H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 H1 Test Drive

I looked at a nice yellow 1995 H1 4 passenger hardtop yesterday with 49,500 miles and the 6.5 diesel. It had the upgraded '97 HVAC system, the owner also said the transfer case drain plug had been upgraded from a rubber plug to a metal one. It drove nicely but the seats showed definite signs of wear and the passenger side front window had a small crack. It was the original owner and he still had the sticker showing it retailed for $59.7k. I was amazed at how well it drove. My only complaint was lots of engine heat coming up through the shifter boot, which was nice yesterday, but could be a pain in the summer and the front end dip on braking whcih everyone tells me is normal. Maybe a Christmas present to myself???????

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1995 H1 Test Drive

What are you driving now?

The H1s are such awesome machines...as soon as I hit that MegaMillions I'll put one in the driveway, until then the H2 will do. What's he asking for it?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road

I'm with Guru---driving a deuce now but eyeballing 1's. I'm not going to wait for the Mega Millions payout, that might take a little longer than I want!
I've found a really nice 02 that I've been staring at but far from jumping on.
Sounds like a nice 1 you've test driven. Seat wear can be expected, you might just be able to have a new lower cover put on, normally the driver seat is the only one needing attention.
While I might find the window crack annoying, it wouldn't be a show stopper. Now the heat from the shifter boot---you're right, that could suck. Both of those can be handled at one time---take off the doors! Hopefully you'll find a better fix for it though.
But if those are the only concerns, you shoulda brought it home after the test drive!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerMann
I looked at a nice yellow 1995 H1 4 passenger hardtop yesterday with 49,500 miles and the 6.5 diesel. It had the upgraded '97 HVAC system, the owner also said the transfer case drain plug had been upgraded from a rubber plug to a metal one. It drove nicely but the seats showed definite signs of wear and the passenger side front window had a small crack. It was the original owner and he still had the sticker showing it retailed for $59.7k. I was amazed at how well it drove. My only complaint was lots of engine heat coming up through the shifter boot, which was nice yesterday, but could be a pain in the summer and the front end dip on braking whcih everyone tells me is normal. Maybe a Christmas present to myself???????

Its an H1! Thats what they do. ALL H1's have thier own character. As a prev 95 H1 owner, 2001 and 2002 owner I can tell you that I WOULD LOOK to BUY no other year than an 03. I have owned 11 Hummers and H1's are by far my favorite, however unless you plan on spending a ton of repair cash on that 95 D please get a 03 or above. In 2003 they worked most of the kinks out and was Hummers best mechanical year. (DIRECT QUOTE FROM SCOTT LIEST HEAD OF HUMMER ENGINEERING)
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the input!! I've owned two H2s and one H3 and most of what I know about H1s comes from this board, online reading, a ride with Lynch in his when I was in St Louis and the test drive in this one.

Hummer, like nothing else