H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by MarineHawk:
You guys are Brutes! Brutes, I tell you! I'm running away!!!!!!! Now!!!! I'm going to start my own Hummer forum, and it's all going to be nicey-nicey and flowery. You can find it at delicate.flower.hummer.com. People will use more smiley faces and frowny faces will be strictly prohibited. New members will be required to go through an extensive, yet caring, regimen of sensitivity training. Flowers, love, and Hummers will be the themes.

Sounds like that benz forum...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Huck, I must apologize. In my rush to respond to your post I forgot to ask a very important question.

Can you post links to the threads you were the most offended by. I wanna make sure I don't miss any of the good stuff.

Old 02-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ken P. it doesn't take a backbone to be on a forum. You write of respect as if that word can be associated with a bunch of uncivil rantings on a forum. That's pretty amusing.

Zig, you're a real wordsmith.

Dan, it ain't about the whining, it's about someone offering some friendly advice. If it takes sack to be bored to tears by endless name calling and personal attacks, I must be a gelding.

Neo, gettin' messed with isn't what I'm talking about, no one's really landed hard on me yet at all so this isn't about thin skin on my part. What I've seen people write to and about other people is a pitiful statement on who they are. You for instance come off as just as you say, having fun, and lots of it, a great read every time. The bores that just hammer the crap out of people every time they get a chance are what I'm talking about.

CO Hummer, you really don't think I crave your acceptance do you?

Darth, it's not about thought, it's about the demonstrated lack of it. Again, no one insulted me, I'm just tired of having to mow through miles of the kiddie crap to get to the useful stuff here. It's not very entertaining after the billionth dork post.

MarineHawk, you're actually funny, sarcasm's a useful tool.

HummerJim, that's some good advice. I don't understand how the offroad thing correlates into liking what's going on here, but I get your drift.

Humrchic, you get it completely! Maybe Clinton's surgeon general had it right about some people needing to learn how to masturbate eh?

Grandman, I really hope you don't go. it'd be a bad day for the H3 forum if you did.

Sewie, you don't need to look far if that stuff entertains you. It's pretty rampant. If you really want to be entertained, check out the H3 chatroom. You wanna talk about offroading, forgeddaboudit. You wanna talk about H3s, forgeddaboudit. The definitely misnamed that chat room when they called it the H3 chatroom.

Anyhow, I'll really feel super bad if you guys don't like me, and my feelings will be hurt so bad, I'll be so lost without your acceptance.... WHOOYA!

Who's got the thin skin anyway?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Dood, you wasted at least a dozen good pad posts with that verbal diarrhea.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Huck BB62:
I consider this a very informative site. I learn a lot that dealers, and even other owners don't know. There's a disturbing aspect to this site though, and that's the complete lack of civility. No one minds a little ribbing, nudging, chain yanking. That kind of adds the spice of life. What disturbs me, and is running people off that would be a huge asset to this forum is the juvenile attacks and name calling. The big picture of this forum is beginning to take on the appearance of a bunch thirteen year olds yelling at each other at a skate park.

Is this the world you want to live in? Is this how you want people to view you? Not everyone here is that way, so if you're not, there's no reason to get ruffled. If you DO take offense to this, well, it's your forum too, just figure that you get what you put into it.

I seriously doubt that the potty mouth kiddies around here are that way in real life, they couldn't afford the dental bills or loneliness that would ensue.

I quit reading and posting on the MiniUSA forums because it was clearly populated, for the most part, radical left winged nut jobs that were very pious about driving a small car and how messed up SUV owners were. The barrage was constant. The sexual content was constant too. It was evident to me that there were too many young'uns that hadn't seen a boob, or were such social outcast that they were never really likely to either because that's all they ever talked about. Their vocabulary was stunted also because they wrote like sixth graders f that and the like. Yawn.... Towering intellects they were not.

So, wanna attack, be a cyber snot, be a name calling twit, go ahead. You'll certainly be in the company of like kind.

Yup, I can leave. If the kids don't calm down, it's likely. I'm not the only one I bet.

Whining bitch.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ken P. it doesn't take a backbone to be on a forum. You write of respect as if that word can be associated with a bunch of uncivil rantings on a forum. That's pretty amusing.

Zig, you're a real wordsmith.

Dan, it ain't about the whining, it's about someone offering some friendly advice. If it takes sack to be bored to tears by endless name calling and personal attacks, I must be a gelding.

Neo, gettin' messed with isn't what I'm talking about, no one's really landed hard on me yet at all so this isn't about thin skin on my part. What I've seen people write to and about other people is a pitiful statement on who they are. You for instance come off as just as you say, having fun, and lots of it, a great read every time. The bores that just hammer the crap out of people every time they get a chance are what I'm talking about.

