Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Prius Explosion Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybird
Seeing a Prius fly off a ramp and explode just has a certain beauty to it.

Will it make it up a ramp???
Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nope we've been sticking to our guns despite the *many* requests to switch to a Hummer. That's probably been the number one response actually to our project -- "Why not blow up a Hummer instead". But that's not the plan.

Plus, this whole thing got started because our friend Paula (the girl in the video) has the Prius -- we want to blow up Paula's Prius. It's waaay funnier to blow up her Prius than in my opinion *any* other car out there.

Seeing a Prius fly off a ramp and explode just has a certain beauty to it.

HEXCELLENT! HEEEEXCELLENT!!!!

O.K. I can spare a few bucks to your cause.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Hummer Novice

claybird is on a distinguished road

Didn't you watch the video? That Prius has some serious cajones! Actually it's not going to just go off the ramp straight, we want to give a true Hollywood off-axis twist! We think the Prius can do it.....but again we're breaking new ground here so who knows what'll happen.

And thanks for the donation -- every dollar gets us closer to the goal!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Hmm .. you said $30k to pay for the Prius. They don't cost that much, plus you don't blow up new cars! And you said it was your friends Prius, that makes it free, she did challenge you to blow up her Prius right? So new goal is $70k!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Hummer Novice

Actually a fully loaded Prius is $30K...and she's not so much giving us the car out of the kindness of her heart as much as in exchange for a briefcase full of cash.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Well that's stupid then. She *bet* you that you couldn't raise enough money to blow up her car and film it. And if she loses the bet, she get's a briefcase full of money to cover the costs of a new fully loaded car...

Screw the Prius, I bet you can't raise enough money to drive my hummer into a sheet of drywall. If you can, just give me $80k for a new fully loaded truck! I hope I don't lose!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll pay a $1000 if you load the interior with some worthless politicians
Old 06-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Hummer Novice

She didn't bet us that we couldn't do it -- we came up with the idea and she said she didn't think we'd be able to pull it off...but offered to sacrifice her car if we could.

This all started as an idea to make a short, big budget movie....while we were drinking. It's like how you always come up with all these great plans at the bar but never follow through on them...we're actually following through.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Sounds like a bet to me. Not much of a sacrifice, is it? More like, I'll pay you $15k more than your car is worth if you give it to us, so we don't have to go looking for another one. I'm all for destroying new prius', but budget wise and common sense would tell you to get one from the junk yard, or steal one. Donating to buy somebody a PRIUS, of all cars, is not something I'd like to do.

My donation money would be better spent on a crackhead, at least I'd get to see a cool dance and know the money wasn't wasted!

Last edited by dеiтайожни : 06-13-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Hummer Novice

Well you're partially right. We could get a used one cheaper but then we wouldn't have as much of a story -- it's more fun to blow up your friend's car than it is to just grab one off a used car lot. We need story and characters.....and Paula talking about her car is by itself hilarious to us. If you click on her head on the website you can watch a clip....or if you're lazy you can just go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_reNaQArPA

...it's not a waste -- you'll get to see a Prius jump off a ramp and explode. Dancing crackheads are great for about 20 seconds, but this is something you can watch over and over.....timeless.

Last edited by claybird : 06-13-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
it's more fun to blow up your friend's car than it is to just grab one off a used car lot.

I couldn't agree more. But, buying your friend a new, more expensive vehicle than she previously had is not funny. Having your friend lose $15k worth of a vehicle and having to walk is hilarious. I'd pay for that, but I couldn't enjoy the video knowing everything worked out in the end for the prius owner.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Novice

While I agree the domain name help-us-screw-our-friend-over.com is funny, I think our friendship might be damaged if we just blew it up and said "see ya".
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Who cares? She drives a Prius! She doubted you could do something, if you can prove her wrong, she shouldn't be rewarded. It is a bet! You even said she would sacrifice her car if you could...

Sacrifice: a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value; "he had to sell his car at a considerable sacrifice"

If someone doesn't take a loss, there is no point except to add to your portfolio, buy you a camera, and your friend a new car.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Hummer Novice

No point? How about the entertainment value? That's ultimately what this is about -- making a funny piece of entertainment. There's not much on TV or in the theaters these days that has a higher meaning other than giving you a few laughs, or a thrill, or if you're the sensitive type a good cry.

I bet you watch stuff all the time that doesn't "have a point"....if not, you're a better man than I.

If you think it's funny you're welcome to support us, if not, don't. No worries either way.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

So how exactly is this any better than the pan handlers that sit on highway off-ramps asking for people's money? They at least give the illusion they are going to put it to good use and buy food. You are asking for a lot more money...with the intent of basically just burning it. WTF?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Bottom line is I'll give a few bucks just to see it happen. Now if we have a bunch of people that feel the same, then we have a show fo sho.

Hell, I paid $170 bucks just to get Shaggy and Amanda a hotel room and that was a wasted investment.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Hummer Novice

I never said it's a noble cause like feeding the homeless. But you will get something in return -- a funny entertaining film that ends with an awesome car explosion stunt. That's it. It's like when you drop $30 for a night at the movie theater for you and your date -- except we don't have a big studio to flip the bill.....that's where you come in...or not.....

...and thanks Dennis -- it's very much appreciated!

Last edited by claybird : 06-14-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Hummer Guru

We will only get something in return if our total donations reach $100k. Spending $30 at the movies, ensures you get something in return. Might not always be good, but it's something.

I get what you are doing, but I don't trust the amount you claim to need. We need to pay for a brand new fully loaded car to replace a used, probably not fully loaded car, because you don't understand how a bet works. Will our donation money go towards rent for a 20,000sqft house to rest in during the project? Do you need money to move the crew & equip to Romania for the shoot? The least you can do is say what the donations all go toward.

1. New Fully Loaded Prius
2. Camera & other equipment purchase
3. Food for a month
4. Rent for a year
5. Vacation
5. Oh...and a video!

You didn't expect to beg for $100k on the internet and not get ****, right? You want something for nothing, you will be getting way more out of this than what the peoples donation money is supposed to go towards. Since you are overcompensating your team, I can't seem to find the difference between you begging for money and some guy asking for rent money because he doesn't want to work.

Use your head, buy a shell of a prius from a junk yard, put it on a track, rent a camera, pull prius with cable over ramp, blow up some propane. If you are any good at film making, we won't know the difference between that $5000 shoot and the $100k one.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Hummer Novice

You're absolutely right that there are cheaper ways to do this. But our vision is to make a real film with a real Hollywood blockbuster feel -- not stuff a shell with a propane tank.

We plan on getting an interview with our stunt coordinator up in the near future so he can explain in more detail how all of that works. But we also plan on laying out the expenses more clearly so that it's easier to understand the pricetag.

I can't say there isn't risk involved, but we do plan on making this film.

Anyway, again, if you want to support our project go for it. If you think it's worth $1 of risk great. If not, that's great too.

Just think though, you've already gotten something out of this -- you can now tell your friends about this idiot you chatted with online who wants to blow up a perfectly good Prius. At least it's something to help fill the time until football season starts....
Old 06-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Hell, I paid $170 bucks just to get Shaggy and Amanda a hotel room and that was a wasted investment.
I call BS on that one. I never asked for the room...and you said you never said you got it for me so I do not feel like it is the same at all.