should be. They found these problems much the same way we found our weak front diff, by beating on them off road.

I realize these vehicles compete with each other to some degree, but I don't need to put down the other truck to feel good about the purchase of the H2 or H3. I am envious of their aftermarket support, much like Jeep.

I agree with not putting down other vehicles, to me it makes no sense. But that guy (air2air) came over to one of the other hummer forums pretending that he wanted to buy one. He took read some of the problems some have had and posted them on the FJ forum. Some of the members of the hummer forum found posts made my air2air stating that his FJ broke this and that, got stuck here or there, and posted them.
I went to the FJ forum and saw that he posted a quote from me, and I let him have it, letting him know how childish it was for him to troll other forums, and posted pics of my H3, then the thread was deleted.
I even stated that I considered purchasing an FJ, but decided against it because I liked the H3 better, but that I have nothing against the FJ or toyota's in general.

Then someone started a thread calling me a troll and making fun of me because I workout. I responded and again the thread was deleted.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am envious of their aftermarket support, much like Jeep.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 08-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Nobody is knocking on the FJC, it's more the attitude of some Toyota owners, I think it comes with the brand. A lot of them act as if they're driving God's gift to the automotive industry. They'll talk about Toyota as being the most reliable car company, and everything else is crap. Naturally, when ANYTHING happens, especially of this magnitude, they're just asking for people to point and laugh.

Quote:

I think the FJ button has been pressed and held so much that it no longer functions.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
Nobody is knocking on the FJC, it's more the attitude of some Toyota owners, I think it comes with the brand. A lot of them act as if they're driving God's gift to the automotive industry. They'll talk about Toyota as being the most reliable car company, and everything else is crap. Naturally, when ANYTHING happens, especially of this magnitude, they're just asking for people to point and laugh.

Point taken. I've argued this same point on their forum. They mostly are of the opinion that Toyota trumps ALL others, ALL the time.

I've also advocated the purchase of American vehicles being good for the American people on their forum. Just like Pool Shark, I've been called a troll many times there. I'm not trolling there, I don't put down their vehicle. I just bring a different perspective to a largely group think atmosphere (Some of them are open minded). The Mods do censor there.

As much of a PITA as Dennis can be, I'm glad they don't here (mostly, except for the pics of Dennis on the wrong side of a winch) Didn't someone get banned for that? That is B.S. from here @ Elcova.

We think Hummers are better, they think FJ's are. Whatever, as long as you wheel it - who cares? We each gotta fix our own rigs. In this case it could end up costing Toyota some big bucks and some reputation. Toyota is now trying to build GM type numbers of vehicles, it's a lot harder to control the quality on larger numbers.

I think the FJ button has been pressed and held so much that it no longer functions. That is funny. The other day, I counted ten threads over there on the first two pages of "other vehicles", that all put down Hummers in some way.

I hope we don't start looking that insecure.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 08-27-2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Fixing the organization of my reply.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Hummer Novice

atomicsedo is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: FJ in the news.... and it AIN'T GOOD....

Here is their only solution
http://tinyurl.com/2hurmk
Old 08-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Stevenblanca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicsedo
Here is their only solution
http://tinyurl.com/2hurmk

That really cracks me up!
Victory Red 2006 H3 Luxury, Automatic, OEM steps, Sunroof. MODS: Torsion bars 4X, Front Bilstein shocks, Front adjustable swaybar links, Rear Rancho shocks, rear 6.5 inch shackles, Rear Quick disconnects swaybar links, Black rims, Hidden hitch, Husky mud flaps, Trasko spin on filter, No intake resonator, Enlarged 3" snorkel opening, No muffler
Old 08-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

that doesnt look too good i just told my friend about this. I obviously like the H3 much better than the FJ, but truth is it is a good ride. two of my friends that i wheel with most often have FJ's. One of them is stock. and the other has the TRD edition, a 3" lift and also 33 inch mickey thompson mud terrains on it and that thing is sick. bottom line is the FJ is still a good ride, even though we like the Hummers better

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Even though it has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier, needs to be lifted, has no lo lo range tcase, and the things are TEARING apart? Sounds like a good ride to me!?

(just chain yankin', albeit with a real chain)
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
Even though it has the turning radius of an aircraft carrier, needs to be lifted, has no lo lo range tcase, and the things are TEARING apart? Sounds like a good ride to me!?

(just chain yankin', albeit with a real chain)

Huck they make fun of our fellow Hummer owners putting chrome 22's on, and our front diffs exploding, and our 225 horsepower engines pulling our 5000 pound rigs around town, it's all the same thing.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

eugenebeauxbuton is on a distinguished road

That's too bad. I mean it. I almost got one too. But, in the end, the rugged good looks of the H3 got me. That and it's American. Yee-haw!!
Hummer Owner (n.): a different type of person altogether. 2006 Black H3 with Luxury Package, Sunroof, Chrome Wheels, Chrome Appearance Package, Chrome Tubular Side Steps NO MORE, XM, Monsoon Sound System. SOON TO BE GETTING SOME TOYO 33'S AND DITCHING THE LAME 31'S!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd much rather be replacing/upgrading weak H2 tie rods, over replacing my FJ whole front end clip!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Huck they make fun of our fellow Hummer owners putting chrome 22's on, and our front diffs exploding, and our 225 horsepower engines pulling our 5000 pound rigs around town, it's all the same thing.

Oh yeah, I forgot. FJs have like what, double or triple the horsepower of an H3. They don't come with 22s.

I think that they're missing something: Alpha H3. Iron front diff, V8, problems solved.

The FJs still have the aforementioned non-offroadish attributes.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
Oh yeah, I forgot. FJs have like what, double or triple the horsepower of an H3. They don't come with 22s.

I think that they're missing something: Alpha H3. Iron front diff, V8, problems solved.

The FJs still have the aforementioned non-offroadish attributes.

Who are you trying to convince? Me, everyone else, or yourself? We all bought Hummers Huck. That should state our opinions clearly enough, without looking like we are driven to convince all the others for our own reasons (whatever they might be).

Many of them do the same thing you're doing. They have many more reasons for insulting Hummers than the few examples I gave above.

My buddies mostly drive modified Jeeps. Jeeps are good off road. We still give each other crap sometimes, but I'm satisfied with the choice of owning an H2 and H3.

If you wheeled with an FJ, and he could do most everything you could do, (and vice versa) probably wouldn't change your opinion one bit.

P.S. I don't buy foreign products when American is available at around the same money.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 08-28-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

HAHAHA!!! Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's crappy news about the FJ. But it still rates high on my list. Especially the original FJs.

I bet stagger_lee's 71' FJ40 can out wheel H3s ANYDAY.

My Video Collectionez