H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I took CNN off of my XM preset's along time ago.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
I took CNN off of my XM preset's along time ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never made it to my presets

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dani:
H3Lady- YAY! another person from Monroe! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my last name is Monroe!!! bow dooowwwnnnn!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 09:33 PM

RMSAZ is off the scale

I pretty much agree with the article.
-My gas mileage in the city is 16 mpg (that it true city start-and-stop driving, I expect it may improve slightly if I ease up a little).
-The visibility is poor.
-I disagree with the ride comment. The ride is better than other comparable vehicles.
-I totally agree that it looks sharp!
-It is a dog going up a steep incline. A six-year old pulling a wagon full of cinder blocks actually beat me up a hill. But absolutely NO ONE in their right mind buys an (off-road) SUV for on-road acceleration and handling. In the real world, it doesn't matter if the 0-60 time is 6.0 seconds or 10.0 seconds.
-The comment on the StabiliTrak is right on the money, ask Mercedes about that.
-I agree that they did a nice job on the interior.
-I disagree on the comment about "nasty hard plastic". For what I am using the vehicle for, I prefer the plastic over other materials.
-It is easier to maneuver than an H2 (I only know this from test driving an H2).
-Visibility is poor, I will add some convex mirrors and I am seriously thinking about adding a rear mounted camera.
-Good point on the recovery hooks.
-I disagree that it is not a nice mid-sized SUV. It may not be the most docile or refined, but it is without question, the most fun mid-sized SUV.

The bottom line is that it is not perfect.. but I still like my H3 better than just about anything else out there.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:50 AM

grimley is off the scale

I've been lurking here for a while seriously considering an H3, and after reading this review and the right wing hate mongering in the above posts I've come to the conclusion an H3 is not for me.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grimley:
I've been lurking here for a while seriously considering an H3, and after reading this review and the right wing hate mongering in the above posts I've come to the conclusion an H3 is not for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear it.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-19-2005, 01:55 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grimley:
I've been lurking here for a while seriously considering an H3, and after reading this review and the right wing hate mongering in the above posts I've come to the conclusion an H3 is not for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To each his own. I hope you find what you are after Hummer's aren't for everyone.

But I sure as hell know that mine was made for me. Mine is sitting outside screaming my name right now... Nope wait... that's my wife in the bedroom!

Gotta go... newly married... hope you'lll understand...

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 08-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've been lurking here for a while seriously considering an H3, and after reading this review and the right wing hate mongering in the above posts I've come to the conclusion an H3 is not for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeahhhh!!!!!! Should we give you a get away party or something. How about a nice diamond ring as a gift.

WTF here cares that you let an article and so called "right wing hate mongering" influence your personal buying options. You're a weak person and shouldn't deserve the joy of Hummer ownership so I think you are doing the right thing.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:52 AM

RMSAZ is off the scale

Wow, I thought the discussion was only about a car. It's sad to see someone go through life letting other people make decisions for them.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

No one should ever base the purchase of a vehicle on a website that contains an extremely small percentage of actual owners. No one should base the purchase of a vehicle on comments made in regard to a news agency that is hated by many, liberals, moderates and conservatives (ratings have pretty much proved this out over the past three years).
A person should base their purchase of a vehicle on the vehicle itself, your lifestyle, and whether or not you can afford it. If you are basing your purchase on the fact that it appears some people hate CNN, you didn't want the vehicle anyway, and were looking for an excuse to not purchase one.
Good luck in whatever you decide to purchase.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

This thread would probably not even be here if we were in agreement with Peter...so it would be hard to think what he said is spot on.

The whole right-wing hate...come on. If you buy a Hummer it is not like you need to jump off a donkey and hop onto an elephant. Freedom of choice, that is what this country is all about. Base decisions on your feelings and findings...not others.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

I didn’t think it was that bad. For the most part he is right. This car is defiantly not for everybody. For the money you can purchase a far more generously equipped SUV.

85% of SUV drivers are using them as DD’s (myself included). Lets face it for the average soccer mom a Pathfinder is probably a better fit. And I prefer it that way.

