Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: Buying new pistol, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhillsat
Like the air horn idea

Had a yellow lab, two years ago at night at the cabin while we were out letting him take care of business, he hunkered down and gave out one of those primal gutteral growls - made the hair stand up on my neck. That was the summer the five bears were around and before we knew they were around.

He was the opposite of a real lab. Didn't like water and started growling at the neighbors - acted more like he was a german shepard guard dog.
Had to have the vet find him a home way out in the country.

Have a beagle now, better for the son and she has that beagle bark/baying sound

Will add the air horn to the bear spray arsenal.

But still liking the S&W 500

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/grab_071405/

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/community/inthefield/fieldguides/guidebooks-story-1.jsp;jsessionid=BYUBFIYTQXRTTTQSNOHCCO4OCJVZCIWE? hierarchyId=10201&contentId=vanzwoll_sw500&title=S %26W's+Hot+New+.500+Magnum&_requestid=1848&_reques tid=20178

http://www.hunting-fishing-gear.com/...splay/474.html

http://www.john-ross.net/s&wsuccess.htm

This will get ya to the store!, If You like the BIG Bore!

Just another shooters statement!

Ballistic Supply http://www.ballisticsupply.net/ makes high quality ammo at a fair price. They specialize in 500 S&W. They have at least 8 different loads for it. They range from a 350gr plated, FN bullet @ 800fps, they call their "defense load" to their 700gr hard cast @ 1200fps. The defense load was developed at the request of several indoor range owners who sold 500s in their shop and wanted customers to be able to shoot them without knocking down the walls of their range. Ballistic Supply will also load the defense load with 370gr and 440gr, at your request. The 350gr version allowed me to actually fire my 4" 500 S&W double action and hit tin cans, reliably, at 25 yards. If I sound like a commercial for them, it's because they worked to get some ammo to me, at short notice, when I left for Alaska last fall. Here's a couple of pictures of their big boys. The top pic is their 700gr and the bottom is the 535gr.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Ummm..... isn't that just a standard G17

On second thought, I assume that's what he is referring to. When I first saw "M-17," I thought he was referring to a 2nd gun - one of these:
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Hummer Authority

The more I read about this Hand Cannon, the more I see it has in common with the H2!!

It went from design to production is a year

Setting the STOCK Bar, Very High!-- LIKE NOTHING ELSE! , Dusting The competition!

IT'S To BIG!....IT'S To MUCH!...IT COSTS TO MUCH TO FILL! (Bullet Guzzler!)...Ridiculed because, NOT EVERYONE CAN HAVE OR HANDLE.. THE..BIG!..METAL!

You shouldn't be allowed to Have Or Buy That Thing, because you will never use it for it's INTENDED PURPOSE!

Huffington has another agenda! Claiming Waste! Waste!...Their gonna use up all the Lead! That's just Excessive! They use Slave MINORS, (working under the worst possible conditions!) to mine the LEAD, and fill the Cylinders of those BIG BULLET GUZZLERS!...And send the proceeds to terror groups! BIG BRUTES!

It's Just NOT RIGHT!---That You Spend YOUR Money! ---And Have THINGS!-- That NOT EVERYONE ELSE CAN!....

It's Made In The USA!

Raving Experts!---ON PLATFORMS!--Ridiculing--Generating Product Hate--REVIEWING!--SPECULATING--Eagerly waiting To Embelishing ANY negitive!------?..With Absolutly ZERO!--HANDS ON EXPERIENCE!---Trying To Control the Weak!...and Causing $hit!

I'd Almost nominate the 500, as the Official Hummer Handgun! Both Have a LOT in common--IMHO!

Any Spelling Errors Are the FAULT Of The KeyBoard!--I Bear No Responsibility........

Last edited by Big Z : 07-26-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSSSS
Big Z: I'm particularly interested in the effect of the recoil compensator. Be sure to give us some focus on that when you write your report.

