H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-08-2005, 03:38 PM

H34me? is off the scale

I finally saw the H3 on the dealer's lot. It was already sold so we couldn't test drive it --just view the interior. I drive a Suburban, so I am comparing my likes and dislikes on the H3 to that:

You gotta love the look--too cool. I appreciate the fact that GM has come out with a smaller version of the H2 which is a little too big for me. Better gas mileage is also a plus.

I thought it was kind of small. Now, don't anyone slam me for that. I also drive a MINI so I know what small is. Kind of small to me is when it only seats 2 comfortably in the back seat. With the cupholders placement and the narowness of the seat 3 adults would seem to be be uncomfortable in the rear. It was hard to tell though b/c we couldn't get in--just look. Anyone have a different opinion?

I also think the rear door hinge looks a little weak to support that beefy door and the spare tire. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the quality of the hinge.

The door windows seem chopped. I guess I mean that they aren't that high--seems like claustrophobia to me in the back seat.

I'm not an off road person so those H# capabilities don't mean much to me. I can get a fully loaded Suburban (leather, power everything, DVD, etc) for around $35,000 or the H3 for around $32,000 (leather, no DVD). Hmmmm...I just can't decide.

Can any of you H3 owners give me your comments on this? It's hard to decide to buy a vehicle you haven't even been able to test drive.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:38 PM

H34me? is off the scale

I finally saw the H3 on the dealer's lot. It was already sold so we couldn't test drive it --just view the interior. I drive a Suburban, so I am comparing my likes and dislikes on the H3 to that:

You gotta love the look--too cool. I appreciate the fact that GM has come out with a smaller version of the H2 which is a little too big for me. Better gas mileage is also a plus.

I thought it was kind of small. Now, don't anyone slam me for that. I also drive a MINI so I know what small is. Kind of small to me is when it only seats 2 comfortably in the back seat. With the cupholders placement and the narowness of the seat 3 adults would seem to be be uncomfortable in the rear. It was hard to tell though b/c we couldn't get in--just look. Anyone have a different opinion?

I also think the rear door hinge looks a little weak to support that beefy door and the spare tire. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the quality of the hinge.

The door windows seem chopped. I guess I mean that they aren't that high--seems like claustrophobia to me in the back seat.

I'm not an off road person so those H# capabilities don't mean much to me. I can get a fully loaded Suburban (leather, power everything, DVD, etc) for around $35,000 or the H3 for around $32,000 (leather, no DVD). Hmmmm...I just can't decide.

Can any of you H3 owners give me your comments on this? It's hard to decide to buy a vehicle you haven't even been able to test drive.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Honestly, I don't see how you could be comparing the two. I have a Yukon XL Denali and an H2 and wouldn't try to draw a comparison. There is just so much more room to a sub.

I don't think anyone can't help you make the decision since you will not be taking the H3 off-road (which you should). The 'burb is probably going to ride better, carry more and just be a better vehicle unless you want the coolness factor. But wait until next year to get the 'burb when the all new platforms come out.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Desert Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't have a smaller more maneuverable fuel efficient version of the Hummer with the same inside space as an H2 or Suburban??

If you like or need the Suburban's size and don't plan of going off road then buy a Suburban

I doubt you can find a loaded 4x4 Sub out there for $35K unless they are giving them away because of sluggish sales and gas prices

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-speed/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Boulder Grey/ Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003
1988 Jeep Cherokee

Gone - But- Not Forgotten 4x4's
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 Willys Wagon
Old 06-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H34me?:

I can get a fully loaded Suburban (leather, power everything, DVD, etc) for around $35,000 or the H3 for around $32,000 (leather, no DVD). Hmmmm...I just can't decide.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where can you get a new "fully loaded" burban for 35K? Since a "fully loaded" burban cost just over 50K for a 1/2 ton, I can only assume you are talking about trading yours in and than giving them 35K with your trade.

Since I have owned an 03 Z71 Tahoe (only 18" shorter than your burban) and now have an SUT and an H3 on the way, I can tell you my opinion on owning/ driving. The tahoe was a great truck! If i wasn't interested in owning the SUT, and didn't go off-road, this is what I would currently own. Pleanty of room and reides/ handles great! The size of the H2 SUV/ SUT doesn't fell much different when comparing the size. The H2 is just as easy to park as a burban. I have driven the H3, and found it's raod manners to be fine! IT does not have the same power as the Tahoe/ Burban or the interior room for that matter. If you really can get into a burban for that price and need the room, go for it. If you want a smaller vehicle with less power and don't mind less interior room, go for the H3.
Both are two very different vehicels and cannot be compared to each other on the same level. One has unique qualities over the other.

A couple of things to consider though;
1) WARRANTY. 3/ 36,00 Burban or 4/ 50,000 H3
2) New platform and redesigned interior/ exterior next year for the Tahoe/ Burban.
3) In another year you will be able to geta much discounted H3 or the new style burban.

Good luck,
Tim.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H34me?:

I can get a fully loaded Suburban (leather, power everything, DVD, etc) for around $35,000 or the H3 for around $32,000 (leather, no DVD). Hmmmm...I just can't decide.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where can you get a new "fully loaded" burban for 35K? Since a "fully loaded" burban cost just over 50K for a 1/2 ton, I can only assume you are talking about trading yours in and than giving them 35K with your trade.

Since I have owned an 03 Z71 Tahoe (only 18" shorter than your burban) and now have an SUT and an H3 on the way, I can tell you my opinion on owning/ driving. The tahoe was a great truck! If I wasn't interested in owning the SUT, and didn't go off-road, this is what I would currently own. Pleanty of room and rides/ handles great! The size of the H2 SUV/ SUT doesn't feel much different when comparing the size. The H2 is just as easy to park as a burban. I have driven the H3, and found it's road manners to be fine! IT does not have the same power as the Tahoe/ Burban or the interior room for that matter. If you really can get into a burban for that price and need the room, go for it. If you want a smaller vehicle with less power and don't mind less interior room, go for the H3.
Both are two very different vehicles and cannot be compared to each other on the same level. One has unique qualities over the other.

A couple of things to consider though;
1) WARRANTY. 3/ 36,00 Burban or 4/ 50,000 H3
2) New platform and redesigned interior/ exterior next year for the Tahoe/ Burban.
3) In another year you will be able to get a much discounted H3 or the new style burban.

Good luck,
Tim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also think the rear door hinge looks a little weak to support that beefy door and the spare tire. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the quality of the hinge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those hinges would make a nice barn door hinge. They weigh 3.5 lbs. each. Pretty beefy, I wouldn't worry about them.