H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Hummer Novice

ken.j is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel Suggestions

Hi,

I have an 09 Black H2 with 18x10 Eagle alloy 064 Chrome ( -25mm ) on 325/65/18 Toyo open country A/T tires. Winter in Canada has not been kind to the rims and I am looking for replacements. Was considering the Mazzi Hulk Chrome as it has the same specs/offset etc as the 064's but 18x10 is on back order.

It took a while to decide on the 064's as frankly I feel that many of the aftermarket rims fitted to H2's just don't suit.

I am considering Weld Velocity but seems to be discontinued or a black rim with large lip like the Fuel Throttle or BMF version of same.

Black trucks I think look better with heavy black spokes and polished lip but don't seem to be many out there.

I put XD spy's on my Ram and they looked ok in the shot of the rim alone before I purchased, but now mounted, the rim blends with the tire and you can't see where the rims ends and the tire begins i.e. no contrast.

Would appreciate any pics of rims in 18 or 20 with 35's or any other suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Elcova Newbie

blkhummer_guy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheel Suggestions

hey im really new at this myself..i was wondering if anyone know if changing air bag suspension to coil suspension kit is a good idea...i heard it might not be as smooth of a ride but itll cost less prob in the future...
Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i was wondering if anyone know if changing air bag suspension to coil suspension kit is a good idea...

It is an excellent idea, and while you are add it throw the Truxxx keys with 1.25 spacer in the rear!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road

Black XD Diesels looks awesome on Hummers (especially black ones) check them out.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

I have 24" mazzi hulks and I can tell you if you go for more than a week w/ out washing road salt off the chrome will go to ****. Mine are getting stripped right now ($50/wheel) and getting powdercoated gloss black (About another $75/wheel). I made it through 1 winter w/ weekely washings. After I put the lift kit on, couldn't fit my rig in the wash bay...all my chrome went to **** shortly after.

Bottom line on pretty much any chrome rim made now is they are all using this cheap thin chrome, nothing like the **** on old chrome bumpers and other parts of the past.

If you like the style you have, just strip'em and powerd coat. You can get damn near any color coating now, even match your body color.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

Camou2 is on a distinguished road

Check out some of the Moto Metal wheels.
2008 H3 Alpha
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

racer24 is on a distinguished road

I got the black Mazzi Hulks in black with polished rim bead and alternating black and polished rim. I had all chrome before and now with the Mazzi's they really show off the stealth gray paint on mine.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

draconianruler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
Mine are getting stripped right now ($50/wheel) and getting powdercoated gloss black (About another $75/wheel). .

Where are you getting your rims refinished? I have serious pitting on mine and was looking to have them refinished. I was quoted $200/wheel to remove the chrome and another $160 for powdercoating. It was more then just buying new wheels.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Hummer Novice

JJJTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.j
Hi,

I have an 09 Black H2 with 18x10 Eagle alloy 064 Chrome ( -25mm ) on 325/65/18 Toyo open country A/T tires. Winter in Canada has not been kind to the rims and I am looking for replacements. Was considering the Mazzi Hulk Chrome as it has the same specs/offset etc as the 064's but 18x10 is on back order.

It took a while to decide on the 064's as frankly I feel that many of the aftermarket rims fitted to H2's just don't suit.

I am considering Weld Velocity but seems to be discontinued or a black rim with large lip like the Fuel Throttle or BMF version of same.

Black trucks I think look better with heavy black spokes and polished lip but don't seem to be many out there.

I put XD spy's on my Ram and they looked ok in the shot of the rim alone before I purchased, but now mounted, the rim blends with the tire and you can't see where the rims ends and the tire begins i.e. no contrast.

Would appreciate any pics of rims in 18 or 20 with 35's or any other suggestions.

Thanks.

check out this link:

http://www.wheelsnext.com

go to the wheel visulizer and have a pic of your h2 on your computer if you don't already. just upload it to the site and resize the rims and you can compare...Awesome software.

before you buy anything, check out the BMF SOTA , BMF novikane, and BMF death metal, kmc xd armors
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconianruler
Where are you getting your rims refinished? I have serious pitting on mine and was looking to have them refinished. I was quoted $200/wheel to remove the chrome and another $160 for powdercoating. It was more then just buying new wheels.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/auto-light-tr...ts/wheels.aspx

They're only stripping, I have another shop doing a big lot of parts.