CO Hummer, you really don't think I crave your acceptance do you?

Darth, it's not about thought, it's about the demonstrated lack of it. Again, no one insulted me, I'm just tired of having to mow through miles of the kiddie crap to get to the useful stuff here. It's not very entertaining after the billionth dork post.

MarineHawk, you're actually funny, sarcasm's a useful tool.

HummerJim, that's some good advice. I don't understand how the offroad thing correlates into liking what's going on here, but I get your drift.

Humrchic, you get it completely! Maybe Clinton's surgeon general had it right about some people needing to learn how to masturbate eh?

Grandman, I really hope you don't go. it'd be a bad day for the H3 forum if you did.

Sewie, you don't need to look far if that stuff entertains you. It's pretty rampant. If you really want to be entertained, check out the H3 chatroom. You wanna talk about offroading, forgeddaboudit. You wanna talk about H3s, forgeddaboudit. The definitely misnamed that chat room when they called it the H3 chatroom.

Anyhow, I'll really feel super bad if you guys don't like me, and my feelings will be hurt so bad, I'll be so lost without your acceptance.... WHOOYA!

Who's got the thin skin anyway?
Translation: LOOK AT ME!!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent! An intelligent troll! (And when I said "troll" I mean it in the most positive -- as in "one who brings entertainment" way )

And that folk, is exactly it. E N T E R T A I N M E N T

If you want info, facts, tips, install instructions, use the "FIND" button. I guarantee you, your question has been asked and asnwered at least a dozen times before in the past 3 years. Why? Because the H2 didn't change (materially) in 3 years. (Fact: the post Ken mentioned of my 'initiation', was the last original, previously-unasked H2 question )

Of course the H3 is different, but that's why everyone is kow-towing to F5Stop and others, for doing a great job of providing current and accurate info.

The rest of the time, this fine forum has become a real, living, honest, and most importantly imho, THE FUNNEST Hummer community in this world! (Thanks Jason! )

The question then, is why? Why do other Hummer forums seemed so dead, sterile, and down-right boring? The answer is because here, we have the... "potty mouth kiddies" who BOTHERED enough to invest hours and hours of their time to... POST -- period!!

You're right, this is your forum too. But remember, ask not what your (forum) can give to you, but what you can give to your (forum)...

How could anyone take your concerns seriously, if you yourself have NOT demonstrated that same generosity of your valuable time and effort, to be informative (check these "cyber snots" PAST posts if you doubt me), defensive (were you around when OTN or JU trolls were here attacking Hummers?), and most importantly (again) ENTERTAINING!

All for no money, nor for that matter, a simple thank you! Hell, if this forum was on TV, these fine folks would be raking in millions for providing reality-TV content! (Paul Sr of Orange County Chopper, anyone?).

In summary, do remember these simple facts:

1. The forum is for ENTERTAINMENT
2. GIVE (noobs, substitute "use FIND" ) before you ASK
3. FREEDOM of speech is your constitutional right
4. If your nice allatime, you're boring & a loser and NO ONE WILL LIKE YOU

So in the end, I just wanna say to all the 'ol timers (and those with at least 1,000 posts )...
<font size=100>THANK YOU!!</font> from the bottom of my entertained heart!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:15 AM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
3. FREEDOM of speech is your constitutional right Mad

This is a privately owned forum, you have no rights here! :P
Old 02-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Hummer Guru

Well said H2Finally!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by deicustoms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3. FREEDOM of speech is your constitutional right Mad

This is a privately owned forum, you have no rights here! :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting turn of the worm if I've ever seen one, I'm serious, that IS entertaining.

Attention whore, really, looking back, you guys in particular are killin' me, really, stop, it's just too much! Oh God, somebody get me a respirator, I'm gonna pass out. YOU guys calling me an attention whore?!?!? And I thought you weren't funny. Man, I've gotta start wearing depends!

Smart, er, Alec, at least the other guys came up with an attempt at funny graphics they cut and pasted from their forum arsenal, long wordy responses, put a little effort into it. You illustrate my point quite well. Wipe your chin when you're done. (see, I can be funny too!)

H2 Finally, I think I did miss the boat here. I really thought that general topic forums would be that, and the H3 forum would be something else. Perhaps, just maybe, I need to go to one of the new schools, and learn how to read so that I can just figure this all out. So even though one utilizes search, and trys to find, one STILL has to wade through volumes of inanity to get something useful.

Back to my main point, and it's pretty well confirmed, this forum's got 5% to do with Hummer H3s, and 95% to do with special education, I mean special interest people. It seems to me, that immature, juvenile rants (my two short posts are considered rants while others have THOUSANDS of posts saying NOTHING) are being considered entertainment.

