Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale
Default Re: Nappy headed hoes!!

Theres always XM. Jason whitlock was just on MNSBC and called JJ and big al terrorist and that they have a track record of stirring the pot then disappearing. They try to drag everything back to the 40's 50's.
Tucker said that he was very brave for saying that. He also said JJ needs to make a path straight to the Duke men and apologize!

If Imus chooses to come back, he'll be back in some form.
If Anna Nichole was still here this would have been small stuff!!! It's about ratings and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa1411
Iits official, IMUS is gone! He was fired today!
Yep, CBS fired him, too.

I think I'll start listening to him if he goes to XM.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

X2
Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
I think I'll start listening to him if he goes to XM.

I loathe Jackson, Sharpton, (MS)NBC, and CBS; but, I also think Imus is a turd. I would rather drive nails into my forehead than listen to his arrogant liberal B.S.

He's an odd guy, and he sometimes can be entertaining, but he way too often adopts these superficially-popular, but stupid, liberal causes.

He's an arrogant, insecure, liberal prick. See
http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/...jU4YzAzYzlmNTU=

He was always accusing Cheney of "war crimes." What BS.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Imus was just that, entertaining! Some thought so and some didn't. So what! No one held a gun to our heads and made us watch him and as far as DICK Cheney What has Cheney done thats so great?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee
Imus was just that, entertaining! Some thought so and some didn't. So what! No one held a gun to our heads and made us watch him and as far as DICK Cheney What has Cheney done thats so great?

It's not whether one likes Cheney or not, but I truly despise comparisons of modern U.S. politicians (on either side) to Nazis (who killed/tortured tens of millions of people out of racial ideology) or others who have really committed war crimes. People who think that any U.S. leader has committed war crimes knows nothing about the recent or long-term history of warfare. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on engaging in a war using smart munnitions and unbelievable restraint and subjecting our own troops to significant casualties in order to prevent excess destruction to the people in the lands where we are fighting. We have the power and technology to transform in minutes any part of the Middle East into what Dreden, Hamburg, Tokyo, and Hiroshima looked like in 1945. Arguably, that would not be a war crime. Certainly, what we are doing now is not a war crime.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

I don't think Imus thinks in his heart that Cheney is a Nazi any more than what he said about those girls. Remember Imus is ,was, a " Shock Jock". I and others question what Cheney and others are doing. Is right, wrong? I do know. I'm not privy to classifed info. I do care what happens to my kids, Your kids, you or anyone for that matter that risks their life for freedom.
For ANY leader to put someone in harms way for no reason and to cause that person to loose their life to gain nothing is a crime.
Ask anyone who has had their loved ones head sawed off and drug through the streets if that is a crime. That wouldn't have happened if we weren't there.
That is just my opinion and I respect yours as well.

And just think. this thread was about nappy headed hoes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
I don't think Imus thinks in his heart that Cheney is a Nazi any more than what he said about those girls. Remember Imus is ,was, a " Shock Jock". I and others question what Cheney and others are doing. Is right, wrong? I do know. I'm not privy to classifed info. I do care what happens to my kids, Your kids, you or anyone for that matter that risks their life for freedom.
For ANY leader to put someone in harms way for no reason and to cause that person to loose their life to gain nothing is a crime.
Ask anyone who has had their loved ones head sawed off and drug through the streets if that is a crime. That wouldn't have happened if we weren't there.

Yeah, we didn't invade Afghanistan after the 98 Cole incident and all of the other Al Qaeda acts against us when we knew they were escalating things, which would have involved risking having some military casualties. Then 9/11 happened. Yet, if we had done that, people would never know that 9/11 never happened, because people don't understand deterence, but they would know about the casualties, and they would be calling the military commanders, and perhaps Al Gore, war criminals. It's pretty silly.

If you don't believe Bush/Cheney that we didn't go in "for no reason," listen to what the Democrats were saying BEFORE we went in and things got messy; not the revisionist history now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kerry
Second, without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. He miscalculated an eight-year war with Iran. He miscalculated the invasion of Kuwait. He miscalculated America's response to that act of naked aggression. He miscalculated the result of setting oil rigs on fire. He miscalculated the impact of sending scuds into Israel and trying to assassinate an American President. He miscalculated his own military strength. He miscalculated the Arab world's response to his misconduct. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp
Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
It's not whether one likes Cheney or not, but I truly despise comparisons of modern U.S. politicians (on either side) to Nazis (who killed/tortured tens of millions of people out of racial ideology) or others who have really committed war crimes. People who think that any U.S. leader has committed war crimes knows nothing about the recent or long-term history of warfare. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on engaging in a war using smart munnitions and unbelievable restraint and subjecting our own troops to significant casualties in order to prevent excess destruction to the people in the lands where we are fighting. We have the power and technology to transform in minutes any part of the Middle East into what Dreden, Hamburg, Tokyo, and Hiroshima looked like in 1945. Arguably, that would not be a war crime. Certainly, what we are doing now is not a war crime.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Like I said, I'm not privy to government classified documentation and I can only make a judgement and opinion on what I see and observe. Is the war working?? Protect our country, Hell yes. If it came down to defending fighting for this country with a butter knife I would.
Do we need to be the World saviors, you tell me. What next take on Iran, China.........? When we run thin on troops then what? The men we have are tired and are going to be staying an additional 3 months on their tours.
We had the chance to get Hussein years ago and didn't. I don't have all the answers and you and I can debate this till the cows come home.

