H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

DID YOU SEE THE ONBOARD COMPRESSOR????? Built into the cargobox with drawers????

When can I have it? Now please
Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM

instructor is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Huck BB62:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by instructor:
I was driving the Alpha in that article, and there are off roaders in the R&D dept. just not many. GM pushed to get that truck to marker, they are not the designers of the WR stuff, Amstar (AMG and Starcraft) is. It takes time to get things like that developed, thats why you didn't see it right away.

Here is a link--- www.amstarfun.com

You see what I'm saying? That stuff doesn't take time to develop. Sway bar disconnect, done. Front lockers, done. Skid plates on the axles and hangers, done. Dual bead locks, done. Winch package, done. There's no R&D on these things, simply not properly catering to the Hummer buyers in the proper manner. I personally guarantee you that had this package been an option, I, and many MANY others on this forum would've bought it. The H3 works well with the Adventure package, but it's kinda like buying a chocolate cake only to discover that you can get icing on it. Can you put icing on a cake after you get it home? Sure! But wouldn't you rather BUY it that way? Everything professionally installed, included in the warranty, included in the purchase price (especially when I got 3.25% financing!!!!!) I could afford to add the stuff, but that's not my point. I'd be willing to bet that there's some people that at the time of sale would put it allllll on there (as evidenced by the long long long build sheets I've seen on here). Some of those people, not all, will NOT revisit the open pocket book mentality of the new sale, or can't afford it up front without it being included in the financing.

Spilled milk for sure, but DAMMIT GM, THINK, WILLYA? There's a reason Toyota's catchin' up. Sell us, we're easy, it just takes a little lovin'.

That being said, I'm 90% sure that my H3 will get most of these goodies that I can't make myself. One thing of note, the extra under protection and the rock bars should've been in the Adventure package. It's kind of silly to give some people a vehicle with a 4:1 tcase, a locker, and 4.56 gears the keys without it. Yeah, the price would've been higher, but it's like a peanut butter and air sandwich. Charge us for the jelly, but slap it on!

Dayum that project H3 is awesome!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't seem to understand that the H3 was built by GM, and the aftermarket parts were built by AMG and Amstar. Thats why there was a delay it getting them to market. Plus, there is a very very small portion of the H3 owners that would even know what this stuff is used for. It makes no sence to have these parts be part of the options list when .005% would want them. thats what aftermarket is for.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
One thing of note, the extra under protection and the rock bars should've been in the Adventure package.

Definitely.

Some of the other stuff would have been nice to get at the time of purchase, too. But like instructor said, what percentage of the H3 buyers need or even want that stuff. And what about dealer markup? It may end up being cheaper adding it on after.

BTW, that winch bumper/BG combo is fugly. The rest of it is pretty sweet though.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Steve - SanJose

And I expect that GM on the verge of bankruptcy will be making more business-minded decisions in the short run. All this offroad stuff would be nice, but the incremental sales and profit increase does not justify the investment.

I know my dealership here in Silicon Valley loves the whole aftermarket business, it sure adds to their bottom line.

S.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

you don't seem to understand that the H3 was built by GM, and the aftermarket parts were built by AMG and Amstar. Thats why there was a delay it getting them to market. Plus, there is a very very small portion of the H3 owners that would even know what this stuff is used for. It makes no sence to have these parts be part of the options list when .005% would want them. thats what aftermarket is for.

I guess those Rubicon and Powerwagon developers didn't get the memo?

Hey, I understand that aftermarket is your livelyhood. What I'm talking about is that this stuff should've been available on the H3, from the factory, from the get go. It's a H U M M E R. GM is playing ball of the highest stakes. No one, on any forum, any where should've been able to put down the H3 as a poser, or incomplete off-roader. GM should've hit a home run. They got a double with the regular H3, and a triple with the Adventure package, but really, it's kinda like admitting that they knew what it'd take but didn't really want to go there.

Don't get me wrong, my money's where my mouth is on this issue. I'm offering this up as an answer to why GM isn't getting it completely. Tons of talented people and good ideas but they pull up when it's time to swing for the seats. Building the ultimate isn't rocket science or an R&D nightmare. Just pick up the past forty issues of any offroad magazine, there ya go.

Not one thing in the Wilderness Ready H3 is innovative or new, not one. If you're gonna bother to do something, why not do it right and kick the krap out of the competition, don't leave 'em any breathing room, leave no doubt.

When the offroading community think offroad, it should think Hummer, out of the box. They aren't. They say "What about the front locker?" "What about the swaybar disconnect?" And there's only two vehicles that listened to them, Dodge Powerwagon, and the Jeep Rubicon. The other attributes of the H3 held sway when I chose the H3. Great ride, good place in back for the dog, good handling. The Wilderness Package H3 addresses just about every sniggle I had about what's missing save the solid front axle and that would've impacted the great handling.

Thanks for commenting back on this, just a sore spot, and one that only my check book can tend to.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

bjc is off the scale

Anybody heard when and where we can buy this stuff? I have sent multiple emails to Amstar and contacted my dealer as well...I have heard nothing
Birch White H3 Manual, Adventure Package, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Off-Road Lamps, Splashguards, Black Tubular Assist Steps, Black Crossbows, Mudder Mats, Ski Rack, Warn XD9000 w/ DOI Hawse Winch Bumper, DOI Prototype Skid Plates, M101A1 3/4 ton trailer.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:42 PM

Edspad is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
DID YOU SEE THE ONBOARD COMPRESSOR????? Built into the cargobox with drawers????

That is Cool, plus you can stash your tools in the drawer. Like a Good Socket set to tighten up your brush guard when it almost fall's off

Old 03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Wirh that cargobox you almost have a fold flat floor.
I would also like to know were you could get there stuff and prices.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Edspad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:

That is Cool, plus you can stash your tools in the drawer. Like a Good Socket set to tighten up your brush guard when it almost fall's off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Wheeler is off the scale

I really liked the Wilderness Ready article in HMR. I think that is one hot little truck. I was poking around on HMR’s website and found more pics if any one is interested. Just go to their Multimedia tab and have fun. There is also a reader survey you can fill out, at the end of which; you can watch AM General’s WR H3 presentation. Pretty cool!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

Did you see this tire cover!?! I WANT IT!
Attached Images

Boulder Grey H3
Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Diz - there's another thread on this.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...5/m/4711002461

Old 04-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Elcova Newbie

HMR Editor is off the scale

I received an e-mail from a friend...

Last edited by DRTYFN : 04-17-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

Thanks Sewie!

Boulder Grey H3