Thanks,

George SSSS

As SOON as My Hand Heals UP! I'm field testing!----Rock Chucks---Sage Rats---Bugs Bunny (Gallon jug size, and better!)--Kill Da Wabit!--jackalope-- then, into the Canyon of Lions!---Might get one to come out and play! J/K. (yes taking shotguns and friends when vermit hunting...Well, shotgun anyway!)----Since I need to Harvest some trees--Can't think of a better time to test--What size tree it will go through!--What size I can Fell with 5 rounds----Boulder Check (in case I need to do a little Trail Trimming! Or/and more likely, Destroy such offending Carnage Causing Protrusion )....3" concrete pads stacked--3,6,9"?....Watermellons.... Waaa Ha! Just hope the N double don't make a fuss!....Must find NOW, and Just hit me!..BIG!!--- Cinder Boulders!-----F'N A!!

Naaaa! I don't like the BIG BORES, and BOOMS!--But, Here's The 1" Bore!!---favorite loads--1/2 rolls! any denomination! W/Quarters Being the Bad BOYS of the bunch! Just Luv them Coin Machines!---Give Um Hell George!---Here Comes some ROCK SALT! ----Fourth Of July IS A BLAST!!....6 Regulars, Only 3 BIG BORES!--But Still, BIG BOOMS! Haaaa Haaa Haa Ha!

On the SERIOUS side Now, This stuff is for Experienced shooters, and I sure don't recommend ANYONE jump into the BIG bores, unless a far amount of 44Mag time is in your arms! Would hate to hear of Broken Thumbs, Wrists, arms, faces,.........Or Anything Else! Safety First!

Last edited by Big Z : 02-16-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

I ended up getting one of these tonight. A .45 ACP XD made by Springfield Armory.

Name:  AngleLeftLarge (Small).jpg
Views: 349
Size:  31.6 KB

I got one of these since I already have a .357 and a .44 both S&W.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

That is definitely a stopper.
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
I ended up getting one of these tonight. A .45 ACP XD made by Springfield Armory.

Attachment 25928

I got one of these since I already have a .357 and a .44 both S&W.

Nice piece!...Ya get the 4 or 5 inch?
Old 07-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Pleaze! Let this thread DIE! before my husband sees it and has to buy yet another weapon of mass construction!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Hummer Authority

I got the 4 inch.

Husband needs another weapon, please show thread to him thanks
Old 07-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 Rocks
Pleaze! Let this thread DIE! before my husband sees it and has to buy yet another weapon of mass construction!

Have Trent Give me a call! You can count on me!-- to help talk him out of a BIG Magnum!

Last edited by Big Z : 07-28-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
As SOON as My Hand Heals UP! I'm field testing!----Rock Chucks---Sage Rats---Bugs Bunny (Gallon jug size, and better!)--Kill Da Wabit!--jackalope-- then, into the Canyon of Lions!---Might get one to come out and play! J/K. (yes taking shotguns and friends when vermit hunting...Well, shotgun anyway!)----Since I need to Harvest some trees--Can't think of a better time to test--What size tree it will go through!--What size I can Fell with 5 rounds----Boulder Check (in case I need to do a little Trail Trimming! Or/and more likely, Destroy such offending Carnage Causing Protrusion )....3" concrete pads stacked--3,6,9"?....Watermellons.... Waaa Ha! Just hope the N double don't make a fuss!....Must find NOW, and Just hit me!..BIG!!--- Cinder Boulders!-----F'N A!!

Naaaa! I don't like the BIG BORES, and BOOMS!--But, Here's The 1" Bore!!---favorite loads--1/2 rolls! any denomination! W/Quarters Being the Bad BOYS of the bunch! Just Luv them Coin Machines!---Give Um Hell George!---Here Comes some ROCK SALT! ----Fourth Of July IS A BLAST!!....6 Regulars, Only 3 BIG BORES!--But Still, BIG BOOMS! Haaaa Haaa Haa Ha!

On the SERIOUS side Now, This stuff is for Experienced shooters, and I sure don't recommend ANYONE jump into the BIG bores, unless a far amount of 44Mag time is in your arms! Would hate to hear of Broken Thumbs, Wrists, arms, faces,.........Or Anything Else! Safety First!

