H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

MSeeb is off the scale

I am getting ready to have my new Magnacharger installed on my 05 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if it might be necessary to install the corvette 2-4 shifting servo setup in the tranny. I know my 03 with the Magnacharger slipped quite a bit when shifting under WOT. Does anyone know if the corvette servo setup will work in the 2005 4L65E transmission? And if so would it be beneficial to have it installed? Any feedback or info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

MSeeb is off the scale

I am getting ready to have my new Magnacharger installed on my 05 in a couple of weeks and was wondering if it might be necessary to install the corvette 2-4 shifting servo setup in the tranny. I know my 03 with the Magnacharger slipped quite a bit when shifting under WOT. Does anyone know if the corvette servo setup will work in the 2005 4L65E transmission? And if so would it be beneficial to have it installed? Any feedback or info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

I thought you were considering a 402 stroker?

Please give me a shout when you can. I have done some research for you.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

If I have received correct info, I believe SC's come with programmers that allow you to run different set ups on the tranny. What if you have installed the Corvette servo, does that make the use of programmer useless for setting up the transmission?

Can somebody tell what kind of job is it to install the Corvette servo and having that installed can you securely run higher boosts than 5 lbs?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm preparing to add 2/4 servo from an 2005 Vette. Always use a servo from the same year Vette as Your H2.

Also go to vacuum modualtion instead of the electronic that comes on H2. You get much better line pressure which means reducing band slippage greatly. Tranny lives longer now.
If most SC allowed You to tune with a programer it may be possible that You could tune tranny after these mods but, because the tuning they give with kit does not allow it anyway You are doing tuning by changing servo's etc. For instance the Magna Charger superchips does nothing except download the tuning that Magnuson wants You to have and the tranny adjustment is weak enough to slip the bands to ruin tranny early in it's life. It will not even let You change tire size on the cookie cutter tuners that come with most SC. They make adjustments in small amounts holding back quite a bit of perf. that is still left their for You to get. By adding the changes to the tranny You are helping tune it when the pocket tuner will not.

That is why I'm making the changes as it will not affect that tranny adjustment from kit tuner because it does not let You tune tranny anyway. You will be tuning tranny with these mods since programmer does not.
If You use a tuning software like HPTUNERS You make the changes I mentioned and then You take advantage of the added shift pressure and line pressure with the software and many more changes as it will allow You to actually adjust tranny to take advantage of the better perf. mods You created with 2/4 servo and vacuum modulation.
So get Your forced induction, buy a great tuning software program You can use on Your laptop and get anywhere from 40 to 80 more HP with like gains in torque. It does not sound like leaving much on the table but, I have run the superchip and then My tune with HPTUNERS and that much gained makes big difference. Plus it just toughens the tranny up by letting You program the tranny more than the pocet tuner does.

I hope I have helped. I have been ill and still am so if I have confused some please PM Me and forgive if I messed up some.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Hummer Authority

The servo's do nothing to help Your engine handle more boost. The servo's help tranny to handle the higher boost and power better. Two different area's not connected really. I guess if You looked at it like I have raised the dependability of My tranny to handle more boost then that may encourage You to run more boost. But, the boost damage will be in the block once You get to the point the low end cannot handle the increased stress.
TAZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
If I have received correct info, I believe SC's come with programmers that allow you to run different set ups on the tranny. What if you have installed the Corvette servo, does that make the use of programmer useless for setting up the transmission?

Can somebody tell what kind of job is it to install the Corvette servo and having that installed can you securely run higher boosts than 5 lbs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 10-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

How much boost is to much for the stock bottom end? My figure is about the 500HP mark, or 5-6lbs. Is the H2 6.0L a LS6 engine?

Anytime you change the performance of your vehicle, I would suggest dyno tuning for the best fuel ratio and power. "Tune inna box" is close, but each vehicle is a little different. The servo idea is good even if you don't add a blower. It is an easy mod that takes maybe 45 minutes to do.

TAZ- Could you elaborate a little more on the vacuum modulator? Does this effect the ECM? How do you set yours? How do you reference the signal? Thanks..

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 10-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about how much is too much but if 500hp at the block is your goal then the stock config of a Magna Charger running there stock program will get you that.

