H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transmission Upgrade Almost Complete...

I just got off the phone withn the transmission shop that has my rig. I have upgraded the stock tranny to a heavier duty built 4L80E. That was the tranny that GM used on their bigger pickups and H1's untill the Allison tranny came into play. From all the research I've done I can't find anyone else who had done an entire tranny upgrade and swap. Anyway, everything is just about complete and I should be able to pick it up around friday. If anyone is interested I can show the entire list of upgrades and new parts, gears, flywheel, torque converter etc....

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 04-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Transmission Upgrade Almost Complete...

How much does this cost??
Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

on the west coast Inglewood transmision is the place to go .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

List of parts and even an ABC order of work. Not likely the tranny guys will give to much detail. Any info would be cool.

I have a couple of tranny companies one in the south and other in north. I'm just always checking on what is being done in other areas.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
List of parts and even an ABC order of work. Not likely the tranny guys will give to much detail. Any info would be cool. TAZ

Actually the transmission guys are really cool and have documented the entire conversion. I will have pics as soon as I get my rig back but I will list all of the new parts as ASAP

05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Are you dealing with Automotive Performance and Transmission in
Boisser City, LA?

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Are you dealing with Automotive Performance and Transmission in
Boisser City, LA?

TAZ

Hey Taz, whats up? I'm actually dealing with Custom Built Transmissions in Marrero Louisiana. I've been knowing those guys since I was a kid and I know for a fact that they do amazing work. Here's the link: http://www.cbtransmission.citymax.co...ge/5701242.htm

I can't wait to get the friggan thing back!!!!!!

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06

Last edited by CONRAD II : 04-10-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Thanks Conrad you should be in great shape with your tranny guys. Thanks for link I will check them out.

Nationally as far as shops I could recomend doing business with just on the phone is the Boisser City shop that has a Raptor tranny they call it that from guys who I know that have run that as well as others running several levels of their trannys have been real happy. Once we see how your tranny works I can add another to recommend which would give me 2 in deep south, 1 up north, and 1 in northwest of USA. This that is from trannys people I know used with success.

Most of the time you can find a local tranny shop that are great quality but, usually very few like in a small state that will do heavy high performance because most are covered up building reman stock. Anyway everybody knows where I'm coming from on that.

I wish there would be someone to setup shop recomendations seperated by what they do and by state. I know of course under or in another section but, labeled as such so any of us`may find one near even if it is a state or 2 over. I think if we are looking for quality it could be any kind of shop like interior design and build then an upholsterer, electronics, or anything we can think of. Well maybe that is to big job as it would take a couple of people that good organizing skills. Just a thought?

TAZ
Old 04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Talking Re: Transmission Upgrade Almost Complete...

Getting close now, I'll let you guys know something ASAP!!!

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

WEST OZ H2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
I just got off the phone withn the transmission shop that has my rig. I have upgraded the stock tranny to a heavier duty built 4L80E. That was the tranny that GM used on their bigger pickups and H1's untill the Allison tranny came into play. From all the research I've done I can't find anyone else who had done an entire tranny upgrade and swap. Anyway, everything is just about complete and I should be able to pick it up around friday. If anyone is interested I can show the entire list of upgrades and new parts, gears, flywheel, torque converter etc....

Mate, I'm interested. Can you let me know if you can shift it like a tiptronic and will it be lockable in each gear?

Al
Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEST OZ H2
Mate, I'm interested. Can you let me know if you can shift it like a tiptronic and will it be lockable in each gear?

Al

I really don't see any need for a tiptronic setup so I never really investigated the possibility. I might have looked into that setup if I were driving a lambo, but I just want a bullet proof reliable transmission!!!

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 04-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

WEST OZ H2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
I really don't see any need for a tiptronic setup so I never really investigated the possibility. I might have looked into that setup if I were driving a lambo, but I just want a bullet proof reliable transmission!!!

Mate, Mine is constantly shifting down, sometimes as far as 2nd on the open road and when it's tiptronic or selectronic it stays in the gear one's selected i.e. Top gear, god knows it's got the HP / Torque to cope with minor hills. I've only clocked up 11500 Km (7145 M ) since I've had it and it's already bugging me. Locking it in the bush is the shot as it makes hill descents a breeze.

Al
Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Finally an update.... I went to the shop on Wednesday (yesterday) for a test drive. The transmission shop wanted me to drive my rig because they were feeling a vibration around 80mph. Sure enough, when I let off the gas around 80mph the truck sounded like something was binding up. I couldn't tell weather it was coming from the front or the rear? The tranny shop took abart the new front and rear diff and checked both my drive shafts. Everything looked just fine, so they are going to look at everything again tomorrow. However, if they don't find any problems they are goiing to put everything back together and I'm going to drive it around this weekend. With the new tranny, front, and rear diffs, the problem might just be that everything needs to simply "break" in. I just hope "break" doesn't become the oprative word. I'll keep you guys posted.....

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rhyno is off the scale

Conrad II, any updates on your new transmission?
-20" Rockstar wheels
-MagnaCharger S/C
Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Hummer Authority

When my auto tranny goes I'm switching to manual 5 speed or 6 along with an electronic controlled on/off gear splitter (maybe). I will also have the luxury of 2W or 4W drive with shifters inside. This will allow a much longer stretch between stock gearing ratio for just daily driving and end up with a stock equiv. of 6th or 7th gear if 5 speed is all that can be made to fit H2 which I believe is the case. Will go manual with all of the best toughest parts available etc. So needless to say when my show sponsored time frame is over project blowup will begin, unless someone will allow enough trade for it against all the basic equip. I will need. I will hit up sponsors for clutch setup and rebuild tranny kits so it can be shifted without clutch being disengaged after it has started rolling. It means the best syncros you can buy. Anyway may do it in fall or over winter. Hope so anyway and most times do my thing but, not always. This has been on my design list not wish list for a short while now. Oh also means a super short throw shifter setting right where auto shifter sits now. Not that it matters much but should help MPG even.

TAZ

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 06-06-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Elcova Rookie

medihummer is on a distinguished road

Hi

We are from Europe, Belgium.
We also did a 4L85 upgrade on a 2006 SUV Supercharged and complete Borla exhaust. Headers + Cath Back
We used compushift. It works great. There is only one minor point. The transmission always shifts at 5500 RPM. I can not get it to 6000 rpm. Somebody experience with compushift? Somebody knows how to solve the problem?
Does the gear reduction to 5.1 ad a lot of drive-ability? what did you pay for it?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Hell, why not throw throw the hybrid tranny unit from the Tahoe/' Slade in there? Hybrid HUMMER. Too cool...

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5