You are Ted Nugent aren't you - go on admit it.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
I got the 4 inch.

Husband needs another weapon, please show thread to him thanks

roflmao!, Now that's funny! I Don't care who ya are! Lord Forgive Her and Be with the Pigmies in......! :-)

Never Had that Problem! Wife in Very concerned when it comes to My Weapons, and Safety! And Never Fails to remind ME! With.......Now, Damn-it! YOU BE CAREFUL WITH THAT THING!!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Rox! It was almost safe! Trent!...You are veeerrryyy sleepy.... your eyelids are soooo very heavy.... You will make the drive!!! When I count to 3 you will feel refreshed and ready to plan your trip---To SportsMan WareHouse! Magnum...Magnum.....Magn...........

1..... 2..... 3

WRONG!!!! MAGNUM!!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Authority

22LR....44Mag......500Mag.....Have A Nice Day!

Old 08-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Z
Forgot the Venerable 22 And 22Mag!
Sorry don't know much about hand guns. Would you please label the bullets?
I just never got into target shooting with handguns @ stationary targets. Was boring. I enjoy shooting skeets and clays. I enjoy upland hunting but not deer, turkey, or duck- again, too much waiting around to shoot at something stationary. Too ADHD, I guessed .

Questions for Eldave. What makes you think that you can get a shot on target at a mountain lion that has been stalking you as you are backpacking about, enjoying nature? A bear can run at what, 10-12 mph? I supposed that a Grizzly will give you a moment to get a shot off as it is trying to warn you off but a hungry black bear looking for food? What about taking the time to learn about bear behavior, mating season, roaming habitat in order to avoid running into them? Not telling, just asking out of "ignorance".

As for home defense and knife, as Crocodile dundee said "that's not a knife, this is a knife".
Attached Images

H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 08-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
I just never got into target shooting with handguns @ stationary targets. Was boring. I enjoy shooting skeets and clays. I enjoy upland hunting but not deer, turkey, or duck- again, too much waiting around to shoot at something stationary. Too ADHD, I guessed .

Questions for Eldave. What makes you think that you can get a shot on target at a mountain lion that has been stalking you as you are backpacking about, enjoying nature? A bear can run at what, 10-12 mph? I supposed that a Grizzly will give you a moment to get a shot off as it is trying to warn you off but a hungry black bear looking for food? What about taking the time to learn about bear behavior, mating season, roaming habitat in order to avoid running into them? Not telling, just asking out of "ignorance".

As for home defense and knife, as Crocodile dundee said "that's not a knife, this is a knife".
that's not the wakizashi I saw you with last
Old 08-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD

I really thought someone would of taken a stab at the line! By Now!

Let's see! From Left to right...

12Guage"OO" Buck--500Magnum--45acp--44Mag--40 S&W--357Mag--38Spl--9mm Lugar--380--22Mag--22LR

Old 08-01-2006, 05:08 AM
Hummer Authority

My 45 acp looks so small next to alot of those cartridges

Glad I have a 44, a couple of 357's and a 38 for good measure.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD

I don't know if I'll be able to guard against mountain lions. Only if I'm lucky to see them first (that's what dogs are for, and they have growled for no reason in the woods, mountain lion or not, I'll rely on them for early warning).

Bears can run 30+ mph. But typicaly bear behavior is to pose/posture, rear up, growl, then fake charge, then full charge. Unless you come upon them while feeding, and you are being an idiot by not making noise, you will have enough time to be ready.

I'd say I'm very familiar with bear territory (weeklong bike trip, separate backpacking trip in Alaska, backpacking for 6 weeks in Montana, backpacking through Glacier & Yellowstone, North Cascades, plus a run-in live w/a black bear while pheasant hunting near Yakima, WA). I rarely go out in bear country w/out sounds, whistling, dogs, etc. My preference is to avoid contact at all costs, but when it does happen, I don't want to have to worry about it. I shouldn't be stupid enough to come up on a bear feeding, since hopefully I'll have done everything to not put myself in that situation.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Careful evldave, you'll put an eye out with a gun.