Oh and by the way, what Military division was Cheney in? Army, Airforce, Navy or Marines?

Now... about Nappy headed ho's
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not privy to government classified documentation and I can only make a judgement and opinion on what I see and observe. Is the war working?? Protect our country, Hell yes. If it came down to defending fighting for this country with a butter knife I would.
Do we need to be the World saviors, you tell me. What next take on Iran, China.........? When we run thin on troops then what? The men we have are tired and are going to be staying an additional 3 months on their tours.
We had the chance to get Hussein years ago and didn't. I don't have all the answers and you and I can debate this till the cows come home.

Oh and by the way, what Military division was Cheney in? Army, Airforce, Navy or Marines?

I thought you were defending calling Cheney a ?war criminal?? If he's not involved in the military chain of command, then I can't see how it could be so. If you are really saying, however, that someone involved in the military command (Cheney or someone else) sending his nation?s own troops to battle can be a ?war crime? just because some of the nation's citizens disagree with the war, then I really don?t know what to say. It?s objectively ludicrous. Few people or groups have ever been convicted of war crimes, and it?s not because of going to war. The Nazis weren?t convicted of war crimes because they invaded Poland, France, Russia, et al. It?s even more evil than unjustifiably going to war?which we didn?t. It was because they, like Saddam, gassed and tortured large numbers of civilians and the like. Bombing the sh!t out of an enemy?s military and economic infrastructure, even where it leads to civilian casualties has never been adopted as a war crime, because it advances a war aim. Genocide doesn?t. On the contrary, we?re fighting with our arms behind our backs to prevent damage to Iraq.

What you protesters will never know (I do?I was in the first Gulf War) is that, in times like these, what causes the most casualties is the resistance to the war and weakening the military commanders who fight it. Morale is almost everything in war. When troops know that they are doing something meaningful (BTW, the vast majority of them feel that, but it?s being eroded by the protestors), they fight much better with less casualties. This has been true for thousands of years. If the Democrats would magically tell the N. Koreans, the Iranians, and al Qaeda that ?look we think Bush is a dunce, and we disagree with all of his tax cuts, etc.., but, if you mess with us, we will support him 100% in his efforts to destroy you?don?t test us on that one,? the enemies would be shaking in their boots. Instead, they?re relying on the anti-war movement to do the dirty work against our own troops. A united America is unstoppable. Instead, you have Pelosi going to Damascus making up lies about what Israel is saying and, along with the Democrat leadership, trying to cut funding for the war. It?s demoralizing to our troops and inspiring to our enemies. That?s what is increasing the danger to our troops. Not the Democrat-sanctioned decision to go to war in the first place.

I'm done. I'm sure you'll take the last word and complain again about how long the debate is going on.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

Me too. I was just going to get some nails to drive in my forhead! Just kidding. Thank you for serving OUR country and I'm sure you served it well.

As far as having the last say, I'm not about that. Theres no doubt your a good man!! Now, lets go have a cool one and call it a day
Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Hummer Guru

Where in Indiana?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

humvee is off the scale

I'm on the west side of Indpls. a suburb
Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

CBS may be paying!

Reports state that Imus's contract stated he couldn't be fired without "Warning".

Also, CBS hired for him just what he did, being controversal. He earned them tens of millions of dollars.

Clause in contract could yeild him $40 mil.

Imus has hired a First Ammendment atty.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

He will settle for big bucks. CBS radio is for sale and redstone has lost the belly for fighting anymore. Radio is in BIG trouble, small owners will reemerge to offer more diverse products in the next few years as the large corprate owners go private or continue to sell off properties.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Interesting. I hope the First Amendment attorney has experience with breach of contract issues because this clearly has nothing to do with the First Amendment, which states that:

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Although the courts have extended the prohibitions beyond Congress to the executive and judicial branches of the federal government as well as the States (the latter through the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment), the courts have yet to extend the First Amendment's restrictions to the conduct of CBS.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Imus!

Everyone should have the right to call a nappy headed hoe - a nappy headed hoe....
Old 05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

That is just one of his lawers