I have not had custom tunning yet and I'm still getting 12.5 mpg on the frw running at 80mph. So without changing the pully size just slap on an SC add headers and a cat back system and you're good to go for your goal of 500hp

I agree fully that dyno tuning is great if you can find a 4x4 dyno. There don't seam to be many in the country. LAPD (Los Angels Performance Division) in Chatsworth Ca is the closest one I could find using Vegas as the center point of the search.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fastest H-Town Realtor:
How much boost is to much for the stock bottom end? My figure is about the 500HP mark, or 5-6lbs. Is the H2 6.0L a LS6 engine?

Anytime you change the performance of your vehicle, I would suggest dyno tuning for the best fuel ratio and power. "Tune inna box" is close, but each vehicle is a little different. The servo idea is good even if you don't add a blower. It is an easy mod that takes maybe 45 minutes to do.

TAZ- Could you elaborate a little more on the vacuum modulator? Does this effect the ECM? How do you set yours? How do you reference the signal? Thanks.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Hummer Authority

Fubar You are correct in getting the 500 HP at the flywheel with the basic setup and air intake and a few other add ons with 5 to 6 lbs. of boost. You can get that fairly easy.

Fastest I have not gotten to the vacuum modulator yet as rig has been in paint for going on 3 weeks now so hoping to do it soon. I have a Vette master mechanic helping Me with the modulator and 2/4 servo. The servo is something You can do yourself but, there are allot of small roller bearings and My eye site is not great so I wanted to let My friend install it along with modulator. I'm at the same point You are asking is how will the signal be handled since modulation stock is controlled electronicaly. I'm told it is no big deal and the modulator is still controlled by electronics but with the vacuum You start from a higher line pressure position at the vacuum so the modulator does more with less adjustment and allows more adjustment above factory if needed.
I hoped that made since. But, in a month or so i will be finished and have allot more on paper with run and tuning software I'm hard wiring into the backside of the OBD2 port so I can scan all the time and stop and edit and flash computer anytime I see something that could stand improvement. The tuning software will be on startup in the computer We built and computer will boot up when rig is started and shut itself down after engine is killed. The software will load after windows XP loads and come up on the 12" touchscreen. I will be able to use the screen or wireless keyboard and mouse. We will add verbal contol on top of this other control once We make sure it all works.
Voice recognition is getting now where it recognizes letter sounds in general and do not have to be trained to Your voice. My new Motorola v710 does not allow Me to even add a voice dial to a name. It does it automatically. I just say the name and it recognizes letters. So We have a program from a guy at Raytheon that is being made to work on most computers.
It is some old military software that is not used because they have advanced it so much so He can use it. Plus He is a developer for the newer voice recognition.

One thing I have tried to mention guys is even if You do no forced induction You can buy a good tuning software program like I use HPTUNERS and tune a completely stock engine to get more power or improve fuel economy. do not think of the software on a laptop as somethng just for the racers or power hungry. The tuning in a can is OK and a little less expense but, for the more You pay for HPTUNERS and others You will get double the control of Your rigs computer in many areas. Adjust shift point on tranny set rev limiter lower just so many things it is hard to think of them all. I'm getting a set of software to tune My daughters 2001 Show Tiburon not to give her more power but, just make it run and drive better. Most likely look at air/fuel tables and lean it out and gain some MPG. So do not think the programers are just for performance as in speed or power. They are worth the money for any stock ride you have that someone has a package for.

If You contact HPTUNERS email Ken or Keith with questions and tell them their Buddy with the H2 they sponsor sent You and it may get You moved to the top of the response list or they may tell You hey do not ever talk to us again.
Seriously We have a good working relationship and I looked at allot of tuning software and I like theirs best for ease of use and for the fact they are constantly writing it and improving it. I got My first set and in less than 2 months they had upgraded it and sent Me new stuff. They are real good people.

TAZ
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM

therock is off the scale

The intercooled Magnacharger Radix kit will net about 120 more HP at the wheels. Do a before and after Dyno session for your own peace of mind.
The Vette servo will clean up your shifts. You need to tell your dealer what mods you have before ordering the kit so the programmer calibration will be set up for it.
There is not much you can do with the Magnuson\Superchips hand held but tire size and gear ratio.
I suggest you call Magnacharger and ask for Brian. All your questions will be answered accuratley there.