Ok, I'll bite, what's entertaining about the hacking, name calling, lewdness and rudeness? For something to be entertaining to me, it has to be well thought out, informative, have some value to it, otherwise, it's about as fun, satisfying, and nutritional as tofu flavored bubblegum.

I've seen posters on here offer zero value, all they do is check in (obviously 80 times a day) to see if it's time to call someone a name, tell them to **** off, autofellate on the forum so that someone thinks they're cute, ANYTHING but talk about H3s! They say that anyone that doesn't like it has thin skin. When they read something that doesn't fit in with their party hearty, be like us or **** off attitude, piss on you view of the world, that they're thin skinned and narrow minded.

I repeat, who's thin skinned? Who doesn't want anyone else to speak? Who wants everyone else in the world to think just like they do?

I think I understand.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deicustoms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3. FREEDOM of speech is your constitutional right Mad

This is a privately owned forum, you have no rights here! :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting turn of the worm if I've ever seen one, I'm serious, that IS entertaining.

Attention whore, really, looking back, you guys in particular are killin' me, really, stop, it's just too much! Oh God, somebody get me a respirator, I'm gonna pass out. YOU guys calling me an attention whore?!?!? And I thought you weren't funny. Man, I've gotta start wearing depends!

Smart, er, Alec, at least the other guys came up with an attempt at funny graphics they cut and pasted from their forum arsenal, long wordy responses, put a little effort into it. You illustrate my point quite well. Wipe your chin when you're done. (see, I can be funny too!)

H2 Finally, I think I did miss the boat here. I really thought that general topic forums would be that, and the H3 forum would be something else. Perhaps, just maybe, I need to go to one of the new schools, and learn how to read so that I can just figure this all out. So even though one utilizes search, and trys to find, one STILL has to wade through volumes of inanity to get something useful.

Back to my main point, and it's pretty well confirmed, this forum's got 5% to do with Hummer H3s, and 95% to do with special education, I mean special interest people. It seems to me, that immature, juvenile rants (my two short posts are considered rants while others have THOUSANDS of posts saying NOTHING) are being considered entertainment.

Ok, I'll bite, what's entertaining about the hacking, name calling, lewdness and rudeness? For something to be entertaining to me, it has to be well thought out, informative, have some value to it, otherwise, it's about as fun, satisfying, and nutritional as tofu flavored bubblegum.

I've seen posters on here offer zero value, all they do is check in (obviously 80 times a day) to see if it's time to call someone a name, tell them to **** off, autofellate on the forum so that someone thinks they're cute, ANYTHING but talk about H3s! They say that anyone that doesn't like it has thin skin. When they read something that doesn't fit in with their party hearty, be like us or **** off attitude, piss on you view of the world, that they're thin skinned and narrow minded.

I repeat, who's thin skinned? Who doesn't want anyone else to speak? Who wants everyone else in the world to think just like they do?

I think I understand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just leave.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Huck, if you don't see how random posts of complete strangers in an internet forum about trucks, can cause such e-enragement to normally sane & mature successful adults who can afford Hummers, as entertaining, then, clearly you don't get it .

Too, rarely does the hackling started without cause (not saying never, but rare). If you care to follow it to the beginning, most are started as some idiotic comment -- answered as such, and continued in an escalating spiral of funnay. Or other times, they are often of some noobs who decided to take personal affront to the "noob-hazing", and sadly ending up crashing and burning. Then again, if YOU spent as much time here as those who call this forum home, you'd already know that .
Old 02-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Hummer Expert

They probably took it personally because it was meant personally.

Ok dokee H2Finally, I do take your point. I'll just read for awhile, maybe I'll understand this counter culture. It certainly is new to me, I've never witnessed people acting this way, it's all new to me.

I'm sitting here because it's my first night off the vicodin from my knee surgery just waitin' for the sun to come up. I can certainly see how people get addicted. Tomorrow's another day.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Hummer Authority

I'm sitting here because I'm in Canada (WORKING!! ) and winding down..

It's cool if you're willing to see my point. However, the objective is NOT to "just read", but jump right in and be part of the family! . You've never witnessed (real) people acting this way, because this is NOT the real world. It's the interweb, and it's entertainment -- THAT is my point exactly!

Btw, how was it meant personally, if one never ever meet, personally, prior? Get well soon and join us for a run sometimes!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Sewie:
Dood, you wasted at least a dozen good pad posts with that verbal diarrhea.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:41 PM

Grandman is off the scale

Quote:
sane & mature successful adults who can afford Hummers,

Well if your driving an H 2 that may apply to you , this is the H3 section so affording an H3 is not really a point giving there pricing .

Mature ? some are , did you read the post on ages ?