H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

OK , RYD ... let me see if I can break this down for you, I'm sure you still wont believe me but I really don't care and I have no reason what so ever to make up my mileage to impress you or anyone else on this forum. OK here we go ... first off I'm driving a base model with the 5 speed manual transmission and the 32 inch tires, To get optimal gas mileage with the manual transmission the computer monitors the engines rpm's and torque and tells you when to shift via a little flashing icon on the dash. How many people in your survey are driving that combo??? I can also tell you with the 4:56 rear, speed is the big MPG killer in the H3 and that's why I keep my highway speeds at around 60 MPH when you get up to 70+ MPH your mileage will go right down the toilet.. also to get the best mileage I try to accelerate as slowly and smoothly as posable and use the shift indicator .. I will admit this is "slug" driving but I drive 90 miles a day to work and need to conserve my gas and with that kind of driving I'll get over 20 MPG every tank... If I drive my H3 hard, shifting between 2500 and 3000 RPM's and running 70+ MPH on the highway my mileage drops to around 18.. also I didn't start getting my best mileage until after 6,000 miles. As far as my math skill I have managed a multi million dollar company for the last 20 years and was probably able to calculate gas mileage before most of you stopped wetting yourselves.

Now for all you non believers... GFY

that is all...