Having said that I come from the Wrangler school of philosophy. That philosophy states, “The more impractical it is the more I want it”.

Unfortunately that philosophy has been superceded by an even higher power and that power is “She”. And "She" hates my Wrangler.

I think what has everybody hot under the collar is the underpowered statement.

Is it underpowered compared to a Hemi Durango or a Hemi Cherokee? Absolutly. Lets face it, there are only a handful of SUV’s and Pick-ups out there that are slower. Am I buying it for 1/4 mile racing? Of course not. If they built it with an optional 265-V6 or a 300HP-V8 would i have purchased that option. Hell yeah

Truck Trend did an on/off road comparison of the H3, Dodge Power Wagon. Jeep Grand Cherokee, LR3, Land Cruiser and the Touareg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">“Our driver further noted that I-5 seems barely up to our highway-speed (with crosswinds) needs.” </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The H3 did come in 2nd out of the 6 edged out by the Land Rover LR3 ($53,245)

Here are the editor’s final notes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Second Place
Hummer H3

Hummers H3 is a humdinger. It’s incredibly capable, tackling nearly everything we put in its way and seemed to beg for more difficult terrain. The H3 misses the absolute 4x4 mark by a hair: It needs more power. Saddled with an incredible set of gears it works wonders in low range, but in 4 high or on the highway, the H3 feels like a baby hummer, were sure the turbo diesel or a V-8 option, the H3 would be a spectacular performer. Out other gripe is in the visibility department. The view out is about as poor as looking out the port of a rose parade float, and we would’ve had serious problems if we didn’t have a spotter for trail runs, or cresting hills.”
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me it’s always been about that rugged non-conformist look. Big tires, sucks being behind me, curbs mean nothing, medians even less, yeah there is a good chance I'm going to drive over you lawn and crush your azalea bush, sucking down gas cause I support the economy, screw you attitude.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Vincent is off the scale

Thanks Surferjo! Nice feedback!

I have to admit, I've made a few u-turns over medians...... Just for fun
And every time I see road construction, I get giddy
Old 08-19-2005, 01:24 PM

tacocat is off the scale

Wise words f5stop. In comparison to the other SUVs, the H3 is definitely not a stellar pavement pounder. It is not a glorified car, and it should not be expected to perform like one.

The H3 is quite a bit quicker and it feels like it has more power than my 4.0L WJ. I think it is fine on the power department. It may lag a little in higher elevations or long uphill climbs, but I think the general populace would be unable to handle an H3 with a V8.

Honestly, it is just the reviewers opinion, and it should matter very little. If you are happy with your rig, who cares what the others think. Consumer reports has rated all my cars as unreliable, except one. I owned a 91 Honda in college, and it was the most unreliable piece of crap I ever owned.

Perhaps these power hungry reviewers will prompt GM to go diesel or add a supercharger.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CNN Money Article - H3's "lazy fat guy"

CNN=Commie News Net
Old 08-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Steve - SanJose

old crap/article
Old 08-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale
Cool Re: CNN Money Article - H3's "lazy fat guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Are you really going to pay attention to the CommunistNewNetwork?
UM no.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point

One mans Opinion....My one man Opinion...Farg Him..!! Buy what you want...Drive where you want...For every Plus..there's a Minus...For every Minus ..There's a Plus.

As long as you enjoy what you bought and your happy... Screw CNN
Old 08-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley
I've been lurking here for a while seriously considering an H3, and after reading this review and the right wing hate mongering in the above posts I've come to the conclusion an H3 is not for me.

Ah, don't let it get ya down. If you love the vehicle, feel free to get one. I did.

Oh yea, ... Yea! Let's all turn on Fox News! The "fair and balanced network".
(Tomato, To-mah-toe)

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously though... what do you expect from folks who do not personally drive outside of the Atlanta area? Remember, these are people who declare a state of emergency over two inches of snow!!

But then again, I'd be more than happy to give Robin Meade and some of her female company a "test ride"!

Last edited by H3.007 : 08-18-2006 at 03:22 PM.